Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

The most overhyped player last year. No goals this season. No assist this season. The English media have surely gone too far in this guy. The poor guy scored one lucky cool goal against arsenal and everyone was saying he is the new Van Basten, the new ronaldo, even the new pele. I watched the guy play this week. He can't kick a ball even if his life depends on it. If he continue eating too many candys like he does currently he will surely be the next Ronaldo if you consider nothing but weight. Maybe the British are desperate to get a new hero. They have tried with Tim in tennis but the guy is a flop of the century

M

·
0 Posts
He's always been over-rated and I've been saying this for well over a year now, but it doesn't change the fact he is still an excellent young player and has proven in the past he can make good teams (Turkey) look very silly despite his young age.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well he is talented
but I thought they were going way overboard with the hype and it was so obvious he wasn't going to justify it.

D

·
0 Posts
1. Rooney has scored goals this season.
2. Rooney wasn't the most over-rated player last season
3. Carlton Cole will never be the best English striker.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The most gifted player in england now is Vassel. He reminds me so much of Del Pierro when he play. I wonder why he isn't highly rated. Guys like Owen, Rooney, are just media favourites.

P.S. Liverpool will not win until Diouf come back from ACN.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
obvisouly the media and even sven for tha matter has really put too much pressure on this young player. Sure, he has talent and by all means, let him play but not for the national team.

He is still 2 or 3 seasons away from being what he is made out to be by the media.

Next Ronaldo??? he is lucky to be the next Owen.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he's going to a be a great when Moyes realises he is an attacking midfielder and not a striker. ;)

he has all the talent in the World and when he matures he can become the best in the business,although he does need to stop his kebab and burger habits :D

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
His goal v Arsenal wasnt lucky, he was aiming for the goal as far as I could see.

Its typical of the media to build him up as they then have something to write about if he gets involved in a controversial incident or doesnt play well. Typical rubbish from the tabloids.

His potential is obvious to see, he just needs to get his head down and concentrate on his football. He also needs to sort out his temperament as he is too hot headed.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
calcio100 said:
Shows you football knowledge, you shouldnt be taken seriously.

Carlton Cole will neverr be the best English striker, he will be lucky to get top 5.Vassel ? The guy blown hot and cold but if he was consistent he would be premanent Enlgand material.

Rooney is overated but he still a talent.Too bad he's a prick.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Carlton Cole is class
he has so much all round game and alot of potential

IMO he will be the best english striker in a couple of years

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
To answer the question, No, I dont think he is the next Ronaldo. He had a decent season last season and that doesnt make him the next Ronaldo.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
calcio100 said:
The most gifted player in england now is Vassel. He reminds me so much of Del Pierro when he play. I wonder why he isn't highly rated. Guys like Owen, Rooney, are just media favourites.

ah, I see, a few consecutive goals after a very long goal drought, and now Vassell has suddenly become the international superstar of the future :rolleyes:
There's no doubt rooney has been over-hyped in the media (which he could really have done without), but he's still a young player with a lot of talent.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
With young age comes inconsistancy, i've seen Rooney play good premiership sides and run the show through out the game. I've also seen him have awful games. As he gets older, consistancy or the lack of it won't be such a problem

Just wait for Euro 2004 to start, i don't think any of you will be doubting his ability then.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
calcio100 said:
:D

The most overhyped player last year. No goals this season. No assist this season. The English media have surely gone too far in this guy. The poor guy scored one lucky cool goal against arsenal and everyone was saying he is the new Van Basten, the new ronaldo, even the new pele. I watched the guy play this week. He can't kick a ball even if his life depends on it. If he continue eating too many candys like he does currently he will surely be the next Ronaldo if you consider nothing but weight. Maybe the British are desperate to get a new hero. They have tried with Tim in tennis but the guy is a flop of the century
LOL at those who are happy to see a man more fortunate than them fail.:rollani:

But I do agree that he's overhyped, he belongs in the U-19's or U-21's, not the senior squad.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Rooney is still a promise... he has to work a lot to be considered as one of the top strikers of the world. By now, Ronaldo is in another level.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Why is there a question if Rooney can be the next Ronaldo??I find it as useless as the question if Jamal can be the next Ronaldo.

Rooney just grew up much quicker than other kids of his age and had the luck to score 1-2 key goals.So what?He has not the abilities not only to become the next Ronaldo but i doubt if he ever turns to a world class striker.Here we say our personal opinion,so for me,his style is awful.Morefurther do you know how many 17-18 years old footballers shine on Brazilian and Argentinian fields?And make many more things than Rooney...but there,are not so many advertisers or so much need of finding a new hero.

The only advantage that Rooney has,is that being so over-rated,he has already gained and continues to gain experiences of big matches,playing in the Premier League and with the English NT.This is good for the consecution of his career.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts