Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't post here but I was watching TV last night when they were showing highlights from a game in Brazil (not sure which game it was, but they said it was the semi finals of a certain tournament). Anyways, at one point the referee booked one of the rival players and the home crowd went nuts, due to the reason that if both of the semi final games end as a draw - The team that got booked the less times during the two encounters will go through. :eek:

Is that true? don't the fans in Brazil think this rule is a bit weird? :D

Thanks.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Raanan,
UNfortunately it is true. That is why tha fans celebrate, because a read card is probably better than a goal in some cases:eek: :(

Of all the things that i have seen in Brazilian football over the years, this must surely be the most stupid, pathetic thing to have occured! It's shameful even to think that the club presidents SIGNED THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT!:eek: :( :devil:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
It's sad. Brazilian club football could explode, if there only would be a league of 20 teams, playing the Mexican league system...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Ze. So what is the reason behind this? What was the official reasoning? I mean there has to be a better system then just counting the number of Yellow cards, perhaps even a coin toss.... ;)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
raanam,
it's just another perfct example fo the typical mess that brazilian football is and even most brazilian politics. those guys live in another planet, with a mentality of 100 years ago!:( :eek: :devil: about the reasoning, it probably was a slight glimpse of major stupidity on the guy that wrote this rule, and even more on the 16 clubs presidents that signed the tournament!

thankfuly our players are so good that even with all the mess, we can still compete and be the best most of the times!;) :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts