Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been very active for some time now so excuse me for being a bit suprised to see that so many XT forums are ghost towns now. Even forums that were very active a few months ago are basically death with no one posting there. Who's to blame? What can be done? Is XT on the verge of its death? I can't imagine new posters being attracted to this place and more and more old posters will start losing their interest to post here. If nothing is done I think no one will post here in a few years.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Making tapatalk work would be a big step forward. I don't visit often any more because the forum isn't available on tapatalk (I mean the topics participated in part because that's the most important function on tapatalk). In this age where most people surf the internet on their mobile phone I can imagine that's one of the main reasons so many people stopped posting.

·
Registered
17,022 Posts
the old posters are interesting but they are losing interest. 1) technology turns young people to different kinds of social media 2) the oldies are getting jaded with the world of football governed by money, tax evasions, doping, etc, just like fifa and the olympics.

·
Registered
41,605 Posts
As long as the forum exists people will still post here.

Even when it dies a few will rally round, create some FFP and continue to post there until they die.

No new members will ever join here because no one joins forums, not ones so broad as football anyway.

The update didn't help.

·
Administrator
52,725 Posts
Making tapatalk work would be a big step forward.
THIS, not suprised if this is one of the main reasons for the steep downward spiral in activity. That and the new design alienating lots of people, it litterally seems like a breaking point for the super inactivity.

Forum werent super active before hand, but it seems like it just got 30% more inactive around then and its not picking up again. Usually in slower periods it picks up after a while, but its not happening. Match threads are barely made/let alone posted in if they are in most forums.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
Dags can make XTRATIME great again!
Here's my plan:

A) Grant Dags unlimited power;
B) Sell XT to Dags;
C) Get rid of the Chat-box!

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
The update actually made things worse. How? A newcomer comes by, sees the disastrous design, retreats immediately. Those who have been for a while figure out / find the info how to set back to the previous outlook. I certainly wouldn't be capable of posting to an ugly forum.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Dags can make XTRATIME great again!
Here's my plan:

A) Grant Dags unlimited power;
B) Sell XT to Dags;
C) Get rid of the Chat-box!
lol at C, you scripted son of a taco salesman!

On topic, less bannings, less sensitivity, less PC posting and we'll rise again.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
I haven't been very active for some time now so excuse me for being a bit suprised to see that so many XT forums are ghost towns now. Even forums that were very active a few months ago are basically death with no one posting there. Who's to blame? What can be done? Is XT on the verge of its death? I can't imagine new posters being attracted to this place and more and more old posters will start losing their interest to post here. If nothing is done I think no one will post here in a few years.
All forums everywhere on the Internet are in decline.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=forums

So it's not something specifically related to Xtratime.

Youngsters aren't interested in posting on forums anymore. Existing members grow older and either don't have the time anymore or lose interest.

It's just the way it goes. We're not going to attract a whole bunch of new posters anymore. Maybe a few, but that's it. The forum age is over.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
THIS, not suprised if this is one of the main reasons for the steep downward spiral in activity. That and the new design alienating lots of people, it litterally seems like a breaking point for the super inactivity.
Ironically the upgrade was done from the belief that new features such as tagging and likes would attract new members and give existing members something to be excited about.

Personally I like the upgraded forum. The standard mobile version of the forum works fine for me. I've never used Tapatalk so I can't compare. I'm guessing it had more features?

·
Administrator
25,329 Posts
i really like the upgrading, looks so much more clean ( the design) and the new features are fun too

nevre use it on my mobile though tbh

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
It's definitely been less active after the upgrade.

Reasons: it's ugly first and foremost and no tapatalk.

I'm sorry, but the VS guys are hilariously inept and lack common sense.

The 21st century features are obviously great, but the design is horrible.

1 - 20 of 429 Posts