Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma offer Frey to Man Utd for £6M
tribalfootball.com - March 22, 2005

Manchester United have been told they can sign Parma goalkeeper Sebastien Frey at the end of this season for :thmbdown: .

The French international has been a long-term target for United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and revealed in January that both United and Arsenal had been in touch about next season.

Frey declared last week this would be his last season with Parma and has admitted an ambition of returning to former club Inter Milan.

But Parma are holding out for the best price and the News of the World says the Serie A outfit have offered Frey to Ferguson for £6 million.

United and Parma have a good relationship, with United chief scout Martin Ferguson, Sir Alex's younger brother, a regular visitor to the Italian club's HQ.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
This was in the english papers on sunday.

United have been linked with Sebastien for numerous years now, and to be honest, if we got £6m then I would be happy.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
No I wouldn't. There is no-one better or close to as good as Frey is for that sum, or even 10. 15 m£ should be enough. Lower then that is a damn crime!!

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Well, Frey is alot more proven then Cech is (or was before he came to Chelsea). And as most serie a fans would agree Frey is top 3 goalie in Serie A. ;).

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't know why some Parma fans are surprised. This is Parma's reality for now and maybe longer. The club cannot afford to pay high wages. Sponsorship money is down, attendance is down, and I just read that Parma's TV deal ends this season. Parma's TV deal was the 5th largest in serie A. Next season, it may be one of the lowest.
To make matters worse, nobody has shown interest in buying the team(although this may be because buyers want to make sure Parma stays up so as to not overpay).

Parma needs to develop players and/or buy players at low cost and sell at high prices to keep the finances intact. See AJAX, Udinese etc..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
6 million sounds to low 8-10 million would be better but you got to take what you get.
The article clearly says 6m sterling. That adds up to 8-9m euros.
It's pretty good. Besides, beggars can't be choosers.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Yes, beggars can damn well be choosers. £6m is insulting for one of the best young goalies in Europe. Especially if this is for Man Utd, we should do them no favours for them stealing Rossi. Scum.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Well Frey is going at the end of the season for sure. Considering our financial plight, we're always going to get lower bids, because clubs know we need to take what we can get. There's no way anybody is going to pay much above £4 million imo. The frey money won't be as important for the club in the close season. The looming Gilardino transfer imo is going to be so important, I just hope the club deals with it in the right way.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Valdrin said:
Well, Frey is alot more proven then Cech is (or was before he came to Chelsea). And as most serie a fans would agree Frey is top 3 goalie in Serie A. ;).
Cech had been proven as well. Champions league, coppa UEFA and several great performances in the NT. Frey has made impressions just in Parma...

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
6 mio. is a joke, if Gila is valued at 20, we should get at least 10 (just because keepers dont cost that much). Anyway, I wouldnt give him to Manure, cam already said it, they have stolen our Rossi...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
manif said:
I don't know why some Parma fans are surprised. This is Parma's reality for now and maybe longer. The club cannot afford to pay high wages. Sponsorship money is down, attendance is down, and I just read that Parma's TV deal ends this season. Parma's TV deal was the 5th largest in serie A. Next season, it may be one of the lowest.
To make matters worse, nobody has shown interest in buying the team(although this may be because buyers want to make sure Parma stays up so as to not overpay).

Parma needs to develop players and/or buy players at low cost and sell at high prices to keep the finances intact. See AJAX, Udinese etc..

Ahem.....thanks for pointing out the obvious :fero:

€15-16 should be the price Frey is worth alot more than what United are prepared to payfor him

I would prefer Frey to go to Liverpool other than United :finger:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts