·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Pires

·
Registered
547 Posts
Giggs - too inconsistant.
Pires - I would prefer him in the middle or on the right. Has had a brilliant season though - officially my favorite player to watch in the EPL this season.
Duff - As good as anybody in the world in this position - nobody knows him cause he's Irish and plays for a wee team called Blackburn.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'll just throw Doni's name into the ring here. Not a true left winger but none-the-less vital from that position for Atalanta this season.

·
Registered
94 Posts
pires is better in middle i think

judgin by recent form giggs is not best i think
maybe.... dammit i cant think of one off top of mah head
ze roberto??
hehe

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
It is Robert Pires (no bias over here);)

But he is injured at the moment:depress: . In his absence it is Ze Roberto. Ryan Giggs comes a close third but his incosistancy is a big problem. In fact he is the only player I like from the Manure team.;)

I also rate Cafu (I think he is more of a winger than Left back).:cool:

Ciao

·
Registered
181 Posts
There is no best player. There can nor be. If you want a name then I have to say Hasan Sas. He is incredible with and without the ball. He can gain the ball in the defence and score. No one take the ball from his foot.

He is in good form now but also a bit injured.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Pires undoubtedly and Giggs is a close second. Ze Roberto is also very impressive.

Pires had a tremendous season; he played so much at full strenght that he won't be available for the WC...
This is the reward of hard work...

·
Registered
862 Posts
I reckon no-one is better than Giggs on the left wing. He jus breezes past defenders who have no idea how to deal with him.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Pires will come back from injury then like so many other his form would have dropped.

Thats my theory anyway.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Pires and giggs are 2 different types of left wingers....giggs has pace and loves to take on defenders.....pires likes to come infield....and is maybe a better passer of the ball and can also take on people

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not as consistent as Damian Duff who is second to pires in the premier.Damian has another seven years to prove he is better as he will be the same age as pires is now.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Duff will never be as good as Pires was last year. IMO, he was the best player in THE WORLD last season, and Duff will never be a world star.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts