Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I´m serious with this topic and please ( all you non Lazio fans ) bare with me.

A Peruzzi - according to Gazzetta this was the best italian goalkeeper 99/00 ( frey had better ratings but he was the only one ).

Negro - outstanding last season and kept out of the first team by a 3 man defence and in that defence the mighty CanCan.

Nesta - best defender of euro2000 says it all.

Couto - one of the best central defenders of euro2000 ( CanCan, Nesta, Couto and possibly DeBoer where amazing ).

Pancaro - Had a superb season last season with Lazio and never slumped below 6 ( rating in Gazzetta ) the last 2½ too offensiv for Dino Zoffs 3 man defence ( Maldini played left wing and luliano played left defender and did it terribly ).

This defence is world class with Nesta and Couto being possibly the best central defence at the moment.

Midfield:

Nedved - well I don´t really have to say anything about Nedved do I :) but ok - bestleftmidfielder on the planet right now :)

Veron - ..... hmmm if I had nothing to say about Nedved then I have even less to say about Veron - when Italian soccer magazine ( C4 ) chose midfield of the season do you think they picked Veron or Zidane as playmaker ?? Veron.
Whatever anyone says I will always stick to my theory that Veron is the worlds greatest midfielder.

Baronio / Simeone - narrow pick but I go for Simeone. He had an amazing season last season and if he does it again we´ll win Lo Scudetto again. But Baronio can be the real joker - he had the best season with Reggina and if he continues to evolve like this he´ll be the best defensiv playmaker Italy has had in a very very long time.

Lopez - Boooooooooommmmmm !!!!! and he just rocks :) !! This guy is the worlds best segunda punta and he goes sooooo well with Veron :) !!!!!! WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

Crespo - Veron and Crespo are like Crazy and Glue !!!

I think this has the potential of becoming the greatest 11 ever !! The argentine triangle Veron - Lopez - Crespo will probably forever erease Rijkard - Gullit - Van Basten.

Forza Lazio !!

Ps. it´s still a bad deal brining Crespo :)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
svennis, i have to agree with you. our defence has looked good last season and through euro2000 except for miha.
i still think we need some backup for them so we can go a long way in all competitions.

our midfield is great. veron is the artist of our team. nedved is the hardest working lazio player. simeone and baronio will share this great coming season. i am impressed, but i just wonder whats gonna happen to stankovic this year? i really hope he shows the greatness we have been waiting for.

our starting forwards are next to great.

the trio of veron-lopez-crespo will be one of the best trio out there. it all depends on veron. if he brings in his unbelievable touches, then lopez and crespo will be enjoying alot of great chances.

even though i miss almeyda, i still think we have a better team than last year's. i really hope lopez and crespo will get comfortable quikly so we can show the black and white that we are the Champions!

THE BIGGEST MATCHES OF THE SEASON WILL BE AGAINST

ROMA.....BATISTUTA-MONTELLA
______________TOTTI

LAZIO....LOPEZ-CRESPO
___________VERON

this will be a season to remember. i can guarentee you that!

[Edited by argentina on 12-07-2000 at 07:28]

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
And of course we all know that Couto won't be the starter as Nesta's partner. Miha will. Even if you didn't like him, Eriksson does and that's what matters.

Besides you guys are reading way too much from the Euro2000. Miha couldn't play together with Djukic and co. and Couto fit very well with Jorge Costa, but that doesn't say anything about LAZIO's defense. Mihajlovic-Nesta is the best pairing for me, with Couto as back-up. Couto is very solid, but remember how much better Miha is in staring the play...but believe me there will be need for both of them, it's a long season.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Do you honestly mean "best squad" svennis ? Or isn't it more like starting line-up ?
Lazio hasn't done squat for depth so far. Instead they have no right midfield anymore, lots of new players that hasn't been integrated, hasn't got the teamspirit of last season and looks like a team without balance (in my book) as there are way too many offensive players if you get Zenden also.

Like you said in the end: "It's still a bad deal getting Crespo". You know it yourself. This deal has strenghtened Lazio's attack for sure, but it has also raised alot of questions. Something which was COMPLETELY unnecessary as you already had a scudetto winning side, which would be in a good position to do it again.
Conceicao and Salas loves Lazio and they will both leave and Almeyda was without any shadow of doubt your best defensive mid. I just cannot believe Cragnotti wet ahead and did this to you guys.

I bet Salas will be good this season wherever he ends up too. Will this become precedense now ? 1 bad year and it's out ?

Ciao.

·
International
6,519 Posts
yeah, svennis, more like strating line up as squad :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
First of all you forgot a Right midfielder every team must have.

Mattias,look at the bench of Juve,Inter and Parma and tell me they are worst than Lazio's.Not true.

I

·
0 Posts
Alright Svennis

i couldn't agree with you more svennis, lazio's 11 will be the best in history. I al so think that Miha, should get some rest and we should let couto be the starter, of course we will miss his spectacular free kicks, but I think veron and EL piojo will replace him fine. Anyway Lazio is the best of all and I think the Crespo deal will bring Lazio what almost cost us lo scudetto this year, lack of scoring

J

·
0 Posts
I think that Svennis is right if will come a good right (or left) wing: the only one that I've heard something about is Zenden, that would be a good choice (young and cheap). But in my dreams Lazio will buy a good right defender so Nesta & Negro will play togheter in the center. Veron-Lopez-Crespo: I can't wait 'til october! Our bench is very good, and maybe will come also Giannichedda.

I

·
0 Posts
Jena25, sorry to disagree with you on this one but I think Lazio dont need another defender they should instead use Couto more often he really showed how good he can really be, when he played in the portugal squad. And about Negro, I think he is really good as a right/defender, he sux in the center, does the 5-2 Valencia-Lazio ring any bells?, he gave up many goals, because he is not good in the middle, he is great where he played the season. What about a 3 defeder formation? wouldn't that be good? how about nesta/miha/couto or nesta/couto/negro or nesta/couto/pancaro, I think it would give lazio even more midfeild power. Anyway its just a crazy idea

FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I don't like Negro in the centre either, he is the reason we lost 5-2 to Valencia.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Well best squd of all time? Sorry but i dissagree :( Best team of the last few years probably :)

I'm really dissapointed about the right wing dilema!! It looks like we will have the same problem the Dutch had at Euro 2000. Overmars+Zenden = Nedved-Zenden.......they are just not suited on the right!! What about Stankovic???

FORZALAZIO!

Maybe im being too negative since:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
wOW this team is sooo unbalanced!

First off all i think that LOpez is going to SUX big, claudio needs space and he doesn't get that in Italy the best option would be to put him on a wing.

I can't wait to see you sign zenden and then play nrdved as a right winger, hahahahahahahah:D:D:D

Peruzzi
Pancaro-Nesta-Mihajilovic-Favalli
Lopez-Simeone-Veron-Nedved
Crespo-Salas

That sound more balanced!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Veron + Lopez + Crespo spells T-O-O M-A-N-Y
A-R-G-E-N-T-I-N-I-A-N-S .

Why don't we go and play in the Argentinan leauge instead??

And whats this Crap about Rivaldo?? They are changing out the whole squad for gods sake.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Oh my... You're as biased as ever Svennis... :) I know I'm biased too but not like you.

Goalkeeper.
Peruzzi. Well, there's nothing wrong with him but he's not among the best three in Italy. As much as I like Buffon I have to say that Toldo is the best, closely followed by Gigi. Van der Saar is also better BTW.

Defence
Nesta is good but the rest are average (Pancaro, Couto and Negro) below average (Mihajlovic). So, all in all, a very mediocre defence. An injury to Nesta would be devastating, like it proved to be before... BTW, Cannavaro was at least as good as Nesta in the Euro... :)

Midfield
Your midfield is broken. Simeone was great last year but this year he's one year older. Nedved and Veron are good though. Still, you don't even have a guy for your right wing. For backup you have a couple of unproven promising players (Baronio and Stankovic) and a few old guys (Sensini and Lombardo). Not very impressive. BTW, Zidane is better than Veron... :)

Attack
Well, Lopez and Crespo are great but what do you have behind them? Simone "My brother taught me how to dive" Inzaghi and Ravanelli? Please!

So, all in all, a possible killer starting eleven but behind them you don't have ****... That could still change I guess with the Serie A start still more than 2 months away...

J

·
0 Posts
Negro awful in the center? Your example is the worst Lazio match of the season (togheter the first derby), mine example is all the season '97-'98: nobody remembers? I remember that we hadn't goal against for 9-10 matches. Nedved on the right wouldn't play well? I don't think so. I would like to see 3-5-2 and because Serie A begins in october Sven could also try. S.Inzaghi isn't a great sub? Last year he scored 20 goals!

·
Registered
555 Posts
well... I didn't want to mention players like Gottardi and Lombardo. Because you would laugh at me, but with players like Gottardi we won the last derby !
With our reserve team we won the Italian Cup, with Marcolin and Pinzi we won away against Kiev (who had everything to play for).

But ok, let's says that Lazio don't have anyone on the bench. Just because a player doesn't have the big name it doesn't mean that he is not as good as the big names. I think that this season was a perfect example, Lazio used the rotation system and used players who are not known but we kept on winning.

Good luck next season when your coaches will be saying "we don't have a bench that is good enough...but look at Lazio, they have 22 fantastic players, and Eriksson can change the whole eleven without noticing any difference !"

but ok, less pressure on us ! that's just fine :)

FORZALAZIO !!

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Verdi, mediocre defense? You don't win the scudetto with mediocre defense. And the big problems when Nesta was injured...well we did shut out Juve in the most important match of the season with Couto-Miha in central defense. All in all, we have four above average central defenders and that should be enough.

Or is it just a coincidence that Crag hasn't pursued any defenders?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did my one post dissapear ?? hmmmmm ??

Ok whatever :)

Verdi get real or please just get ok :)

Couto was better then Thuram during euro2000 so if you call Couto average then you must place Thuram in that very same cathegory. Negro and Pancaro where hailed in media last season ( we´re talking Gazzetta for ratings ) and unlike Parma Lazio does have cover for their positions ( If Thuram goes ouch ouch then who are you guys gonna play ?? )

Glen if having luliano as a starter satisfies you then fine but he sucked during euro2000 more so then anyone else and Ferrari didn´t even get to play. Conte sucked and Zambrotta sucked but the worst suckers where Pippo Inzaghi and Del Piero so please get real ok !! Maresca is a punk and you don´t belive for one second that he´s gonna start a single game this season or next season for that matter. The cover you are talking about is not impressive at all - your first 11 has only 2 players that I would think about taking ( Davids and Zidane ) and only 1 of them would have a place in the first 11.

Lazio has: Nesta - Veron - Crespo - Nedved and Lopez as players that would walk straight into any 11 of any team in europe.

I think it´s amazingly sad that you guys can´t just say " fxck on paper Lazio has the most amazing team I have ever seen " since it´s so obvious.

The Parma midfield doesn´t impress me one bit right now - Micaud ?? who and what ok .. Amo you say that he could be the next Zidane but at 27 he´s not even close. Almeyda has had 1 great season with Lazio and since and before he was injury prone and redcarded at big games ( uefa cup final anyone ?? ) and in the Valencia game he assisted 2 goals before being benched the rest of the season. Almeyda was so depressed during the season because Sensini played so much better then him. Conceciao is a hard working player that does alot of good on the right wing and I´ll give you guys a good right wing - but without a head to aim for Conceciao is just not doing the team as much good as he should - just look at the Lazio games ( oh I forgot you guys pass judgement without having a clue - that´s a first ). Who else on the Parma midfield is supposed to scare us ?? Fuser ?? Bolano ?? These players are unknown ok :) they are ghosts to me and to the bigger part of europe since they show now signs of stability. Oh Svennis ever heard of Vanoli - yeah he had like 10 great games and now he´s a saint because he came at no cost.

Nedved - Veron - Baronio / Simeone / X - Zenden are all players who have just come out of a great spell. Zenden was one of the best left wings during Euro2000 he played amazingly well. Veron is the worlds greatest playmaker and he knows better then to hold the ball like Zidane or Costa.
Nedved is Nedved and you all know what that means. Baronio has had an amazing season and has been the pick of all teams - still he´s a Lazio player and will fight like hell to prove it.

Lopez took Valencia to a CL final ( with mendieta but everyone who watched the games knows that Lopez got all the attention and because of the buy out clause Lazio got him cheap 26$ he´s valued around 50$ ).

Crespo has been the best striker of serie A with Batigol the last 2 seasons and 2 seasons ago with Veron he really shone.

You are all so extremely jealus of your team it´s sickening !!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts