Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With being the dream of marketer's for year's, has the brand name Beckham become towards it's end of it's used by date?With new young hot shot's leading the way now in Kaka,Ronaldinho,Messi,Rooney,Adriano etc will Big name companies be looking elsewhere apart from the World Brand in Bckham?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
rooney is already replacing him ,funnily enough rooney is the complete opposite to beckham ,he's never going worry beckham in the good looking or fashion stakes.In a way rooney is far more accessible to normal working class lads and easier to relate too .When I think of beckham all I think of is screaming japanese schoolgirls.

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
Rooney and C. Ronaldo are both Nike players.

Kaká will eventually be Adidas' new number 1 pin up.

Gerrard, Lampard, though English, dont have the looks :D

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Yeah, I alos think the WHOLE BRAND BECKHAM shyt is overrated.. After the world cup Kaka shud move to being th number 1 guy at Adidas..

but Becks made a HECK Of a lot of money off it... but now its really hype...

Cristiano R is the nxt pin up boy of soccer..

·
Registered
191 Posts
but the fact is that beckham is english n that helps him a lot.i find it absolutely disgusting to how overrated he is here in asia.i mean ppl know nothing abt football but know everything abt him.n most of consider the best player in the planet :frustrat:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
C Ronaldo doesnt have the innocent looking, always-victimised looks to get the sympathy from Chicks around. Therefore the portugese cant do it the beckham way.....

Either he is a good boy (where he isnt), or a bad boy all the way!!! for the BRAND.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Shevchenko-[7] said:

To be fair Stevie and Lamps are good looking boys :sweeteye:

As for Rooney and Ronaldo :lala:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shevchenko-[7] said:

:howler:.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Beckhams popularity is definately slowing. Was in Thailand a while ago and even the shirts with his name on were not selling so well. Mostly were Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Gerrard (big liverpool fans out there). In England most shirts I see now are Rooney, Lampard, and Gerrard, hardly see any beckham ones being worn.

C Ronaldo is getting alot of interest from the ladies!!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
rohitdinho said:
but the fact is that beckham is english n that helps him a lot.i find it absolutely disgusting to how overrated he is here in asia.i mean ppl know nothing abt football but know everything abt him.n most of consider the best player in the planet :frustrat:
LOL, how ignorant can people be :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
As long as he looks good and keeps his mouth shut, he can make millions selling lip gloss and maxi pads to teeny girls for another 20 years. :neutral:

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
well... the football fans kinda killed his reputation... the anti-metro-movement in football made football fans generally not too keen on him where as his skills also didnt help anymore... hes considered deadweight and who wants to sport deadweight?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
but he wont b making TOO much more money.. or him being THE MAIN GUY @ adidas.
I can see him staying around a bit more like Cantona for NIke

He is an Icon.. and he will add sum credence to the brand.. but the PRetty boy , Pin Up, Glamour Boy stuff will b saved for a younger player who will sell shirts into the next decade ...

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Beckham has his own brand with Adidas. I forgot the marketing terminology for this...similar to Michael Jordan logo on Nike products. Of course DB's achievements are worth squat in front of the legendary basketballer.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If he could only play as good as his boots look. :tongue: :howler:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Beckham is known even in the states. Women that have never seen a soccer game in their whole life list him as one of the best looking men on the planet.

C. Ronaldo nor Kaka will ever reach this status. Not because they're not good looking, but because they're sportsmen first and marketers second.

Rooney will be the trailer park Romeo. He'll be a big hit with Townie and Pikey girls. I bet you there's more than one caravan carrying a poster of his Shrek mug.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
^^AHAHAHA^^

Hes set for life hey.. and hes got that soccer training academy in london or sumthing (Clever move) for young gurls and boys to learn soccer skills and what not..

He's a marketers dream at the end of the day..

but Id say a football lovers dream wud hav been Zidane with THAT TYPE OF MARKETING ( from the mid 90 onwards ...

WOW !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts