Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Could any one give me information about Ghanaian international striker Ishmael Addo and defender painstill. I am equally interested in Pappoe who is a national team player. What is the probable cause of the dip in form of Painstill and Addo. any information about Aziz Ansah or Ibrahim Razak???

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Hey :)

Pappoe is a pretty good defender, doing a good job with his team, they are second in the standings. He scored a nice goal today too (4:3 win).

Pantsil played as bad as the rest of his team-mates at Maccabi Tel Aviv. But after the loss to Bayern he went out to the media and slammed the manager and another player saying they accused him in one of the goals in the dressing room. This was the final straw for them and he was loaned out to city rivals Hapoel. Hapoel are last in the league so it's hard to say anyone there is playing well. But I think he has shown improvement in his ability compared to the recent time in Maccabi at least.

Addo is the same story, Maccabi uses a 4-5-1 formation and Addo doesn't get many opportunities. And when he does he seems very unconfident, too many easy misses. Maccabi is looking to get rid of him and he is on his way to Greek side Ergotlis until the end of the season according to our media (on loan).

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Really? I doubt he's going to get much playing time at Ergotelis either. They also play with only one striker and that is the second scorer in the league and by far their best player. Unless they change formation, no way is the coach going to take him out of the line up.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Really? I doubt he's going to get much playing time at Ergotelis either. They also play with only one striker and that is the second scorer in the league and by far their best player. Unless they change formation, no way is the coach going to take him out of the line up.
Well it was published on Sunday. Apparently everything has been finalised between the agent and both teams. The contract was supposed to be sent by fax today (I have no idea if it really happened) and the medical should be held tomorrow. They also mentioned some Greek newspaper already published an article about Addo.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I haven't heard anything but then Ergotelis is a small team and they rarely get press. Anyway, if they play a two striker formation I think Addo is a good signing. He's the guy who scored the first goal against PAOK at Thessaloniki, right? He looked quite good.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I haven't heard anything but then Ergotelis is a small team and they rarely get press. Anyway, if they play a two striker formation I think Addo is a good signing. He's the guy who scored the first goal against PAOK at Thessaloniki, right? He looked quite good.
Yes he is. He's very good on his day, but unfortunately that's the key word - On his day is something that hasn't happened over 2 seasons. His last team got relegated and he lost every bit of confidence and this season is the same story again, although the scoring rate must be good if you think about the actual amount of chances the team is creating. He has been linked with 2 other Israeli teams (Hapoel Nazrath Illit and Beitar Jerusalem) but it didn't work out.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
As to Paintsil, some years ago there was a chance that he will play to our Polisch club Widzew Łódź. But they couldn't complete all documents before the end of the transfer break.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Addo's bad form is not all due to Maccabi Tel Aviv's disastrous formations though it of course had a lot to do with it. Addo showed some great potential but last year in Netanya he suked big time and was one of the major pivots that made Netanya be relegaed. He kept missing chances that should have been converted to goals and single handedly cost them matches. Maccabi thought that he was just going through a rough time and he will regain form in Tel Aviv but that didn't happen.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I still think that Addo can be a good striker. When he came to Netanya he was recovering from a very serious injury. Before that he was considered one of the best young African strikers. Klinger wasted him with his use of Addo as a lone striker. Let's give it a bit of time and see if he might still regain his form playing with a better attacking team.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
You have a point. IMO football and any sports is 50% about motivation and confidence. Addo lost plenty of that in the last two seasons, due to relegation and formations which don't suit him.

BTW I just noticed mamamia asked for info about Ansah and Razak. Ansah is not doing very well and was nominated to leave the club, but was given another chance. Razak is a great technical midfielder, a bit 'mad' and very much inlove with the ball but he is a pleasure to watch. I don't understand how he was signed by Netanya who play in the 2nd division, especially since he was already with Empoli. A real steal.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't understand how he was signed by Netanya who play in the 2nd division, especially since he was already with Empoli. A real steal.
Razak fell out of favour in Empoli. That chap has some sort of disciplinary problems. In St Etienne(France) he allegedly fell out with th coach. In Empoli, he went missing during the season at one time.In Ghana's 2001 silver medal winning U-20 team he was the biggest revelation alongside Essien(Lyon),Obodai(Ajax) and Boateng.If my memory serves me right he was nearly kicked out of that team for disciplinary problems. What he needs is a patient coach.
His career nosedived also cos of unnecessary Senior National Team call ups.In 2002 the FA dissolved the national team and called up the U-20 players. So at the age of around 20 yrs, Razak featured in the Nations Cup at Mali and was one of the revelations.Other unnecessary call ups followed and I believed it affected him...cos from that generation..only Sulley Muntari(udinese) and Essien(Lyon) are still in favour with their clubs.
Ansah's case is suprisingly cos 2 or 3 years ago he was voted the best player of the local league.he played prominent part in the youth national teams and i didn't expect him to be so bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts