Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clearly not in the level people made him to be. The guy looks finished. Can't even be mentioned in the same sentence with guys like C.Ronaldo, Messi even though he was once regarded as the best youngster in the world.

Is he past his peak or the nickname "white Pele" was misplaced?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Good thread.

Yeah, Rooney is crap, was an amazing prospect at Everton but Man Utd have turned him into a workhorse, a slightly better version of Dirk Kuyt you could say.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
If you compare him with Tevez in yesterday's match then it is very different between them.

Carlitos is way sharper. I think Rooney can only get better after some games. But the former is just class.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Good thread.

Yeah, Rooney is crap, was an amazing prospect at Everton but Man Utd have turned him into a workhorse, a slightly better version of Dirk Kuyt you could say.
Slightly?

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Agreed, time for him to hang up his boots.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Agree with what that tosser said about United turning him into a workhorse.

His ideal position is off a target striker in a 4-4-2 but United don't play that way. He will pop up with big goals throughout the season though because he has too much ability not to, but United don't do him any favours.

I liked it when Tevez was dumbfounded at being booked for lunging wildly at a defender, him and Rooney do ten of those a game at Old Trafford without punishment.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
yeah he is definitely shit, last season he took over 130 shots and only managing 12 goals or something while eto'o took 90 shots scored 16, check it out on espnsoccernet.com
man that makes Rooney's shooting crap

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
This is actualy making sense. For me, he is the same as Kuyt, the only difference is, that he is hyped because he is english.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Rooney's pube is better than Dir Kuyt.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Good thread but come on, slightly better version of Kuyt? No, Rooney is way better in every department.

That being said, Rooney certainly hasn't lived up to the hype and his development seems to be going in the wrong way. He's gone from an English kid who played the game like a South American to an English man who play the game like an Englishman. I read somewhere that he always asks the senior players in Man United where to run and what to do in certain situations and weird as it may sound I think it has slowed down his development rather than speeding it up. When he was young it looked like he basicly just felt the game and adapted. He was taking shots from everywhere and didn' think twice if he should of passed it instead, nowadays you see him hesitating before he shoots.

But mostly I think the media just put a ridiculous amount of hype around him at a very young age when he had proved little, and they expected him to score loads of goals even though he wasn't a box striker. I mean the "white pele"? How is he gonna live up to that?

I think for Rooney to become a great player it would be easier for him to develop if he moved to Italy or Spain, no offence to any Englishmen but England ain't exactly know for developing technical skillfull players. But no I don't think he's past his prime and I believe he will be better than ever, but it's gonna take a lot of time and a change of environment.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Kuyt is the worst Hills Have Eyes extra to ever attempt playing football.

Comparing him to Rooney is a joke. Rooney is one of the top players in the world.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If Berbatov goes to United and they play a 4-4-2 with Rooney behind him then it could be one of the great Premiership strike partnerships. I think they could be the perfect compliment to each other.

However SAF naturally likes to allow Ronaldo a lot of freedom which means it may turn into 4-3-3 with CR and WR on either side of the Bulgarian, which would do Wayne no favours. He's still an outrageous talent but is in danger of not having the career that he was once capable of because Ferguson is too content to play him anywhere but his natural and best position.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Probably just going through a tough time, but hes always been over-rated. Tevez has always been better than him, and I said this last year only for people to go off their trolley :D

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
He's defenetly not a lone striker like he was played last night.. he looked better 2nd half when tevez was near him..

But he just isn't a striker, no doubt about that..

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Rooney needs freedom, he did a lot better last night when he started to take things into his own hands and didn't just stay up top as ordered to.

And this is a Rooney not fully fit either, his pre season was disrupted by a virus and he had to be rushed back due to United's injuries and suspensions. Doesn't seem like he'll get a break now either with a England double header coming up.

In the long run he'll be fine though, he remains a big part of European Cup and Premier League double winning team. :)

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
Good thread.

a faster emile heskey

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Never believed in his abilities

one of the overhyped English players

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.