·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uppdate me my argentinian friends!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It sounds that Roman is going to be a Barca player soon, Dunno why the delay in announcing that, but I assure you that Roman is going to Europe this year.

Roma entered the race for him.

That will make things hard I guess for Barca.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
From Diariosport, looks like he is a Barcelona player. Can't wait to see him wearing Blaugrana jersey. All Argentinians, support Barça okay, we've got Saviola and Riquelme!!!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
as far as i know...the answer is not yet...but i m sure he'll be a barca player soon...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Boca and Barca are working out Riquelme's final legal details. He should be a Barca player by Tuesday or Wednesday. I understand that Barca want to officially present him at a press conference on Tuesday. Let's wait and see...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Assassin said:
Roma entered the race for him.
Impossible.

Capello said once (and i still recall it) he thinks Riquelme is too slow to play in Europe (slow in his play, not actual pace, kind of like Denilson when he first joined Betis). I assure you Roma aren't in the hunt for him.

I think he is 99% going to Barca, i am curious how they will play next year, as we know Rivaldo likes to control the play but with Riqu, he will be moved to left forward/left wing and the play will be channeled through the argentine. Whether Rivo will accept that or not remains to be seen.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i read it somewhere that Rivaldo had agreed to play on the
left :confused: may not be true
icant see him bieng too happy about it

·
Registered
605 Posts
The latest from CNNSI:

BARCELONA, Spain (Reuters) -- Barcelona is on the brink of signing Boca Juniors midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme, Spanish papers reported on Monday.

The papers reported that the Catalan club would pay 13 million euros ($12.81 million) for the highly rated 24-year-old Argentine who would then sign a five-year deal with his new side and be presented on Tuesday.

Barcelona president Joan Gaspart said in an interview that he was interested in the playmaker but urged caution.

"He is an excellent player, and we have been following him for some time," Gaspart was quoted as saying by Barcelona-based sports daily Mundo Deportivo on Monday.

But he added: "We don't want to talk too much about players that we want until they actually sign for the club."

Riquelme, who missed out on selection for Argentina's World Cup squad, has been the subject of a protracted on-off transfer saga with Barcelona that has lasted the best part of the past two years.

Seen as the long-term replacement for Rivaldo, he was on the brink of joining the Catalan club last year, but Barcelona's interest appeared to cool as the season wore on.

But after a proposed move to Atletico Madrid fell through last week, Barcelona's interest in the player was rekindled and officials from the two clubs met at the weekend.

"All we have to do is to put on paper what we have already agreed verbally," Boca vice president Pedro Pompillo told Mundo Deportivo. "There shouldn't be any problems now."

I'm happy for him even though he's going to Barca of all the places.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Seemingly the deal is now done and Barca will present Riquelme sometime thsi week..maybe as early as tomorrow. Riquelme, Saviola, Rivaldo, Kluivert...they sgould be able to weave through any defence..:)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Seemingly the deal is now done and Barca will present Riquelme sometime this week..maybe as early as tomorrow. Riquelme, Saviola, Rivaldo, Kluivert...they should be able to weave through any defence..:)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
You are right Numerodix, Roman deserves thebest, he is a player who will explain why football is a world wide game.

To me, Roman will be better than Maradona.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
We will miss his great passes at Boca:( but I am sure that the La Liga going to be uniqe this season:)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Assassin said:
You are right Numerodix, Roman deserves thebest, he is a player who will explain why football is a world wide game.

To me, Roman will be better than Maradona.
WOWW

assasin, IMHO JRR wont even be close to maradona. but thats not a bad thing since there have never been a player like him in this game´s history.

nevermind, you know i respect your opinion, and honestly i hope you are right, that way he will win a wc for argentina almost by himself.

here in arg, they are saying that barsa will anounce the transfer tomorrow. so lets wait and see.

in case it is true, GOOO BARSA!!!!!

i would make this team:

-----------saviola-------kluivert

-rivaldo-------------------------------LE21
------------------riquelme

----------cocu-------------*** (xavi)

----RDB-------andersson----puyol

------------------bonano

***i would place a more defensive player than xavi, but it doesnt exist in the current barsa squad. (may be gabri, but he:rolleyes: )

this team is extremly offensive. thats why barsa also needs another classy defender. that would make their defensive system much stronger.

but, who wouldnt like to see this team.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well, lets say that he will be a Maradona in a different way :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
13m euros??? :eek: that's cheap!!!...i think he's worth more than that...

·
3,015 Posts
Batigold, actually Barça have more defensive player than Xavi. His name is Fabio Rochemback, and he plays not like other Brazilians in Barça (Rivo and Geovanni) with pretty much great skills but poor defending ability. Rochemback IMO is the 2nd best tackler in Barça squad after Carles Puyol. Only one problem about your formation, Overmars won't like being a substitute ;)

·
3,015 Posts
To Carson35, ofcourse Riquelme is worth more than 13 million euros. The problem is, Riquelme has said he won't play in Argentina again. That's why Boca cut off his price tag too sell him quickly. That's why Barcelona quickly used this opportunity to buy him( a year ago, Barça nearly bought him for 26 million euro :eek: )

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
The only bad thing on this deal is that Barca bought him by a cheap price, I cant believe that Barca paid 18$ millions for Rochemback and only 13 euros for Roman.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts