Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Sociedad are not one of Spain's best sides currently, but they aren't relegation material either. To my knowledge, they are a club that usually ends up in midtable. I know that they are a side located in the Basque region (el pais Vasco) where there's strong local sentiments and a somewhat recently subdued anti-Castille stance. I know that aside from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, Real Sociedad were the last club aside from the big three in Spain to win a championship (way back in 1984). I wish Arif and Tayfun luck in Real Sociedad and hope they carry the Turkish flag with dignity (except against Barcelona). John Toshack, the man who coached Besiktas recently, was once the manager for Real Sociedad too.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Good players!

Real Sociedad is a good side! They might come to top 10 easy if they get their game together!

Javier Clemente is a world-class coach that knows what he is doing. When he came to the club it was tough in the beginning but eventually he go them safe from relegation. I noticed that he lets young player get a chance and i like that. So I would rank Sociedad as one of the better clubs in spain-.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I beg to differ:D I think they are an average team with no real chances for anything higher than the Inter Toto:D Their buys really suck and are IMO simply a wate of money.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I think they are exiting buys! But i mentioned earlier that Clemente lets talents gget their chance....Hmmm i wonder why he didnt sign any nice SPANISH talent......Turks are after watching Euro2000 mostly about Hakan Sukur and Inter bought him.....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Opinion

Don't judge the player talents by looking at National team during euro2000. The head coach was a chicken. He himself didn't understand the strenght of the team. Plus all he wanted was to get to the quarter finals so it would look good at his resume! He did not play to win but to luck instead. Arif Erdem and Tayfun Korkut are very good players. They did not have the chance to show their ability in euro2000. I am sure they will be very valuable additions to real sociedad. After all Arif is coming from a 1st squat of a UEFA champion. And Tayfun is a player Galatasaray always wanted. You may ask "If they are that good why are they transfered to a avarage team in Spain" This question has 2 answers.
1- Untill recently Turkey only imported players. Everybody wants to see Turkish players to be successfull in Europe.

2- Playing in Europe means you get more publicity. Arif has more than 100 goals under his belt and hardy anybody knows him. I figured he moved to sociedad to build a reputation in European arena.

I would like to know how they are doing in sociedad. Is there any good Spanish football sites " english language"

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Its really rare to find a good site with La Liga but if you want stats and teams plus every rumor around try soccer-spain. The site is a bit thin but what they specialize in is very good!

http://www.soccer-spain.com/

Does anyone have a better site in ENGLISH!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
There is no better place:( Real Sociedads trabsfers have been Ok, but I don't like the fact they're bringing in the whole of Eastern Europe to their team:mad:

Khokhlov
Jankauskas
and now these two Turks

this sux

·
Registered
426 Posts
Absolutely agree with cronos

The turkish national team matches are not so well, to be honest we were sucked and the reason were our coach as cronos mentioned; too coward, no any strategy and just for quarter finals with luck. As u know if a team tactic is bad the players looks like so bad and the problem about our team was that. Just imagine what would happen if turkish national team attackers be ronaldo and T. Henry... I'm sure nothing changes maybe 1 goal more in belgium match or 2. We looked to score by long balls with head and u imagine which team can be champion or do its best with long ballas without any press and attack strategies.

Btw Arif is a little bit interesting guy, he scores really difficult goals that u cant believe and makes many penalties with his speed, but he misses really easy goals and u swear really well :D:D:D

Tayfun is really good player who plays 90 minutes without loosing any power. I guess he will be in first 11 directly in the team. Briefly he will a hard worker with his power in sociedad

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Short about Sociedad:

If the new signings will work they will do OK. But if they wont the club will go down hard...Thats my short analysis!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts