Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Israel is a confident nation. All I want to to know, is, Israel have made some great talents and players, and some very strong teams. But the fact that they are playing in europe makes them go out when the things are so close. Maybe there is the polictical problem. But, really, if they wanted to nothing couldve stopped them. Maybe youre situated near Europe, but I think this is stopping Israel from amking the world cup and showing the big stuff on the world stage.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Good topic, i am really tired now so sorry if i don't make any sense.
Well, you've got some point, one can't deny it, but the question remains, would Israel be as good as they are now (which is "OK" for a small country like Israel) if they still played in Asia or Oceania? i mean, playing and beating the likes of Thailand and Togo doesn't really count, and with no good preparation prior to the WC by playing good qualifiers,the WC experience might
be traumatic. I can assure you that Israel wouldn't have been what we are now if we still played in Asia. There is still a long way to go and we are not mentality ready for europe, but we are doing OK and improving every year. so it's either beating Singapore and China and getting a serious butt kick in the World Cup, or playing in europe, beating Chelsea, tying Spain and patiently wait for a future success. i think i prefer the 2nd option.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes this has been discussed a lot....

personally I agree with Raanan. You can never improve as a team by playing against Figi, Guam and Samoa. Australia were our only rivals when we played in Oceania. Notice that playing there has not helped them. They have not made it to the World Cup either. This year they were eliminated again by Uruguay. Australias only progress is due to the fact that they have many players playing club football in Europe. As for Israel, it is too far for us to travel to play teams in Oceania. We already went through that and it was a disaster. As frustrating as it may be, the only way to improve is to keep competing against the best in Europe. In addition being in UEFA allows our club teams to play against top European teams. This has improved our plyers quite a bit (notice Hapoel Tel Aviv this year and Maccabi Haifa a few years back against PSG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts