Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radek Mynáø who used to play for Sparta (and was OK) plays for Grodzisk this year. There was an article about him on a czech site. There is written that Mynáø has his best season in his life, he's regular for his succesful club and is rated as the best right back of the whole league! He doesn't want to move anywhere coz he loves it there.

Is it true (or has anybody seen him this season) that he's that good?

Mynáø is an OK player who I like and this would be great to hear if it's true. But I don't trust our media. Why? They said that Ayala is a GK of Valencia :D.

Please reply. Even in one word. Thanks.

Marco

·
Registered
805 Posts
No.

ok, maybe I'll add sumfin ;)
the best right back in Polish league and the best Polish right back altogether is Marcin Baszczynski from Wisla (if you don't believe check my link below:)).
Mynáø is very good indeed, fast, he often helps his mates in attacks (Groclin plays 4-4-2) but he should work more on accuracy :) Radolsky is surely happy to have him in the team.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Mynar is very reliable defender indeed and yes (yes, yes maior :D), he is probably the best player on this position in Polish league. He has had the highest average rating amogst the right defenders according to football periodical "Pilka Nozna". On the other hand, he doesn't have a strong competition. Apart from aforementioned Baszczynski and Wasilewski from Wisla Plock, almost any.

As maior said, Mynar's main advantage is that he plays well not only in defence but also offensively. If there is such a need he can play with a success as a central defender. He and Croatian Ivica Krizanac (perhaps you know him too Bresiacno) are undoubtedly the leading foreigners in "Ekstraklasa". Lumir Sedlacek is also doing pretty well in Grodzisk ;), especially the first part of the autumn's round was good for him.

They say Slovakian coach of Groclin, Dusan Radolsky, is looking for further possible acquisitions in Czech Rep. Perhaps Mirko P. would like to return? :D

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just thought...why don't you post a link to this article, Czech is almost like Polish, we understand it with no problems :cool:

here you can see Mynáø in action against City
http://www2.gazeta.pl/info/elementy/zoom.jsp?xx=1800814

Oh, and don't believe those Polish jokers...There's no way he's better than Baszczynski :star: :p

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I came to this forum some time ago and you said that Poledica was probably the best LB in the polish league in the last season. He moved to Sparta and...? Nothing.

Mynáø used to have great moments but last seasons went to Sparta 'B' and...? Nothing. And in polish league the best?

So with all respect to polish football means that czech league is at least a bit better than polish- I mean the quality of the players. And that makes me happy but also to cry! Again and again I can see it. Our league has a quality and it's atractive but our stadiums are...yes almost empty. Money in football? Almost no money. Why the hell just in the Czech republic? I'm sure that at least 70% of other 'East European' leagues is watched by more people and it's better paid. When will it change? Mum I want away from this country!

Back to the topic. Sedláèek is a former player of Slavia but he wasn't good enough to be regular so he was loaned to Ceské Budìjovice. He became the centre of everything there and that was the reason he was wanted to Poland. He's creative with great passing skills. If he could defend he would be real :star:!

Mirko was actually bad in Sparta but there are another 2 or 3 players able to play his possition and he was benched after the 5th match I think. So we actually don't know how good he really is. Move bach to Poland would IMO very good for him.

Mynar is unique. I remember how he came from nowhere to Sparta and was man of the match in his (!) first match in his life for Sparta. It was in Champi.

Oh I see I haven't said much in this post related to the topic, just emotions.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maior said:
I just thought...why don't you post a link to this article, Czech is almost like Polish, we understand it with no problems :cool:
OK, click here.

Btw I was on holiday in Poland this summer. I had already been to Poland before but only one-day-trip always. This time we were all week in Miedzizdroje (near Scetin) by the sea. I was so overjoyed, really. Superb weather and prizes same like in normal shop in the czech republic. I know it's not usual in Poland- that hot- we were lucky but I'm impressed. I saw for the first time in my life beer with some sirup :eek:...and...:yuck:. But each country is different. Also language is superb. It's like a game. I understand 50% I think and I had always to think about the rest. We arrived home happy and told everybody that Poland is superb. But they all say: Poland? What? There can't ever be hot! And you were swimming in the sea? Are you idiots? Stupid people!............hehe........They are stupid. They pay for the same sunbathing in Italy 3 times more. I like underrated places.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think it's mainly Sparta that makes the dfference between our leauges. In Poland we're waiting for years to play in the Champions League. But how come you have less money? Wealthiest Polish clubs (that means three or four) have budgets around 5 M€. I heared that Sparta have 10 M€ per season. We also have many crappy stadiums but something seems to be changing (mostly because of UEFA requirements). And, in any case, I do't understand how can you complain having such a terrific national football team!

It's not that Sedlacek or Mynar are stars in our league... but they are good and they prove it also in the UEFA Cup. They are examples for other Polish clubs that you don't nessesary need to look for new players in Togo or Canada.

P.S. next time you're in Poland visit Trójmiasto (Gdansk-Gdynia-Sopot)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sparta has a big budget...yes...but Sparta is a giant in our league. Sparta can buy anybody...just play a good 5 matches in row and they buy you.

But other clubs are tottaly different. And it's not only about money but also people here are sport ignorants. So...what's your average attendance?

So do we have few crapy stadiums. I think 4 teams have to play elsewhere their home matches. Record is 51 spectators in one match :eek:!

IMPORTANT: Natioanal team and quality of the game in our league is :star: :star: :star: but people aren't interested, no money, crapy stadiums and many more :depress: :depress: :depress:.

But I'm proud czech...very proud.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Average attendance? Some clubs like Legia, Lech, Wisla have always full stadiums (that is 10 000 - 20 000). Others (Polonia) aren't so lucky with only a few thousand of fans on most games. Most teams have average attendance around 5 000 I think.
What's interesting, attendance on II league stadiums isn't much worse if not (in some cities) better.

Anyway, you have to admit these are not stunning statistics. :eek:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I watch Czech league on Tv Nova from time to time and what strikes me is not crappy stadiums. I mean, some of them are crappy indeed, but we're used to 'admiring' such sights there in Poland.

What really surprises me is a very low attendance and poor football atmosphere at stadiums in Czech Rep. Perhaps a tv coverage is a bit misleading, but honestly, what I watched did not look like top league games in a country which has successful clubs like Sparta and a NT that is pure class. If I hadn't known what I was watching, I would have said they were second or third division games.

Obviously, I refer only to the atmospere at stadiums. In terms of football skills, we're years behind Czechs. The stories of Myner, Poledica or Sedlacek are good proof for it.

Anyway, as for Mynar - he isn't so good as Baszczynski to my taste. There is this tendancy among Polish journalists to claim that all Czech geese are swans, but I think it's said a little too much :D Mynar actually performed very well in our league, but in Uefa Cup he wasn't that impressive. A really outstanding defender in Grodzisk is Krizanac :star: Pawlak behind him - and Mynar is no. 3. On the whole, however, he's definitely second top right back in Poland now. And as somebody has already stated, it's his contribution in attack that makes him extremely useful for Groclin. A very unique defender for Polish standards.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maior: Our average attendances are worse. Only Sparta and Baník have over 10.000. Others have about 3.000 - 8.000 and few (4?) only 1.500.

Prewitt: That's not true with the stadiums. We have crapy stadiums. Nova shows only 'big matches' so you can see only few best stadiums. And quality is low? Maybe but I'm satisfied. Well it doesn't matter but I think you understand that quality of the game is much better than all that around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts