Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most Madrid fans say dont fit in possesion football team, is that true?
And they even in BrazilNT he strugled when they play possession football, and they back up that theory buy saying he was more sussessful in BrazilNT under Scolari wher the use defensive system. Is that really true.

But i disagree, its just the Middlefiel should br more quicker, u can make 10 passes in middlefield but those passes should not always go back and slow as Madrid do. To me he fit in every system exept the one of crosses with Beckham syle.

What do u think guys.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
you don´t have to be defensive to play the counter attack game, its simply stealing a ball and bulding a fast attack, instead of holding the ball around and waiting for an opening.

Either way I think he can fit well but would be better in a more direct approach, Ronaldo did very well in the first season for Madrid, he would simply drop to the left and wait for a through pass from Zidane for instance or move back to receive the ball and face the defense head on.

Real Madrid style can be pleasent when you have the players for it, but today seening Madrid suffer many goals because their defense wanted to get out passing the ball around is very frustrating to watch.

again I do think he fits better in a more direct style, not counter attacking only, a lot of times he has space to be released and that just does not happen.

·
Administrator
30,139 Posts
Ronaldo can play a ball possession team simple because when he is in good shape, he is very cleaver to find that momment when the defender misses him for a second. Ronaldo basically plays marked.
What can not exist is a ball possession system that have 1 - No players to recover the ball 2 - A very open defense 3 - A lonely striker (since this system is slow, you must have a close partnership to produce some plays.
In brazil, Ronaldo did not had a problem with ball possession system, The entire brazilian team have. Kaka likes to run with space. RG to run against defenders. Ze Roberto to run with the ball foward. Adriano to get the ball, clean and finish. Ronaldo to participate little. Robinho to run foward in the wing. There is not a single player which game is basead on calm, slow control of time, which is necessary for a ball possession game.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
JCamilo said:
There is not a single player which game is basead on calm, slow control of time, which is necessary for a ball possession game.
Well, there is Juninho Pernambucano, who sadly isn't in our first team.

·
Administrator
30,139 Posts
Or Alex, which is exactly this kind of player. Parreira strangely is against the player who can do what he wanted...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Jcamilo,

In case you din't know, Ricardinho will play a lot in the team.... and he has exactly those characteriscs that you mentioned :wallbang: Are you sure you know what team you talk about, when you talk about Brazil? MOst things you say about the time are completely way off.

Also, Ze Roberto is the player of the scheme that guarantees the ball possession and to the ball be moved around. :wallbang:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Ricardinho is shit, while Zé Roberto is a ball hogger, not exactly ball possetion in the sense of passing the ball around :D

·
Administrator
30,139 Posts
Ze,
The team is build arround the best players, not sidekicks. Ricardinho is not important.
And Ze Roberto ? He holds the ball and run with it, not constanly changing the ball from one player to another, not able to slow down, mostly he is good speeding the game.
And I do not need to be a genius to know that 1, 2 players do not make a team, but 11; but if you can not tell the difference between football and a beach volley such is life.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Dude

Ricardinho is in the 12th player whether you like it or not. I don't like him, but he is in the team and he will play his usual passing the ball around game. The team is of Parreira, not what you ahve in your mind.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
nkosinipho said:
Most Madrid fans say dont fit in possesion football team, is that true?
And they even in BrazilNT he strugled when they play possession football, and they back up that theory buy saying he was more sussessful in BrazilNT under Scolari wher the use defensive system. Is that really true.

But i disagree, its just the Middlefiel should br more quicker, u can make 10 passes in middlefield but those passes should not always go back and slow as Madrid do. To me he fit in every system exept the one of crosses with Beckham syle.

What do u think guys.
The current Ronaldo: yes. The pre-injury Ronaldo: no way.

·
Administrator
30,139 Posts
Dude, the 12th player is a bench player, he does not make any difference and won't be...he will be holding the ball alone and everytime he entered we suffered exactly because one house alone does not make a city.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts