Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMO i feel that he is the best ATM.

OK ronaldo is the top scorer. But he is not a striker.

next in line is adebayor n torres with 19 each.

Adebayor takes penalties(i think he scored 3 of those from penalties)

Plus in the beginning of the season torres was part of Rafa's rotation policy so he has not played as much as adebayor.

the best ever Foreign debutant is RVN with 23 goals. Surly torres is capable of challenging for that honor?

your views???

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Berbatov and Rooney are better for me.
Rooney can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Very good player but his finishing is atrocious.

I'd take Torres any day of the week.

·
A true hero
31,421 Posts
Yeah, but his all round play is brilliant. I'd take him over anyone not called Samuel Eto'o.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
He's the most in form striker, if thats what you're trying to say.

That doesn't mean he is the best. I'd hardly say Benjani was the best striker in the Premiership in August, as much as I wish he was.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Benjani is the biggest excuse of a striker I've ever seen at this level.

For a long time that is...

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
I think Torres has a much bigger dimension to his game than Rooney, he can run with pace and agression when faced under the pressure of the keeper slot it under his incoming arm.

Rooney will run with strength and same amount of agression then try a lob which has only worked once in his career which wastes another chance with Ronaldo slotting it in and MOTD saying it was a Rooney creation when it just knocked off the keeper.

I would have Torres everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

Also Lol @ Berbatov he just looks elegant although he is very lazy.

Torres is the next Fowler.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Talentwise, a number of other forwards piss all over Drogba. But Drogba has been dead effective in what he does in the last 18 month or so. But that doesn't make him the best forward in the league.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Are you serious?

Drogba is the most complete striker in the World, and you're questioning his talent? What does he not have? He has it all; pace, strength, strong in the air, technique, etc.

His improvement since he first came to England has been truly remarkable. Drogba for me today is the best forward in the World. I hate Chelsea and I wish I didn't have to say this, but it's just my opinion. Yeah, Berbatov and Rooney might be more silky, but they aren't going to get anywhere near the amount of goals Drogba puts up.

Drogba is virtually unplayable.

Torres is approaching his level, but this is his first season. Drogba has been doing it for a long time now.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Drogba last season was something else. I remember Everton trying to mark him with Carsley and Neville I think it was he freeded him self by making space and BANG.

They took the lead.

etc etc against anyone who was anyone.

Looked very average this season due to injuries and crap form.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Are you serious?

Drogba is the most complete striker in the World, and you're questioning his talent? What does he not have? He has it all; pace, strength, strong in the air, technique, etc.

His improvement since he first came to England has been truly remarkable. Drogba for me today is the best forward in the World. I hate Chelsea and I wish I didn't have to say this, but it's just my opinion.

Interms of "talent" RVP,Torres,Tevez,Rooney,Adebayor,Anelka maybe even the non obese Dean Ashton and most likely the Mark Viduka of last season at Boro.

He is more effective but not the most "talented" his game is just based around pure physical aspects. His technique is meh

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
If his technique is poor how can he score so many crackers?

His technique was not as good when he first arrived, but right now it's unquestionable.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Are you serious?

His improvement since he first came to England has been truly remarkable. Drogba for me today is the best forward in the World. I hate Chelsea and I wish I didn't have to say this, but it's just my opinion. Yeah, Berbatov and Rooney might be more silky, but they aren't going to get anywhere near the amount of goals Drogba puts up.

Torres is approaching his level, but this is his first season. Drogba has been doing it for a long time now.
When he first came to England he was mediocre. And I agree, he improved a lot since. But if Anelka could get his head right, he'd be a far better player than Drogba. Strong, quick and a lethal finisher. Torres in that same bracket as well. Despite his girly look, the lad is strong and his finishing is top notch.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yeah, Berbatov and Rooney might be more silky, but they aren't going to get anywhere near the amount of goals Drogba puts up.
For reference, Berbatov has 19 goals right now, Rooney has 13 goals, Drogba 10. In 05/06 Rooney had 19 goals, Drogba had 16. Rooney had 23 goals last season to Drogbas 33, true... but Rooney won the league because he helped setup a bunch of Ronaldo goals too. Not to mention Drogba I don't think had ever reached 23 goals before last years freakshow. Then when we compare ages, its not even close. Rooney season for season has scored more as a rule, as a second striker.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
For reference, Berbatov has 19 goals right now, Rooney has 13 goals, Drogba 10. In 05/06 Rooney had 19 goals, Drogba had 16. Rooney had 23 goals last season to Drogbas 33, true... but Rooney won the league because he helped setup a bunch of Ronaldo goals too. Not to mention Drogba I don't think had ever reached 23 goals before last years freakshow. Then when we compare ages, its not even close. Rooney season for season has scored more as a rule, as a second striker.
In my humble opinion, those Rooney stats look impressive on the surface but if you dig deeper into it, you'll find that the lad is an atrocious finisher. Would you agree?

He gets a lot of goals because Man Utd creates dozens of chances every game. His all-round game is brilliant though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts