Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year in the top 4 reputation teams, I am impressed by none of the managers.

Mourinho has showed to be average this year, not knowing Italian football very well and living off Mancini's team and tactics. His stupid substitutions exemplified yesterday cost his team the game, and has even tried (retarded) 4-2-4 formations to try to score goals. Should this guy go back to school? At least he is a true leader and good fit for Inter, but not impressing.

Spaletti and Ranieri have no balls and many times this year made stupid decisions that cost their team. Spaletti had some good years when he had enough skilled players to support is style of play. Now, with many injuries, the few skilled and weak players, unable to withstand the demands of his style of play, cannot stop the leakage of goals.

Ranieri, where do we start? Produced a super-solid tactic in the beginning of the season that was made to win by Del Piero. Now that the energy has run dry, Ranieri is still using stubborn unskilled manners to try to win the game. Can we blame him? His team is stronger than Reggina's and should have won. Is it the players' fault? Obviously here injuries have hurt him but mostly, his lack of ingenuity.

Ancelotti is Ancelotti. He has won with great champions Pirlo and Kaka. I don't know if he had a good reputation before he had these players, but I can't reprimand him of anything with his CL record in this decade. An increase in Serie A ambition is his main lack it seems.

Are there any managers in the lower teams that can save the face of this league? I see many many many 3-5-2 these days. Can these managers be taken seriously? There is Prandelli who is excellent for Fiorentina but could he bring them to the top with a team that has the similar build as Roma? How would he do managing a top team?

This is it. Shit year for managers in Serie A, at least at the top. I see no managers able to close the spaces well while providing a fluid attack.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Two questions:

What is wrong with a 3-5-2?
Would you switch a 4-4-2 to a 6-2-2 or a 4-2-4 if you were losing by 1 goal with a few minutes remaining?

It is easy to criticize.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It's not the managers' fault. It's just that the quality of players is decaying.

Pirlo? Player of the past. Kaka too, to an extent.

3-5-2 is a good formation. Brazil won the world cup with it. 4-4-2 hasn't won a world cup since... I don't know, 1994?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
The quality of player is definately not as high as it was 10 years ago, say, but I see little to suggest the quality of coaching hs declined, particularly as there continue to be many promising young tacticians showing their quality, like Allegri and Marino.

·
Registered
32,707 Posts
Fewer foreign coaches. They used to be fun features. Boskov, Zeman, "Toto" Lorenzo, etc.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Zenga to Roma if Spalletti goes :thumbsup:

I am still a fan of Marino.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Giampaolo, Zenga, Marino and Allegri are all good coaches and it would be interesting to see how they would go at Roma.

Di Carlo has also done a great job at a side who looked doomed few months ago.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts

I have a feeling Spalletti is going to Milan. Don't ask why...

Zenga to Roma would be good. Zenga doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would take shit from no one and surely he doesn't take shit from players ala Panucci.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I have a feeling Spalletti is going to Milan. Don't ask why...
Because it's everywhere in the media? Because seeing it everywhere conditions your thinking?

Zenga to Roma would be good. Zenga doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would take shit from no one and surely he doesn't take shit from players ala Panucci.
Spalletti didn't take anything from Panucci, he took him off the team, off the CL list and waited until his tantrum was over and he finally apologized to Spalletti in person.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts

Zenga wants the Inter job but I think if the offer from a big club like Roma or Fiorentina (if prandelli should leave) would be too much for him to resist.

He has to change his attitude though, he is quite nuts :proud:

Marino is a v.good manager making things work with peanuts, although a lot of the credit goes to the club as they have been doing so for years. Great scouting at player and managerial level :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all the names mentioned are in the middle. the top sets the standard usually and I don't see a good one. Often also it's easier to manage without pressure like the middle teams, but do those managers have enough for a top team? It's too quick to say... Needless to say, they don't have the experience, which is a plus to any manager.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I agree on the coaches not being very impressive. Noone has built a real mechanical powerhouse that grinds those three points week in and week out.

Right now any team can produce a high level of football on a good day but on a bad day can be beaten by anyone in the league.

I guess Inter are somewhat the exception but as mentioned, it's not so much built as inherited.

Imagine if we had Mourinho, Capello and Lippi in the league. Talk about unexciting weekly 1-0 victories:howler:.

·
Registered
46,341 Posts
all the names mentioned are in the middle. the top sets the standard usually and I don't see a good one. Often also it's easier to manage without pressure like the middle teams, but do those managers have enough for a top team? It's too quick to say... Needless to say, they don't have the experience, which is a plus to any manager.
So, basically you don't like the top4 coaches in spite of their huge experience and you don't like the coaches of the minor clubs because they have no experience. Brilliant!

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are some very tallented managers in the league, but not the ones in the top clubs, that is why serie A is improving, managers like Marino, Zenga, Gaspreini, Gianpaolo... are introducing some modern atacking football to Serie A.

I used to rate Spalleti very high, because Roma allways played great football, but looks like he doesnt have the personal qualities to be a real winner and leader.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, basically you don't like the top4 coaches in spite of their huge experience and you don't like the coaches of the minor clubs because they have no experience. Brilliant!
exactly, the total package you expect at the top is not there. Good if there are good prospects though but as I said, a standard is also established by the top and its not done well in Serie A

1 - 20 of 41 Posts