Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only one who can even challenge the case is Harry Redknapp.

·
Registered
24,282 Posts
Are English managers really that poor? :eek:

Harry Redknapp and Hodgson? Well, I guess they are better than Keegan and Strachan... :neutral:

Oh, I forgot Strachan is not even English...

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strachan is Scottish, just to say... Hodgson is better than Keegan, but in England not many people know of Hodgson becaus ehis career has been mainly with International teams or indeed in Scandinavia or Italy.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I've been calling for him to get the England job since Hoddle got sacked, very underrated in English football. Bit hit and miss when you look at his CV though

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Well he didn't get his team safe as quick as Steve Bruce, so no. Not to mention Gareth Southgate who did a brilliant job after having his strikeforce sold off at the start of the season, and his best defender sold off half way through the season. He's obviously a quality coach though.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
I really like WOY Hodgson a real wentleman with a weat heawt.

Hope he develops this side further.

The way he can't pronounce r cracks me up and the fact that he looks like penguin from batman.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well he didn't get his team safe as quick as Steve Bruce, so no. Not to mention Gareth Southgate who did a brilliant job after having his strikeforce sold off at the start of the season, and his best defender sold off half way through the season. He's obviously a quality coach though.
Hodgson took over in Janaury, Steve Bruce was much earlier... and for sure Wigan has a better team than Fulham.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Stevie Bould is better, got the u18s to the play offs even though his squad is chock full of 16 year olds. :thumbsup:

also Vic Akers, more prolific trophywise than anyone in world football, and he does it all just wearing shorts.

·
Registered
891 Posts
and at least Hodgson was prepared to venture out of England as well to manage and has done a relatively good job wherever he has gone. He is def one of the best English managers at the moment...which isn't really too hard right now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts