• No

Votes: 19 19.0%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
bailemos said:
OK, 17 naughty biased people against Madrid voting Yes and two reasonable people for No, alright. Bad poll.
No. It´s not that. Simply many people (like me) won´t vote in this poll cause we feel there is nothing to defend. :eek:
The mere act of voting "No", would imply that you see any truth in the statement that Real is helped by the refs.

The poll has no point. From the begining this has been a place for people to let their bitterness out, not to prove anything. :devil:

·
Registered
56,083 Posts
by the way according for what i have seen in this match, if it's this way referees help real madrid, i think that other teams don't have to be worried.:)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
MILLS said:
No. It´s not that. Simply many people (like me) won´t vote in this poll cause we feel there is nothing to defend. :eek:
The mere act of voting "No", would imply that you see any truth in the statement that Real is helped by the refs.

The poll has no point. From the begining this has been a place for people to let their bitterness out, not to prove anything. :devil:
Good for you! :D I mean it would suck to watch them play this season and notice how most border line calls go in favour of them.

I guess it's normal. No fan wants to admit that his team is often helped out by the referees (not intentionally of course). Marca and AS are fan newspapers and even they have admitted (one by one naturally) mistakes that V.Lestat is trying to deny. Good quote by Osasuna player Rivero: 'If Madrid asks it, Zidane will have his suspension in 2008'. The whole league besides Madrid are bitter people?

Obviously you didn't mean me mentioning it's a place for people to let their bitterness out because I'm genuinely worried about the quality of Spanish football.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Left alone if Real is helped by the refs and left alone whether the decisions in the Sevillia game were correct or not, Valdano's acts was stunning and completely unacceptable. Personally I feel that the only correct sanction would be a huge fine for him and Madrid being declared as the loser of the match.

This because his actions bring a stain to the entire competition. Only a diehard Real-fan does not have a moment of doubt when a ref afterwards makes the decisions that this guy made in the second half. I don't mean that both things are related but the fact that it could be, that people correctely start to doubt is something that kills the sport in general.

Furthermore the arrogance that Valdano showed, is not the behaviour of a morron as let's say Atletico's Jil y Jil. Valdano is an intelligent guy. Someone who knows what he's doing, someone who knows that he doesn't risk that much by doing the the things he did. He just knows that he can do that because he's a big man at Real Madrid (but I could indeed see the technical irector of Barcelona do the same in that logic). Everybody here knows that the guy with the same function of let's say Murcia wouldn't even think of it and if he would and make the mistake he and Murcia would be punished severely. Therefore the only decision if favour of football is the elimination of Madrid out of the cup.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
gOD said:
Left alone if Real is helped by the refs and left alone whether the decisions in the Sevillia game were correct or not, Valdano's acts was stunning and completely unacceptable. Personally I feel that the only correct sanction would be a huge fine for him and Madrid being declared as the loser of the match.
First of all, Valdano wasn't the first club official to enter the referee's rooms and talk to them- others do that too, so what's all the fuss about?

Second. A referee should be able to turn down any suggestions and tries to influence a match or he better finds himself another job. ;)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Indeed you have idiots everywhere, but Valdano isn't one of them. He's someone who knows what he's doing.

That's just not true. In every match you have situations that can be discussed. The ref is the one who has to make the decision and by that will always have people saying that he was wrong. By Valdano's behaviour you give those people a very valid argument when they say the ref was influenced, bribed treatened.

Again I'm not saying what Valdano did, did influence the outcome. I say that he made the outcome of the game very discussable. If you act like that and givetheimpression that by treatening big clubs can get what they want, you kill the sport.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
gOD said:
Valdano's acts was stunning and completely unacceptable. Personally I feel that the only correct sanction would be a huge fine for him and Madrid being declared as the loser of the match.
Spanish Football Federation's competition committee fined him with 2000 Euros :tongue:

BTW, two things I've heard about the situation in Spain is
1) It is one of the most corrupt country in the EU and...
2) About 50% of the football supporters in the country are Real Madrid fans ;)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
bailemos said:
Spanish Football Federation's competition committee fined him with 2000 Euros :tongue:

BTW, two things I've heard about the situation in Spain is
1) It is one of the most corrupt country in the EU and...
2) About 50% of the football supporters in the country are Real Madrid fans ;)
First one is true, second one is ridiculous. They're as hated as they are loved, but there is Man U sydrome going on now, being the "glamour" team means they have the fairweather hanger on fans following them.

And surely, after yet another display of Francoist refereeing tonight, this topic can no longer be a debate?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Yes they sure are.

Just watched the Real-Valencia game and what a ridiculous 'officiating'. That penalty was one of the worst, funniest decisions I've ever seen in football, in all honesty. It is too much to be considered a coincide that when Real Madrid are on the verge of losing at home to one of their opponents to the La Liga title, suddenly the referee decides to give a non-existant penalty out of nowhere to save their ass.

Not saying Real are corrupt or anything, but seriously, anyone who thinks tonight's penalty was just a 'bad decision' are lying themselves.

Sad that the championship might be decided in such a way.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Shameless cheating bastards:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

That was the most pathetic performance of a team i've ever seen and the most ridiculous penalty call on the history of the game

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
There was definetely contact as Marchena did hold Raul, yes it was dubious but it was 50-50 IMO.

Valencia is the last team to talk about dubious penalties and calls, anyone remember the games against Albacete and Valladollid? Of course not :eek:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I rest my case. Tonight we got the proof that Real Madrid and Spain are the two most corrupt things in the world today. I haven't seen such robbery since Rivaldo's dissmissed third goal at the Bernabeu. Real Madrid's records in Spain should be erased and a big investigations should start to kick these cheaters out of the world of football!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Only a Real fan could say there was a penalty there :)

There was contact but no foul = no penalty, this is normal stuff you know, defenders' job is to contain forwards, this is football not ballet. Penalty should be given only if the player can't reach the ball after being fouled, this wasn't the case today.

Again this is all very sad, gives a very bad name to everyone involved, maybe Spain should consider using neutral referees from other countries. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Raanan said:
Again this is all very sad, gives a very bad name to everyone involved, maybe Spain should consider using neutral referees from other countries. :rolleyes:
A nice idea. But if won't work since they will proberly be able to bribe them aswell.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
First of all I'd like to mention that Tristane Oliva had a good match, he made very good decisions. He wouldn't have given the penalty if the linesman hadn't said so.

Un penalti injusto evita el triunfo del Valencia (Marca)
An unfair penalty avoids Valencia's win

Un penalti inexistente de Marchena a Raúl señalado por Tristante Oliva en el tiempo de prolongación cerró una de las semana más polémicas que se recuerdan y abre quizá otra peor. (AS)

Sorry Hala Madrid and mali but you are arguing with the Real Madrid media.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
You know it's a bad call when a paper like Diario AS says it's a nonexistant penalty.

I find it funny that Madrid fans try to justify it.

41 - 60 of 235 Posts