Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy has scored seven goals in six matches. I saw him play in one match and he looked pretty good. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
I havent even seen him playing yet...the reports that are coming in are very positive, and of course with that record on his shoulders how could they be any other way...
Im makinn it a point to start following a little closer..hopefully I can get to see some of his xploits in the next few weeks .. ;)

·
94,488 Posts
Revolution F Twellman named MLS Player of the Month

June 3, 2002

NEW YORK (TICKER) -- New England Revolution forward Taylor Twellman, who is becoming one of the top goal scorers in the league, on Monday was named MLS Player of the Month for May.

Twellman, in his first MLS season, had five goals in four matches in May and is the second member of the Revoltion to earn Player of the Month honors. Italian goalkeepr Walter Zenga was MLS Player of the Month in September 1997.

The 22-year-old Twellman has goals in six consecutive games, which is one short of the MLS record held by Wolde Harris and Raul Diaz Arce. Twellman spent the last two years as a reserve with TSV 1860 in the German Bundesliga.

:cap:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two more goals for Twellman against DC. The kid must be doing something right, though the Revolution continue to lose.

·
94,488 Posts
On Twellman ... As of June 15th

In Denver, Taylor Twellman had a goal and an assist as New England ended a three-game losing streak.

The goal was Twellman's 10th in 10 starts for New England :eek: (4-7-1). Brian Kamler got the game-winner in the second half for the Revolution.

:cap:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
he seems like a good young talent in the league:)

I wonder what we will do with the excess talent we have among our forwards; Twellman, Wolff, McBride, Mathis, etc:cool:

·
94,488 Posts
Deniz said:
he seems like a good young talent in the league:)

I wonder what we will do with the excess talent we have among our forwards; Twellman, Wolff, McBride, Mathis, etc:cool:
Maybe Garber should Re-Contract ... Go to 18 Teams..then we can really spread all this weath of players around in the League !!! :lala:

·
94,488 Posts
Twellman's bike's a beauty

by Soccer America senior Editor Will Kuhns

BEST GOAL: Perhaps Revolution forward Taylor Twellman took note of the plethora of bicycle-kick attempts at the World Cup, because he produced one of his own against Kansas City on Saturday. Twellman wisely imitated Belgium's Marc Wilmots and Brazil's Edmilson by making his acrobatics count on the scoreboard. After Brian Kamler headed Steve Ralston's cross down off the post, the ball bounced up into perfect striking range for Twellman and he buried it past Wizards' goalkeeper Bo Oshoniyi from about six yards. The goal cut the Wizards' lead to 3-2, but New England was unable to further alter the score.

This Guy wont stop scoring !!!!;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And New England won't stop losing! :howler:

·
Registered
23 Posts
i don't know if twellman is for real or not, as i've not been fortunate enough to see him play just yet, but man i hope he is. whoever is coaching the nat'l side in their next friendly, twellman should be the first name pencilled in on the line-up card. if he could reproduce his revolution, 1860 reserve side, and university of maryland (FEAR THE TURTLE BABY!!!) scoring form for the nat'l side, wynalda's scoring record should be down before qualification for the next world cup even begins.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've checked out clips of a few of his goals on mlsnet.com. He seems to get his shots off very quickly.

I look forward to seeing a clip of his bicycle-kick goal. I hear it is a beauty!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
He was pretty good in the Metrstars game, but I think he is generally much better. He got into some nice positions and took some decent shots which Tim Howard saved, but he seems like a good forward.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He scored again on July 4 plus the Revs won. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
did anyone see his headed goal against united? more importantly, did bruce arena see his headed goal against united? incredible. it even made sportscenter.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
He is a strong header ; he reminds me of Mcbride. He does not mess around in the box ; he shoots it right away and is very aggressive at attacking the goalkeepers.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
It's only a matter of time before Arena will give this kid a good look since we have to find some strikers to replace JMM and McBride in the next four years.

·
94,488 Posts
He's one of the strikers for the All-:star:s MLS Team ....
Lets see if hiem and Ruiz can damage the Nats .. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts