Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is rivaldo leaving barcelona.....ive heard of many transfers including him......r they true?i think it would be bad if he left barca he is a great freekick taker and a very good shooter

go luck to barca next year

go turkiye
gobesiktas

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Eren3 said:
is rivaldo leaving barcelona.....ive heard of many transfers including him......r they true?i think it would be bad if he left barca he is a great freekick taker and a very good shooter

go luck to barca next year

go turkiye
gobesiktas
yes his name has been in too many lists for to leave barcelona, but after the good world cup that he has done barça doesn't has very clear about him and now the position of the club is not sell him

·
Registered
879 Posts
rivaldo keeps talking about 'finishing his contract'. that worries me because it sounds like it means he doesn't want to play for barcelona after this year. He would then be able to go anywhere he wanted. I get the feeling he would like to get some big $$$ from a club like Chelsea (where I bet he would rack up 25 goals easily given the english style of play).

Another thing is, that if we do make a big signing this year, Riquelme, Mendieta, etc., we better make sure we keep Rivaldo happy, or we have the same problems as last year. He's still the best player in the world, but his ego bruises easily.

·
Registered
195 Posts
After the level he showed at the World Cup , it would be crazy if we let him go . Our managment must try to extend his contract . I believe he has much more to give .

FORZA BARCA FOREVER .

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Don't you think he's been too much of an egoistic superstar lately. Besides he won't sign another deal cause we're not able to pay him that much anymore so he'll leave without any fee. I say we sell him quick. He's really always just looking for fame and money i.e. he's a proffessional. No matter what he sais about his love to the club. It's like his religiousness. He's always said that his favourite book is The Bible and he's a very religious and peacefull man. Why the hell does he renegotiate his contract almost every season then??? Money & fame - and that's it. Surely he'll have no doubts about leaving Barca next season.

BTW Before the World Cup Rivo said that if Van Gaal wants him to play on the wing then it's ok. Now I've heard he said to Brazilian newspaper that he's very unhappy with VG and with the possibility of playing as a left winger. He just wants to fulfill his contract and say goodbye.

Even though he's a brilliant player I think his time's over in Barca. We could buy a good defender for the money we'd get selling him so we should do it now!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
if he stay it will be good for us..
and if he leave it will be good for us too ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
according to gaspart...NO!!!

Barça Insist Rivaldo Is Going Nowhere
News Archive

Call it silverware (Allsport)
07/07/2002. Barcelona President Joan Gaspart made no mysteries about Rivaldo's future at the club and ridiculed all the rumours about the player leaving in the coming weeks. "Rivaldo wants to stay here and finish his contract with us and any change in that situation would be because both parts changed their opinion" he told the press.

soccerage ;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Re: according to gaspart...NO!!!

Carson35 said:
Barça Insist Rivaldo Is Going Nowhere
News Archive

Call it silverware (Allsport)
07/07/2002. Barcelona President Joan Gaspart made no mysteries about Rivaldo's future at the club and ridiculed all the rumours about the player leaving in the coming weeks. "Rivaldo wants to stay here and finish his contract with us and any change in that situation would be because both parts changed their opinion" he told the press.

soccerage ;)
that's really good.... ;);) :happy:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Rivaldo i think it is better for the club to let him stay and end his contract. he has been the top player for the club for some time now and i still feel that there is something still left in him. he is not getting any younger these days but he has really done well in the WC .......

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
well i quite like the idea of rivo on the left....

even if he left who could we get to replace him?

tho i dont like the idea of him playing out his contract since it would mean he could leave without any trabfer fee to the club... at this tage i would perfer cannavaro on a long contract to rivo for one more season...

cheers

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wankski_au said:

tho i dont like the idea of him playing out his contract since it would mean he could leave without any trabfer fee to the club... at this tage i would perfer cannavaro on a long contract to rivo for one more season
I'd like to put it stronger. At the moment, i'd rather have cannavaro with a one year contract then Rivaldo for more then one season :D :D

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
For Barcelona it's better that he leaves. If Riquelme comùes you will need 2 balls to play your games.

·
Registered
879 Posts
i don't believe Rivaldo will leave barcelona for these reasons:

1) its a buyers market right now. prices are very low, and I suspect they will stay that way for atleast a couple of years. given his free next year.. we wont get more than 10mil pounds for him.. if we were to sell him, it should have happened after the valencia game to buy mendieta/lucio/toldo.

2) we need rivaldo. he can help us when no other players can. he can add a dynamic that no other player can.

3) rivaldo and gaspart have BOTH said he will stay

4) rivaldo wants to get the red carpet treatment and do lots of traveling and banquets like sol campbell did last year. It woudl be fun to see every team suck up to you and try to get you to sign. if he preforms well this year.. he could say he has 2 good years left.

I bet that if barcelona does play with kluivert, saviola, rivaldo, riquelme... we will win several pieces of silverware.

Finally, I don't believe rivaldo will ever take a spanish passport.. if he hasn't by now.. i don't think he will..

Loan out Geovanni to a mid sized club. he obviously has gobs of talent.. we just need to clutivate it.. and he sure isnt selfish something other south americans are always (unfairly) accused of.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Barca and Lazio revive Rivaldo's swap wih Mendieta

Rivaldo could be on his way to Rome after all after president Gaspart's latest declarations hint the Pentacampeao is on his way out of Catalonia. The Barcelona boss is reportedly interested to offload the player to make way for his latest capture, former Boca star Juan Roman Riquelme. A swap deal with Lazio taking Gaizka Mendieta back to Spain and Rivaldo to Italy looks more probable than it was before.

Soccerage

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thimk that this swap may be the best option for us. Rivo lost his motivation to play for us, and wants to much money. Mendieta already shows how he can play in Spain with Valencia, and after lost season in Italy he is dreamin about rebuild the opinion he has before. He is also younger, his fee wil be smaler, and finaly this move will solve our Non Eu players problem.

Mendieta can play alongside witch Xavi in DM. On the fron we can have then Overmars, Saviola, Riqueleme, and as striker Kluivert.

This can be realy good sqyuad imho.

Go for this Swap. Of course Italians pay this 12 mln$ to Valencia.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Rivaldo Refuses To Discuss Future Until June 2003
News Archive

Rivaldo will be 'free' in a year (Allsport)
07/10/2002. Brazilian superstar Rivaldo has told Barcelona that he refuses to discuss his future until his present contract expires in June 2003.

Rivaldo told Marca: "Nobody from Barcelona has spoken to me or any of my associates. I have one more season on my contract and, when it finishes, I will be free.

"I will only negotiate an extension when my present contract finishes and, therefore, I am going to fulfil.

"Until the June 30 2003 I will not speak of my contract," he added.

soccerage ;)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Then Gaspart will. It is said that there are clauses in Rivo's contract mentioning 30 or so clubs Rivo can be transferred to without his permission. The only "problem" is that the other club has to pay at least the same wages... That shouldn't be a problem...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Im very happy to hear about this clause. After the previous post in this thread i was sure he was going to screw us over. Being forced to sell rivo including high salary will not be good for his transfer fee though. The further we get to the end of his contract, the less money we can ask for him. Look at the fee for Riquelme. But I guess we could at least get something for him than.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts