Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,guys.
I want to tell a little about myself before I shall set a question... :)
I'm 18 years old. But I never was engaged in football professionally-I mean I have played as a goalkeeper when I was around 12-13...But it was some kind of "street football"- Small field, small gates... And I can say that we were one of the best team in our town. Then we have moved to another country and I started to play as Attacker/midfielder(I was 14-15 yo). But the last two years I didn't played football In general-I didn't have time....
But now I decided-I want to play football seriously-probably even to have football as profession...But there is one question left: am I to old for this ? I mean I will have to start Almost all over again....what do you think guys ?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Depends how good u are and i would say u have a 1 in 5000000000000 chance!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
To be a professional u need to play like everyday of ur life and be totally dedicated.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
I went through a similar phase, except you know..the Lebanese mentality was that an athlete = no future. I suggest you seize the opportunity, whilst having a plan B :D

Do your practice etc. at the same time maintain a Plan B - which would be focusing on studies in school, just in case you don't make the cut.

Remember one thing, mate. Kids nowadays are being nurtured from the age of 12! You're 18, and you *still* have the chance to nurture your body before it's too late. The only down-factor is that "careers" usually begin at 18-20...

Where do you come from, and where do you live? Are there resources in the country you're in that will allow you to be "nurtured"? (i.e. training etc..)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for answers. :)
I live in Sweden and I go to training every day(it is about one year) and I use to eat protein...So there is no quastion about my power. I think it is more then enough. And I have a bit Technics. So what I need now is your Support ;) and a good coach...i think...what do you think ?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I fink u will be the next Zlatan Ibrahimovic if uve got power and technique!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:finger: :finger: :finger:
I would like to...If God will be on my side. Does anyone has any recommendations for me ? :)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Practice, practice, and pray. :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
best thing to do it dont give up, believe in your self, youll get somehwrer some day maybe not the best leagues but you will get somewhere where you get paid at the end of the day you have a lot of pros who were in similar position like u

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for your support !
You know-I have been thinking about what I can and what I cannot...And I whant to share my thoughts with you.
When I was 12 I started to play guitar. And after 3 years I took first place in our district and second in our town (capital of our country) among those who played 7 years. I keep on playing now too,but I do it just for fun(like before ;)
After that I started whith bord tenis and billiard. And after 3 year of that I got my stable second place in club in tenis and third in biliard.
...And I think now it is turn for football ! :)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you would be a miracle to become a good pro having played so little football so far.

but don't give up on your dream, the amount of very good players i know that gave up is amazing.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you would be a miracle to become a good pro having played so little football so far.

but don't give up on your dream, the amount of very good players i know that gave up is amazing.
Exactly. It's very unlikely you'll turn professional - even if you we're you the footballer in your town or area a massive part of it is still luck - putting in the good performances when the right people are watching and so on.

That said there's no reason you couldn't have just as much fun in the amatuer ranks.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I want to be a professional footballer. Can anybody help me? I have one leg, im blind and dont have a left foot. I havent kicked a football since i was 5 where i scored a world class goal wen my dog was in goal. My fitness is poor because im in a wheel chair for most the time. Do u still think i can be a professional? I reckon if i work hard enough i cud probly get into the Arsenal team?

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
staw..

Go to Italy in the summer, take a medical certificate
with you and a recommendation from any of your former
coaches. Try teams like Piacenza and Modena direct...

Thats how simple it is to get a trial there :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lucky Luciano said:
staw..

Go to Italy in the summer, take a medical certificate
with you and a recommendation from any of your former
coaches. Try teams like Piacenza and Modena direct...

Thats how simple it is to get a trial there :)
Wow !!!!that is a great idea !!!!!How stupit could I bee sometimes....the thing is that our family will go to Italy or Spain in hollydays in summer. And there can I just go and try myself.
Do you mean that Piacenza or Modena can sign with me?(if I will be good enough )

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
staw said:
Wow !!!!that is a great idea !!!!!How stupit could I bee sometimes....the thing is that our family will go to Italy or Spain in hollydays in summer. And there can I just go and try myself.
Do you mean that Piacenza or Modena can sign with me?(if I will be good enough )
Yeah mate, you will get a week trial...

The rest depends on you, if you impress they will
sign you :thumbsup:

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wot about me? Will Piacenza sign a disabled one footer?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Vaughany said:
Wot about me? Will Piacenza sign a disabled one footer?

no but they will sign you for talkin shi't

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there is a funny thing.....There is quite many junior f.c. in our town . And I went to show myself in one of them. I scored one or two goals on the training and they said that I'm too bad and they didn't want to give me a second chance. But I was not upset. I went to another club that stands on higer level. And I scored 2 confident goals on their training(volley after corner kick and one-on-one)and thay said that I'm welcome. Hehe...does it depends on coach and luck or maybe something else ????

1 - 20 of 56 Posts