Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC OVERRATED?

i watched this player alot this year, he has gr8 dribbling skills but as a finisher he is not as good, he didnot help juve match this year , what do u think of him?i thinkthere r alot forwards better than him

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
when a player is out of form its easy to jump on the bandwagon and say "over-rated" this is usually the xt way. but saying that, most players are over-rated, its the nature of the football fan to over-rate there team/ players. ;)

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arfy05 said:
when a player is out of form its easy to jump on the bandwagon and say "over-rated" this is usually the xt way. but saying that, most players are over-rated, its the nature of the football fan to over-rate there team/ players. ;)
i respect ur opinion but i am not saying that cuz he is not in his form , alot of forwards r out of form like adriano but i dont think he is overrated.. i am saying that cuz zlatan never imperessed me as a forwad, he is not efficient, he always try to score a beautiful goal causes him to miss alot of chances.

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
He lacks that final touch. Which is important. He should improve in that department. If he works and improve this, i think he could be a very good player.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
totti_the_king said:
i respect ur opinion but i am not saying that cuz he is not in his form , alot of forwards r out of form like adriano but i dont think he is overrated.. i am saying that cuz zlatan never imperessed me as a forwad, he is not efficient, he always try to score a beautiful goal causes him to miss alot of chances.
i see where your coming from now, being a serie a fan your used to clinical strikers which zlatan isn't, plus his style of play can be frustrating, he likes dribbling and makes a pass when a shot might be better. in that respect he doesnt fit in and thats why probably people dont like him.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
arfy05 said:
i see where your coming from now, being a serie a fan your used to clinical strikers which zlatan isn't, plus his style of play can be frustrating, he likes dribbling and makes a pass when a shot might be better. in that respect he doesnt fit in and thats why probably people dont like him.
i love talented players but zlatan has problems in my opinion cuz in some times his team is losing and he tries also to show his talents, i think a gr8 player must know when to play for his team and when he plays for himself.i know zlatan is not a target man but he atleast must have an effect making assist etc .

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
he;s just of-form, for a long while ..

last year he was our top scorer with 16 Serie A goals and was one of the players that literally handed us the scudetto.

this year he's shit, but he's just 25, he will mature more and improve his finishing skill and passing :)

·
Administrator
52,539 Posts
Koeman4 said:
He reminds me Kluivert so much...

Thats one scary thought :scared: Take that back right now! :tongue:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Koeman4 said:
He has far, far more technical and playmaking ability than Kluivert ever had.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Fail to see why, however, Ibrahimovic is a class player who has adapted right away to Serie A (and we know that is no easy thing) and has become an chief player for Juventus after his first season. For anyone to say he is hyped, that is pure nonsense. Finishing? He is not a Trezeguet type of player so why expect him to be one? Watch the goal against in the friendly against Benfica last summer or watch the goal against Roma. How many goals has he scored in his first season? I think its 16 isn’t it? He has had a no moment but to judge him and say he is hyped because he is playing alright and not stellar, sounds silly to me.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
At the end of the day strikers are judged on the amount of goals they score. If a striker isn't scoring then people will criticise. In the 2 games in Arsenal even his technique was letting him down which really isn't a good sign. The hype was warranted last season but this year he's off form so he's 'overrated', that's football.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Culéd said:
What do you think of Cassano?
What do you think of Figo?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts