Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to get your opinions on this.

I think it is stronger than last year. The standard of football seems to have improved and the arrivals of some new players to the league seemed to have improved things.

However, I still think Serie A has some way to go to get close to the EPL. I would rank Serie A possibly higher than La Liga at the moment.

I think Serie A can improve relative to the EPL because of the financial crisis. EPL teams may not be willing to spend all that cash to get the best players anymore.

The interesting thing is the Champions League now with all 3 Italian teams playing against English teams in the 2nd round. In all 3 encounters you would have to think that the English teams would be favorites. But Juve look like they could pull an upset by beating Chelsea (who look patchy this season).....but the biggest encounter will be between Inter and Manchester United - the 2 strongest teams in their respective leagues.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I haven't seen a single game. But judging by what I've read, I think the league is stronger in general, but Fiorentina are weaker.

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
I think Serie A is very strong MAYBE stronger than EPL but I have to agree with Galliani that the image of Serie A in the world is weaken. The EPL games are more colorfull, they have better stadiums, better TV coverage wich makes the games more attractive to watch.

BUT I thnik that there is a long way to go for serie A to be at a same level with EPL in a buisness terms.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
As a follower of Serie A for over a decade, I think a slight improvement cab be noticed this season.

This is more because teams like Napoli, Lazio, Genoa are proving tougher nuggets to crack in comparison to previous seasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts