Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Theres a few posts in the Lazio forum about it.

Lazio can keep dreaming about Veron but they should look at their situation realistically, they can't afford him without selling thier own stars!

Veron won't leave until his contract runs out, as he has stated he wants to finish it before he moves.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Russell said:

Veron won't leave until his contract runs out, as he has stated he wants to finish it before he moves.
Yes we do hope & we do keep on dreaming about it :);)

It's free....Like ManU fans dreaming about Nesta:D

..as for the second part, i heard so many players say that, and i've seen as many changing side hours after signing extention with their club....Nedved comes to mind:rolleyes: ..

and yes, there is a thread in Lazio forum;)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
It's free....Like ManU fans dreaming about Nesta
Like Lazio fans still dreaming about Seba;):D

I dont expect Juan to be leaving this summer.Cragnotti has said that he would be ready to bid for Seba anytime but the final decision rests with United and I am pretty certain that the board and particularly Fergie would let him go.He bought the player aware of his qualities and I am sure we are gonna see the best of seba next season.:)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
k-2..first line in my reply says that we are dreaming;)

I dont deny that, and i cant deny the second part of your reply. I to agree that Fergie wants Veron for at least another year. Regarding "seeing" the best of Seba next year.....that will mean that Fergie will have to change the style of play around to fit Veron. Your midfield IS good enough even without him (thats why i believe that it was a mistake buying him in a first place). I dont think that fergie is ready to change something that is already good. Veron will have to fit ManU game.

Now, will that work.....thats another question. First year was bad, thats why IF he doesnt fit in the second, he will be made available.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
k-2..first line in my reply says that we are dreaming
Aca,sorry I didnt notice that.:embarass::embarass:

). I dont think that fergie is ready to change something that is already good. Veron will have to fit ManU game.
True,Veron this year hasnt exactly adapted to United's style of play and like you pointed out,Fergie wont change his style just to suit Seba.However,I do feel that Seba,being the classy act that he is;),will change his game to suit the United style of play.It wont be a major problem for a player of his quality.:)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
First year was bad, thats why IF he doesnt fit in the second, he will be made available
Veron is being played like some kind of defensive midfielder while he's been at Manchester, thats one of the main reason he has done crap this year, look at the boro game for example. Veron is slow and takes his time. What the hell was he doing so far back I'll never know. He needs more of a free role to get his more precise long balls to the strikers.

If he keeps being played like this we might as well sell him back to a desperate Lazio who actually need him. (where they'll get the money i'll never know)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Russell said:
If he keeps being played like this we might as well sell him back to a desperate Lazio who actually need him. (where they'll get the money i'll never know)
Thats the reason most of the Lazio fans keep on dreaming;)

..and for the money. Crag sometimes does crazy stuff. He'll find the money. It wouldnt be the first time he pulls out something like that;):D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Russell said:

Seba He needs more of a free role to get his more precise long balls to the strikers.

1st time you talk sense :D

·
International
9,526 Posts
/don't forget though, he had a cracker against Depor. Being an optimist, I'm hoping this is the start of Veron's renaissance at United. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I agree. I know that we've had the occasional mesmerizing performance from Veron this season and rushed to declare his official "arrival" in the EPL but with Keane out, he's assured the freedom he needs to leave a mark on the game.

Against Depor was the first time that he's been able have central midfield all to himself. All the creative energy in the game sprung from his feet as Giggs was playing the decoy behind Ruud, and Butt and Fortune were there as deputies.

He has this opportunity and he must seize it. But there's a concern as well that by playing too well from central midfield, Fergie (if he chooses to keep him for another year) will have the dilemma of fitting Beckham, Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, and Veron into the same midfield when all are healthy.

Either Veron will have to become a more versatile player, positionally, or some very worthy players will be benched. No doubt, in times like we're facing now with all the injuries, Fergie's wealth of choices is great insurance. But this can as well become an excess of midfield choices. Fergie will have to do as much ego soothing as tactical maneuvering if this is the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts