Xtratime Community banner

Is the 2nd half of the season more difficult for away matches?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • They are equally tough

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAPS DONATE HOME MATCHES:

The Ritorno

UDINESE
at Brescia
JUVE
at Ancona
SIENA
at Parma
INTER
at Reggina
at Lazio*
BOLOGNA
at Lecce
CHIEVO
atr Modena
EMPOLI
at Milan
PERUGIA
at Sampdoria

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
I say they are tougher because look at it this way.....Roma has 12 wins, 3 draws, and 1 loss.....now Roma has to RE-BEAT those 12 teams again. The 12 wins will be more difficult because the opponents can look at the films and spot their weaknesses against Roma and I am sure most teams will look at Milan's formula of beating Roma and try to emulate it. The only difference being, only Milan and Juve can really implement that strategy with its players. But Capello, I am sure, will make the necessary adjustments this time. Roma can win this Scudetto if they can remain healthy. This week (Milan and Sampdoria) will be an indicator as to how good our bench really is.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Here are my predictions as of today:

The Ritorno

UDINESE W
at Brescia W
JUVE D
at Ancona W
SIENA W
at Parma D
INTER W
at Reggina D
at Lazio* W
BOLOGNA W
at Lecce W
CHIEVO W
at Modena D
EMPOLI W
at Milan D
PERUGIA W
at Sampdoria D

I think 11 wins and 5 draws should do nicely.:D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think it will be just as tough, not sure if it will be tougher, but if we can win 12/13 games of the 17 again then Serie A is a probable win for us :)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Maybe not in terms of fixtures but in practice I think certainly. Playing with the added pressure is what determines which clubs are destined for success and which can't take the heat (Inter).

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
I voted "yes" as the stakes are getting higher the further into the season we go...as Tony said, every team is going to be looking for ways to crack us open, and the bigger teams are going to try that much harder to take our lead.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Naturaly it'll be harder. Of all the squads in the Serie A ours is without doubt one of the leaniest. Injuries, fatigue, probable progression to a stage in the UC where stars are gonna play etc... are gonna be a big problem. Hopefully the return to form of Tommasi and recovery of Montella will counter the ill effects of a physically demanding first half to the season.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting, broad replies.
I guess I voted "no" because I was thinking in terms of home-away matches, which clearly seem to be easier on the return. Udinese is playing tough, but we got em at home. We got Juve at home - a big up. And Inter. But now that I take into consideration the full impact of the late part of the season and all its drama, of course the ritorno is tougher. Everyone is scratching it out to survive, get into Euro competitions, etc.
Anyway, you can always get a good discussion going about fixtures because they are the schedule for our beloved.
:star:

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Primo said:
We got Juve at home...
I hate to boast, but guess where I'll be for that one! :happy:

·
Registered
45,463 Posts
Much depends on the shape of the opponent and you know it just when you meet them or few weeks before. Right now I can just say that it was better to meet Udinese when they left Pizarro out while now he is back (even if yesterday night he went out of the pitch for an injury), Brescia and Baggio are probably at their peak right now, Juventus are slowly overcoming the crisis and maybe in one month will be at their top, so not an easy start of ritorno.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Of course the ritorno will be tougher because Juventus with Lippi always plays much better in the ritorno and makes more points than in the andata so Roma is going to have to keep up with Juve's rythm. Also Roma with Capello always makes less points in the ritorno than in the andata and usually Roma struggles in the months of March and April. While Juventus usually struggles in the month of December like we saw them do a month ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts