Xtratime Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a player! He is just 18 years old and plays in a game against a tough opponent like Italy, in an Euro semifinal, as if he was a veteran.

·
Registered
Valencia CF
188 Posts
He's special, even Xavi and Iniesta weren't senior players at 18.

Surely he'll be the undisputed best CM of this generation.

·
Administrator
53,522 Posts
Yeah he is young and new but still already so excellent you take his presence for granted, I seen several Barca games regurarly last season not for Messi, but for this kid. And its kinda ridicolous how effortless his quality is. Keeps it simply, and rarely ever loses the ball, allways the right decision (this is his most special quality), opens things up at any given turn. I saw him vs Juventus as a 17 year old, and he was hardest guy on the pitch to take the ball from. Was true wtf experience. HAD to watch more of him after this game:

Super obvious star, not the highlights and headlines grabbing type, but bonafide star on quality alone.

If you missed his season, this clip is a pretty good one:

·
Registered
194 Posts
He is great, but to reach the upper upper echelon he needs to be more determinant in the final third.
Yet, even if he stays this way, he already is a truly great player and he is doing sthg. that is not that typical of Spaniards mainly and Europeans in general: being already quite established at 18 and even before.

BTW as a side note: Busquets is amazing, older and slower and whatever, but a more or less Pedri type of player, not in style, but on the "keep things going smooth and calm" type.

Olmo is a very promising player too that operated in a very confident way in the final third and that is not an easy task being almost a debutant in the NT. Great future ahead of him is he stays this way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Chiesa, Pedri, Olmo and Diaz are young players that will have to take advantage of the experience and exposure they've got in these tournaments.

On a lot more boring role, but a HUGE need for us, I'm sad that Cuti Romero got injured because he is as promising as hell and he was consolidating really fast in the NT. I want to see Senesi and Lisandro Martinez too with him, the three have a lot of real potential, but I fail to witness lately any real CRACK emerging in offensive roles from down here and is kind of worrying...we'll see.

·
oic
2,390 Posts
At 17 Pelé scored 1 goal decisive in the quarters of world cup.

3 in semi.final

2 in final.

Its a Record never repeated even for old Man like Maradona or Ronaldo or Cruyff. Or Messi.

·
Registered
47,454 Posts
Chiesa, Pedri, Olmo and Diaz are young players that will have to take advantage of the experience and exposure they've got in these tournaments.

On a lot more boring role, but a HUGE need for us, I'm sad that Cuti Romero got injured because he is as promising as hell and he was consolidating really fast in the NT. I want to see Senesi and Lisandro Martinez too with him, the three have a lot of real potential, but I fail to witness lately any real CRACK emerging in offensive roles from down here and is kind of worrying...we'll see.
I don't think I've seen you talking much about De Paul. Can he be a CRACK?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't think I've seen you talking much about De Paul. Can he be a CRACK?
Usually what I consider a CRACK down here, appear at a very early age, late bloomers if they triumph, they end being great or even excellent players, but not CRAKCs (for me). He might have a chance to increase his level and make a name for himself with Aleti because a priori he fits like a glove for the style of the team and el Cholo. That might certainly help him. But in a silly way, natural CRACKs in Argentina are born, not created. Anyway he now has the chance and the exposure to become a bigger name in football.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts