Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i want to get a new pair of boots. my last one was a diadora (cant remember what version) but it was very comfortable and i've had it for about a yr and a half. i called up a store here and they said the Nike Air Zoom Total 90 III's are 250 dollars :sweeteye: . i know i can get it for way less than that on ebay. If the price is that high then a lot of people must be buying it. Is it really that good? or is it just hyped up way too much just because of couple of stars wear it. im not a big fan of nike boots but the only reason why im really considering this is because it doesnt have the 'toungue looking thing' (dont know the proper name but if you look at the shoe you'll be able to figure out what i mean) in the front.

I'll like to hear from those of you have it.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
they are normal regular boots man, if u were u i'll but the nike mercurial vapor i like them more than i liked the total 90

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schnorrer said:
they are normal regular boots man, if u were u i'll but the nike mercurial vapor i like them more than i liked the total 90
really i've never really seen the mercurials in real life..but the pics i've seen makes them look a little heavy ( i kno its the ones henry wears)

so you say i get the mercurials?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I don't like Nike at all, never buy any of their stuff. Over priced shyte most of it.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Get some Copa Mundials or Puma Kings instead.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Buy Adidas. That's quality stuff. I bought a pair of Nike Total 90 III, not Air Zoom, and I got.. hmm... a sore on my heel. They were a real pain in the ass and I sold them to a friend after one training with the shoes...

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
If Adidas fits your foot shape, I'd go with them. All shoes take some breaking in, you will get sores with Nike or Adidas, but after it's broken in it shouldn't hurt at all.
If you want your speed go with the F50 line, otherwise, the Predator line is great for midfielders. I'm looking for another pair myself :)

·
Banned
2,017 Posts
Yes!

When I wear them I get the ability of Pele, my shot is amazing, pace, skill, vision, everything comes to me when I wear these magic boots :)

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
The new Predators are good boots but not very well made! The stitching on mine are starting to go after about 10 games.

Got a pair of Puma Kings (I get a pair every season) and I dont think you will get a better pair of studs.

My 3 favourites.....

Puma King
Adidas Copa Mundials
Adidas World Cup

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
My Preds have completely splitt down the side, so I'm using some Umbro boots I've had for about 5 years, which are still going strong, they've about had it though, so i'll have to get some new ones soon.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Nico said:
The new Predators are good boots but not very well made! The stitching on mine are starting to go after about 10 games.

Got a pair of Puma Kings (I get a pair every season) and I dont think you will get a better pair of studs.

My 3 favourites.....

Puma King
Adidas Copa Mundials
Adidas World Cup
Nice faves :D

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I got me a pair of Puma Velise's about two years ago and they are the best dang boots that i have worn :D

im so very comfortable in it. They fit be like a glove.

I got the Nike Total 90 Zoom's a while back and switching from Puma has proved to be pretty difficult especially getting used to the Nika Versatract. It seems to take me that bit longer to take off and such..... hope that i will be able to adjust soon.

I wanted to buy Adidas F50's but the stores here dont stock them...shockingly :(

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so i got the boots and i am not at all satisfied with it. I cant seem to get my crosses right. its light and everything...but useless for my crosses and shots.

is it just mine? or did anybody else have the same problem?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You'll ghet used to them.

Pity you don't live in Melbourne, they
re selling Air Zoom Total 90 IIIs for 30 dollars Australian, roughly 12 pounds.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Gunner4life said:
ok so i got the boots and i am not at all satisfied with it. I cant seem to get my crosses right. its light and everything...but useless for my crosses and shots.

is it just mine? or did anybody else have the same problem?
maybe you should play with them for a while before you comment further.

anyways you should have got adidas ;)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
YUP ADIDAS is the boot if ur a midfield player....they have a good feel and also help u pass more accurately!Nike sux...Puma is better than em!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts