Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess before 1958 would be the actual response, but since 1958- is this Brazilian team the worse ever?

I know FIFA rankings arent the best, or any good even- most of the time. but this... this ... we are hideous.

I cant remember a time (since Ive been born) that we have been worse than this.

We have a bunch of unblossomed players, no real identity, no amazing player. Our golden age between 94-02 is over... I cant think of any hope. (I know theres hope) - but whats to say that we are not turning into the next Hungary?

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I mean... look at this...
This is the guy who's supposed to give us back our spark. This is our #10? We're doomed!
With all due respect to Kaka- he just doesnt have it anymore. And to think some what ronaldinho instead! :eek:

vyZTWaZF9Dg

Playing in a WC QF against a strong european nation (its happened the last 4 or 5 WCs- its the trend)- we will need clutch world class players. But who do we have??? We got nothing! This is the worst..

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Kaka world cup was 2006/2010 he is not even playing so to think of him is something Mano Menezes would do. We should play 3 guys upfront Damião, Neymar, Hulk and try to make a midfield that can mark and give those guys the ball.

·
*the drum drum*
42,490 Posts
Say what you want, but even in the last World Cup, you were absolutely dominating the Holland match in the first half.

What let you down wasn't a lack of individual ability or poor tactical decisions, but rather the mentality to bounce back after Holland had a bit of luck swing things in their favour.

Brazil is still Brazil, only a fool will write them off just yet.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Zico in 2010 we had a decent manager today we have a clown. A guy that lets the media pick his first eleven, a serious manager would not have wasted so much time over Gaucho, whats worse is that he constantly tries to work with players from his past instead of using the best options he has at hand.

Anyone watched Corinthians vs Fluminense youth final? I really liked the way Fluminense played, some kids in the midfield were great too bad I could not get their names, but they were playing 1-2, holding the ball, looking for the pass with calm, thats the stuff we need they did waste many chances and their defense looked soft but their offensive midfield was great.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I don't know if we're at our lowest point ever, but the current generation must surely be the worst I've ever personally seen, and they have yet to prove otherwise. The Brasilian media is definitely part of the problem, cheerleading for worthless bums like Ronaldinho Gaucho and unfairly accusing the previous NT manager of hating good football just because he CORRECTLY left Neymar behind on the last WC. Meanwhile, Mano Menezes has no principles and whenever the media demands a player he bends over faster than a foldable chair.

Right now my hopes reside entirely on our players' shoulders; on some of our recent friendlies I have seen a spark in the eyes of some of our players that suggests that they're getting pissed off at the situation, they want to make the team work even though our manager is busy shoving his thumb up his own arse. THAT's where my hope finds sustenance nowadays, the players themselves deciding to work for it. We need players who take the yellow shirt seriously, not primadonnas who believe the NT shirt "belongs" to them. We need players who don't put themselves above the rest. And I have seen that determination in the eyes of players like Marcelo, Thiago Silva, Lucas Leiva and Hulk. I'll be OK with these guys not being as good as previous generations if they can at least show some balls.

And PLEASE, someone throw Ronaldinho's charred and disfigured corpse into a dumpster, we can always identity the remains from those incredibly punchable teeth of his. :happy: Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
before 58 we had some good teams and one great team.

the greatest attack brazil has ever had: Ademir, Zizinho and Jair.

·
Administrator
29,386 Posts
in 1990 we were worst. The 82 generation was over, the few guys still playing at high level like Junior or Cerezo werent trusted. The new upcoming stars like Romairo or Bebeto were not enough to play. The coach manages to be so far worst than even Mano.

the media imposed a complete carioca bs on the teams. And we still had a trauma of losing decisive games.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
in 1990 we were worst. The 82 generation was over, the few guys still playing at high level like Junior or Cerezo werent trusted. The new upcoming stars like Romairo or Bebeto were not enough to play. The coach manages to be so far worst than even Mano.

the media imposed a complete carioca bs on the teams. And we still had a trauma of losing decisive games.
Damn, you got me there JC, I can't honestly say that things were better in 1990. The difference is that Brasil wasn't hosting the tournament in '90 (but it was still bad enough to turn Lazaroni into a pariah, and I'm not sure Mano realizes that something similar may happen to his own career if he doesn't get his sh1t together).

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
...........I always thought you knew your futebol,....and I was right!

Thanks for changing the title.......now if I was a moderator I would not have to ask!

Totally agree with your comments re Ronaldinho Gaucho (the sentiments more accurately - you might be a little OTT there!). When is the flawed with him experiment going to end? Expecting a player doing something at 31/32 he has not done for circa 6 years if just brainless. I see hie is *causing trouble again at Flamengo and Luxemburgo will probably walk as a result. Say what you wish about Luxemburgo but he likes players to be professional. I am going to St. Gallen and will no doubt see Ronaldinho Gaucho be cheered when running over to take a corner! (assuming they are taking Brazil-based players also). The Beatles revisited!

* If the papers are to be believed.

·
Administrator
29,386 Posts
I think playing at home is positive. Just need to see the only momment Lazzaroni team showed anything was here in Brazil.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Totally agree with your comments re Ronaldinho Gaucho (the sentiments more accurately - you might be a little OTT there!).
In retrospect, maaaaybe a little bit. :D

When is the flawed with him experiment going to end? Expecting a player doing something at 31/32 he has not done for circa 6 years if just brainless. I see hie is *causing trouble again at Flamengo and Luxemburgo will probably walk as a result. Say what you wish about Luxemburgo but he likes players to be professional.
Yup, Luxemburgo blasted Ronaldinho on the press after RG pulled an all-nighter and was too sleepy to train in the morning (seriously), and apparently Ronaldinho responded by issuing a "either me or him" ultimatum. Luxemburgo's problem is that many of Flamengo's directors also hate his guts (for reasons that range from Luxa's natural obnoxiousness to not taking requests on the team selection); while Flamengo's problem is that Luxemburgo has a fat contractual-breakup clause and refuses to quit. I find the situation hilarious but always strive to look properly concerned when my flamenguista wife mentions it, because my mama didn't raise no fool. :lala: :err:

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I havent been following the ronaldinho saga BUT THAT IS HILARIOUS!!
You know its bad when RONALDO is more of a professional.

OFF THE TEAM ASAP.

To keep on topic- Our midfield is in shambles without having to worry about Ronaldinho ...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
There's about 28 months until World Cup '14. In the world of Football that is a very, very long time. Brasil has the largest talent pool in the world by an incredible margin and great players can come out of the blue in that time.

I wouldn't fret just yet.

·
Administrator
29,386 Posts
the truth, HH, is that in 1958 the only player that came between cups was Pele. In 1970 all players were there already. In 1994 the main players also there but the young guns like Cafu, Marcio Santos, etc were already called in 1991, in 2002 there was RG, but he was already exploding in 1999.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
2000-2002 (till summer).

/thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts