Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean the league is a joke, its competing with the French league for 4th best in the world now. Juventus are boringly dominating again and probably won't be challenged for the next 5 years. Milan and Inter, official jokes. No stars come to serie a anymore, its a feeder league now, empty stadiums, out of date stadiums, mediocre foreign talent across the league...eg...inter.

Milan are the best hope for an italian team to win CL....:dielaugh:

Not even Juve can beat galatasory :wallbang:

·
Greta joke sharer
22,610 Posts
no

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
I mean the league is a joke, its competing with the French league for 4th best in the world now. Juventus are boringly dominating again and probably won't be challenged for the next 5 years. Milan and Inter, official jokes. No stars come to serie a anymore, its a feeder league now, empty stadiums, out of date stadiums, mediocre foreign talent across the league...eg...inter.

Well, if you are a non-Italian gloryhunter then there is little reason to follow it. then you can go and smell the money in England.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
I mean the league is a joke, its competing with the French league for 4th best in the world now.
4th or 5th is not bad at all anyway. The quality of football is often pretty good and this what really matters to me.
Juventus are boringly dominating again and probably won't be challenged for the next 5 years.
clubs winning 3-4-5 scudetti in a row is not something new for serie A.

Milan and Inter, official jokes.
Big clubs having long pauses is not something new either.

No stars come to serie a anymore, its a feeder league now, empty stadiums, out of date stadiums, mediocre foreign talent across the league...eg...inter.
everythig considered, the talent is not so mediocre as it could be. Actually there is plenty of it even if the top players are elsewhere.

why should the 4th/5th league in Europe express a club who wins the CL?

and I loved it!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Yes. If you like Italian football you should follow it.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
ibrahimovic > serie a

hell, galatasary would win serie a quite easily. lmao

·
Registered
4,314 Posts

you wont be laughing when milan troll everyone and win the cl.:wee:

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
I posted a threat a while back about how boring Serie A was getting, for similar reasons you pointed out. I don't expect it to be what it used to anymore though, and I just enjoy the tight and unpredictable games now. Sure, a Livorno-Chievo match is very boring to watch, but if you set it against an MLS game the talent actually favors positively. There is also the odd beautiful team to watch, like Roma. Some teams are watchable because you want to see if they're going to get over their hump, like Milan and Inter. It depends on what you value.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I watched Juve's last match and even a tie it was very good game, only thing to point out is that somebody might have to tell Vidal to get down off his high horse...after some declarations it seems that he translated that to the field, too many even silly flicks attemps, he is a lot better than that.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
There are several reasons why I continue to watch, though even my interest has waned. I don't even expect things to dramatically improve any time soon. Italy simply isn't producing enough babies to get a real sensational crop of youngsters, and most owners in Italy can't financially compete with the European giants.
I watch and I root for the rivalries, the ridiculousness of it all and because I happen to still admire Italy despite all it's problems. I mostly follow Roma, but I like a good match. Still believe there's the occasion beautiful match and many others that are tactically interesting. I hope for improvement in the CL, even if I fear the worst. Lastly, neither the EPL nor La Liga really interest me.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
answer to Rosella Sensi and alex

most of foreigners > most of Italian players

we should stop thinking that there is more talent in 50m Italian people than in all the other countries of the planet

·
Registered
29,135 Posts
Yes, whether it's 45% or 55% of the Serie A players that are foreign there are still spots left to fill for the 200-300 best Italians at any point in time.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
The time to open this thread was last year. The rock bottom of Serie A was somewhere between 2011-13. This season's Serie A has been one of the most entertaining in a while. Some good players joined in the summer and, hence, the quality is greater, and that's one of the reasons why there have been many entertaining games this season, often several in each round. Juve, Roma, and Fiorentina are all good teams to watch. Napoli too when they're at their best.

In comparison, EPL took a dip this season (due to dip in quality and teams shoring up their defenses after EPL conceded goals in record-breaking fashion in the last and penultimate seasons), and I think the two leagues have been similar in terms of entertainment although quality of players remains considerably higher in the EPL. After City, there hasn't been much difference between the top teams in the two leagues in terms of spectacle.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts