Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed there Ranieri has faith in young English players.

Wayne Bridge
Glen Johnson
John Terry - become one of best England defenders under Ranieri
Scot Parker
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard - improved massively because of Ranieri

Damien Duff (Irish)

Do you think he's looked at how United became dominant and benefited from having Irish/British players as the backbone of their team like Keane, Irwin, Ince, Beckham, Scholes, Neville brothers, Giggs, Butt etc and tried to emulate it?

Liverpool haven't done anything despite Houllier spending over 100 million on foreigners (There two most important players came from their youth system Owen-Gerrard). Arsenal have been decent but compared to United haven't won half, a quarter as many trophies, they have a backbone of French players.

Have Chelsea improved by actually playing British/Irish players in their team? that 11 foreigners?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I dont know if he is copying exactly, but in an interview earlier in the year he said he wants to have English players in important positions at an English club, and would do the same by having French players if he was coaching a French team...or Arsenal I guess. :pp

And just look at WHO our best players have been.
Lampard and Terry. :star:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
He's not copying Fergie, you would have known since he's been here (3 years) he says he wants English players, he likes English players. That's why he bought Lampard in the first season. He said that the core of the team has to come from the country you play in, so obviously.. he buys young English players :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts