Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that has been bothering for a while.
Is RONALDO going to play next season or not ?
I have read from some of your posts that he might not play
for a whole season so is it true ?

Ps. PLEASE say NOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I thought every one said that he will be returning
in January 2001. so what happened?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The new Inter Club Doctor said if u want to see the best of Ronaldo it will be in 2001/02 which is the season after this is a good move i know we want to see Ronaldo as quickly as possible but we want to the man at his best not at 80% at 100% this is Right Ronaldo shouldn't of came back last season with 6 games to go if he rested he would of been ready for this coming season BUT NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
oh boy....INTER 1+8 :):):)

Where did you hear this?

Hope we aren't fibbing here...hahahaha......

As far as i know R9 is still scheduled to return in January but only an idiot......i.e.MASSIMO MORATTI would actually allow him to come back onto the field in January.

I mean.......right now the man can't even bend his knee past a 60 degree angle and you really think in 6 months he can whistand the rigours of serie A?

Get real. he needs an entire season off and Moratti and Lippi must know that by now.

But AS FAR AS I KNOW nothing has been officially said unless INTER 1+8 has some light to shed on this situation :):):)

I

·
0 Posts
Ive posted this before but for those who didnt read it. Its from soccerage.

07/14/2000. Inter Milan doctor Julio Velasco has confirmed that Italy center-forward Christian Vieri will be ready to play again when the Serie A season begins in October, but Brazilian striker Ronaldo won’t be able to play competitive football for at least another year.

Vieri suffered a muscle injury in his right leg at the end of May, and it prevented him from participating in Euro 2000. But according to Velasco, the bustling attacker is fully healed and will now use the eight weeks remaining until the Serie A season starts for strengthening the leg and improving circulation in the injured area.

Vieri will likely miss Inter’s preliminary round Champions League matches, but he should be ready for their season opener.

Ronaldo reinjured his tendon in April after coming on as a sub in an Italian Cup match against Lazio, and Velasco is recommending a steady diet of “prudence and patience.”

“This season will be one of recuperation,” said the doctor. “The player and the fans should realize that only in the following season will we have the opportunity to see the true Ronaldo once again.”

So it looks like they are not going to rush him back.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
i see.......great news now we have to convince R9 to sign a new contract as his expires in 2002/3

N

·
0 Posts
No, Ronaldo's contract ends in 2006.

Ronaldo signed for Inter originally with a contract until 2003 but had the option to extend it until 2006 at anytime by getting something like 40% more than the highest salary. When Vieri came at last summer and was offered a lucrative contract, Ronaldo extended it to 2006.

N

·
0 Posts
If anyone doesn't believe me then go to Inter Milan's official website and click on "team" then on "squad" then go to Ronaldo's page and scroll to the bottom and it says:

"Contract term June 30th 2006"

Which relieves my mind, at least I know he'll stay with us when he recovers and returns to the "Fenomeno" he was in the first season he'll be in Inter's colours.

R9

FORZA RONALDO
FORZA INTERNAZIONALE

·
Registered
172 Posts
RONALDO's CAREER IS OVER PEOPLE. Another Van Basten.
He was good..I give him 5 % that he will return..and be that great..not in Italy...
He should never leave BARCA.

N

·
0 Posts
I just can't wait till Ronaldo comes back and proves all the people that doubted him wrong! And I also hate it when people say that Davids is the most skillful player in the world because he had 100 goes to do a neat move with a ball. If he is that skillful then why doesn't he do it on the pitch?? Ronaldo shows his skill on the pitch unlike EDGAR!

Im not sayin' he's not skillful, I would actually love to see Davids playing for Inter but he's getting a bit over-rated now!

T

·
0 Posts
Nazario...What mover are you talking about Edgar davids??? the one in the NIke commercial???

There is no one as creative are ronaldo!!

N

·
0 Posts
yeah the one in the Nike ads??? He thinks he's so good playing with a skull?? and phoning at the same time WOW! Thats really hard Edgar??? He even loses control at the end of the Ad and it gets cut straight to the nike tick at the end.

RONALDO IS BETTER THAN DAVIDS AT SKILLS ON HIS CRUTCHES JUST IMAGINE IF HE WAS USING BOTH FEET!!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yugo-Kings: You are forgetting a VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL: Van Basten was 30 when he retired because of an injury... Ronaldo is ONLY 23 and still has plenty of time to recover, plus he has years ahead of him to make a comeback. If Ronaldo was 30 now, I would definetely agree that his career was over, but he's career is not over YET at 23... he can still recover from his injury.

[Edited by Cyborg on 18-07-2000 at 03:47]

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Do any of you guys play any sports whatsoever? have you ever been injured seriously, or even had a not so serious injury? Well I have, and so have many others, anyways, after and injury you're just not the same. Ronaldo will never be as good as he once was. Sad but true, but that's reality. An injury of that magnitude takes its told on you psychologicaly. Specially after coming back and re-injuring himself. As much as I hate to say it, Ronaldo will never be the same. :(

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
There are a lot of jackasses in here all of a sudden. And they all seem to think they can predict the future.

Here's what we know about Ronaldo: He's not playing right now, and he won't be able to play before January. That's all we know.

We do not know if Ronaldo ever will return to the football field for Inter or anyone else. If he returns, we don't know how good he will be; we don't know if he will be better or worse. We don't know if he's going to come back and break all Serie A scoring records the way I want him to.

I wish all you twits would stop saying: 1. Psychologically he can't recover; 2. He will not be as good as he was before; 3. His career is over.

You morons have been calling the shots for Ronaldo since he ruptured the patella at Lazio. Let me ask you this: What kind of track record do you guys have when it comes to predicting the future? Pretty shoddy, I might imagine.

T

·
0 Posts
Nazario....

I thought that It was a good commercial...Kinda like the Nike Brazil one in the Airport....

But, why all the anger towards Davids??? Did he say anything about the commercial?? Are people claiming that he is creative because of that commerical??

I mean, I love the way Davids plays but you cant compare ronaldo's skills to him...Ronaldo is the most fun to watch..

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Really Abdul what is up with the one line posts? :eek:

As for R9's contract hmmmmmmmmmm didn't know that.

And as for Edgar Davids he is over hyped like every player on the face of the earth. i am serious.

R9 is over hyped.....do you understand what over hyped means? R9 had so much hype around him that he conviced himself that he could score 14 goals at the W.C. and break Geoff Hursts record....HA!!!!! Not with three or four defenders on his every move.

that is over hyped.....

So is Davids so is Beckham because they all have massive sponsorship deals and they have to be hyped.

Whether or not Davids is a great player should not even be a question. he is.......fullstop......Is he greater than R9 ?.....we have already established the fact that R9 is the greatest footballer on the face of the earth.....its as simple as that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts