Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
You say Xtratime is losing traffic? Do you want to know why?

Well firstly the new design which alot of members are against was never tweaked or improved upon despite promises that it would be.

Secondly the embarrassing incident where posts magically disappeared that took a long time to fix.

Thirdly - there are hardly any more people wanting to join internet forums. So the only way a place like this can survive is by catering to the older members otherwise they will just leave or post less regularly.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
no there not look at January there were far more members active

I hope the Euro's will increase activity but it's obvious that the failed changes to the forum has turned down many people from visiting.

Does anybody at VerticleScope care about ad money??

·
Registered
1 Posts
The upgrade to the forum was a complete disaster, the incompetence of the idiots who implemented it is staggering.

Now you have this password reset stuff going on for 2 weeks (?) and you still haven't fixed it for whatever reason.

So yes, of course the site will die when you can't even do simple things without literally breaking the entire site.

Everyone who has anything to do with the technical side of running the site should be removed immediately, because this kind of incompetence you won't find even on sites created by 10 year children.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need my original account back! (cagane) Never got that f...ing email. I'm seriously furious about it. I don't have to be nice about this one because I tried everything that appears at the front page and it's still nothing.

·
Administrator
30,558 Posts
See your pm Cagane

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
tapatalk sucks.

Why kill forums, making great revenue via google ads. $500 USD a month? Not bad.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
The idea that forums are "not popular any more" and it's 2017 does not hold any water.

Especially when our competitor site has much better traffic than ours. Various forum sites on topics ranging from cars to wrestling have much better traffic than this place.

It's incompetence that has cost us. That damn skin change failure and the lost posts.

for example guys like me who actually bring traffic to this forum are blocked from the lounge. It makes no sense especially considering that I hardly break forum rules.

Reactions: Bentex

·
Registered
44,967 Posts
The answer is slimming down XT. Getting rid of a lot of the inactive forums will make people group and post more in the active ones. By that keeping those alive instead of having more and more dead subforums.
This guy has it right. We need to cut a lot of the fat. Many club forums should be closed and collapsed into their respective league forums, imo. Would definitely work for Serie A.

Don't worry. We can shift the inactive club forums into the archives so they can be resurrected if need be or just preserved.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
that's true

I also believe that WWE should have a section on it's own and not a sub-forum since it contributes to probably 70% of all posts on XT and has many activie non Eastern European members.

·
Administrator
30,558 Posts
Really Firdy :ferocious:

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
This guy has it right. We need to cut a lot of the fat. Many club forums should be closed and collapsed into the league forum, imo.
Forums to close:

Arsenal
Chelsea
City

Napoli
Torino (the fcuk they have one anyway?)

Andalusian football
Pathetico Madrid
Basque football

Bayern
Dortmund

Porto
Sporting Lisbon

Zenit

Bursaspor
Eskisoehispor (who the fcuk?)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Honestly all English club forums are dead.

Jimbo and the other Derby fans deserve a sub forum more than any other English club lol.

·
Müdür müdür müdür
8,433 Posts
now that bjk is dominating the turkish league our forums have died. imagine all the possible trolling that could have been :(

101 - 120 of 429 Posts