Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you ppl who said that Dino Zoff was an ideot..... Do you still think he is????

Surely he cant be and ideot :Confused:

Forza Azurri

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I was never a real fan of him (as a coach) and I was mad about some of his decision for players he selected. I also thought we could never have success with him.
But now I am glad to admit that I was wrong, he has success, his Italy has heart and knows to fight.

FORZA ITALIA
FORZA ZOFF

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
His Italy has heart and knows how to fight.What they dont know is playing football...

R

·
0 Posts
I guess zoff proved us all wrong..he deserves all respect..( His Italy has heart and knows how to fight.What they dont know is playing football )

well at least his Italy knows how to win the matches. that what really counts.

:)

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
ITALY ALL THE WAY

So Italy doesn't know how the play football, Amo?

Well, we DO know how to win!!

Isn't that what is about during a tournament?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Not in a football tournament...if Italy looses the final noone will remember them.While everyone will remember Hollan's 6-1 win or Portugal's crazy way to the semi final or the quality of the French side.The bad thing is that they'll win the final...

Sorry,this is just my opinion.Italy plays exelent defgence but not football.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't know...

I think the 10 man win against favored Holland in Amsterdam was a pretty memorable event in the tournament, with the incredible defensive display along with Toldo's brilliance. Brilliant offensive displays like Holland's 6-1 win are very memorable, sure, but so is holding on despite playing a man down for an hour and a half to win on penalties. Not as attractive, sure, but still memorable.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
When somebody remembers in the future the 6-1 Holland's win over Yugo, they'll automatically remember also Holland's downfall to the Italians that came next... Want an extra reason for that? Because it was a huge example of facing a hostile situation at the most and still come on top of it.

The game is not only about technique and attacking football Amo.
It's about BALLS. (excuse the language)

The Oranjie couldn't do it.
Not even with the referee's help.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Never underestimate italy's style it may not be so impressive but They know how to win/
As for ZOFF i think he has done a great job/but some of his decisions on who to start will always be of concern..

Hala I like the quote:The game is not only about technique and attacking football IT'S about Balls; I would have to say if italy did not know how to play football then holland really does not know how to play:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I admire Italy for their heart,balls and fighting spirit,but they dont play football.You must also play ball and not just using your "balls".About the 20 men issue,Zambrotta took a stupid red card.Noone told him to tackle twice Zenden from behind.The ref was awful and biased but on that subjexct he took the right decision.Besides,be real,dismission or not that would be Italy's play.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
In the second yellow card situation Zambrotta DID NOT tackle Zenden from behind. He did what you call in basketball a "screen".

I agree that Italy would play the same style of game even with 11 men. I'm not so sure it would take them so long to qualify though...

A classic Italian game. They always play like that, always have and always will most proabably. You don't like it, I know that much.

But Zoff PROVED to be no idiot...

If Zoff is an idiot, what does that make Rijkaard then?

[Edited by hala on 30-06-2000 at 14:36]

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
AMO!! Just what the hell is football if it doesn't have some DEFENCE?? You sound like some American who just loves to see high scoring games b/c, after all, winning a game 1-0 is boring, or so few points being scored is boring, or how can you stand to watch soccer when no one scores b/c that's boring. Yes, I've heard them all, b/c I am an American who puts up with the uneducated telling me soccer is BORING b/c no one scores, the scores are so low, etc., etc. So tell us all, Amo, what is football if it hasn't any defence?

As for Zoff, I still don't like him, he still makes stupid decisions.

And Kazeema, I agree with your comments.

[Edited by Debs on 30-06-2000 at 15:11]

·
Registered
13,124 Posts
Amo - how could someone love Serie A so much and be so anti-Azzurri? You talked trash about Albertini and he proved you wrong. You called Italy boring and you say they can't play football, yet we are in the final against the world champs. Do you really think people will forget about this? When the Czechs made the finals of Euro 96, they stayed #2 or #3 in FIFA ratings till now! Italy deserves their win. For all Holland's flair, where did it get them? This illusion that other teams play with such grandeur and style and the Azzurri does not really doesn't hold up. Because as you can see, the Dutch have lost their 4th consecutive tournament on PKs. If they were so explosive, why can't they outscore their opponents? Italy plays to their strengths, and God bless them for doing so. Will the real Azzurri fans please stand up? Viva Italia 2000!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Debs,I'm NOT against defence,I'm against ONLY defence.I like it when a team has great defenders but playing SOOOOOOOOOO defencive is depressing.You know how much I enjoy to see Canna and Thuram tackling an opponent but I also like to see Del Piero and Totti showing their creativity and not marking ONLY.

Primo,Albertini proved me wrong? how? he had ONE great game in this tournament,in the rest he was the same tasteless,untalented and boring player he has been since he was 25.

I love Seria A,but if Italy wins this thing,it will be the END of Seria A because all teams will play 8-1-1 with the more offencive ones playing 7-2-1.If Italy proves that catenaccio can win,Italian football will die...right now,I would say Italy is a "Cauet",big heart,great at defencive duties but no skills and creativity at all.The ultimate tool of coach but the ultimate sleeping pill as well...why not make Italy be a "Davids" or a "Redondo".Cauet's qualities along with some skills and something that makes you love football like Redondo's dribble over Berg...WHY?

I started the tournament by supporting Italy although i was 1000% sure they would fail.Why I was so sure? because I thought Zoff made the wrong choices...I was wrong because Zoff made the right choices...for a rugby team.Not for a football team I and almost every other fan had in mind...But later I was disgused,I was really disgused..I felt embarassed that I was even thinking of supporting this team...

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Amo, you did NOT start this tournament supporting Italy! :mad:

OK, if we're such crap here's what has to happen: get all the stranieri OUT of Serie A so that Italian players can develop as they should, so we can develop our own great strikers, midfielders, etc.

Being a Milan fan, I've gone thru alot of crap from our own fans making the worst out of a win. It looks as tho it now also happens to the National squad...no one wants us to enjoy this win, everyone wants us to be ashamed, and on and on, ad nauseum. Well...Primo, I am standing up, I am an Azzurri fan and proud of it. Sunday will be David vs Goliath all over again.

FORZA AZZURRI!! FORZA MALDINI!!

[Edited by Debs on 30-06-2000 at 20:53]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yes I did Debs...I'm ashamed of it but I did...otherwise I wouldnt care about Zoff's picks.

As for the rest of your post calling Italy "us" while you are not Italian tells everything...

Take the foreighners out of Seria A and if anyone watches Seria A again I'll become a milanista...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
As for the sunday final,its not David Vs Golliath,its FOOTBALL Vs catenaccio.

I hope football wins because otherwise the sport will take 600 steps back...

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
What is up with you Amo?? I guess you don't know me after all. A team I truly support I do call "us" and "we". What's wrong with that? Your comment "As for the rest of your post calling Italy "us" while you are not Italian tells everything... " is both confusing and rude. :confused: How do you refer to your teams, Amo? And besides, in this instance I was saying "us" as in "us fans"....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts