Xtratime Community banner

Yes or no

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the season unfolds to the very last lap, after our defeat vs Siena we are now trailing by 3 points. Whilst Juve, despite being the team that fouls by far the most in Serie A has incredibly only 4 cautioned players (Appiah, Ibrahimovic, Zebina, Olivera), Milan, despite being the team that fouls the least has 7 (Kaladze, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Seedorf). Given the fact that we also will have the heavy burden of playing a tough CL semifinal Leg 1 being played in-between Milan vs Parma and a very difficult away game in Firenze whilst Leg 2 will be played just after Fiorentina vs Milan and what is considered to be the game-decider of the season: Milan vs Juve considering the fact that should we indeed be capable of reaching the CL Final in Istanbul (25th May, 3 days after a very difficult game vs Palermo ) we would then play our last Serie A game of the season in Udine

Guys, once again, unless a miracle occurs it's over
Obviously we should still play for winning, but personally I find it out of reach.
Realistically speaking, even "Mission Impossible" would pale infront of this achievement.

32^ Milan vs CHIEVO - Juve vs INTER

33^ Milan vs PARMA - Lazio vs Juve

34^ Fiorentina vs Milan - Juve vs BOLOGNA

35^ Milan vs Juve

36^ Lecce vs Milan - Juve vs PARMA

37^ Milan vs PALERMO - Livorno vs Juve

38^ Udinese vs Milan - Juve vs CAGLIARI

Forza Milan :cool:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It isn't over till the Fat Lady sings. :devil: I've put duct tape on her face so I don't see her singing for quite a while. :tongue: As a member of the brotherhood, I am doing my part. :stuckup: If you guys see any fat ladies with nice voices .... do the same. From now on every Milanista has to carry duct tape as an essential accessory! :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
No! :hopefull:

I know it will be difficult... but the gap is only 3 point and Milan and Juve have still to play each other. :cool: We must keep going!!

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Like I said before, I fear the matches vs the small ones more than I do fear the big matches.

Our rest programm looks tough, but I would be more worried if we were to face some other Sienas and Brescias. Those opponents look tough enough (even though Chievo and Parma are still fighting relegation) to get a focussed performance out of our boys.

3 pts are nothing, esp. with Juve having still to come to San Siro. I am just praying for a fair encounter this time, not like so many matches vs i gobbi in the past where we were robbed so badly.

Last seasons first match comes to my mind where a valid goal (I think it was JDT) was disallowed and a crystal clear ellbow check by Trez vs Simic that would have lead to a red card with every ref that were blessed by two working eyes wasnt punished.

Or this season encounter at delle Alpi. Juve could also loose some point in the remainig matches, even though despite the encounter at l'Olimpico and the upcoming match vs our cugini I dont see them dropping any points in favour for us.

Arbitr... eh, luck aint really favouring us this season, and since the rival this season aint la Roma but Juve, I am a bit uneasy, esp. considering the factor... luck :rollani:

But for sure it isn't over, a spareggio could be as probable as a few point lead by the end of the season of any other team. Juve is slightly in a better position right now, but the next week could already change a lot.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
This season has been a see-saw season. You just can't tell what will happen the following matchday. The results are turned on their head. It maybe a two-horse race but it is one heck of a fluctuating campaign. I hope we prevail in the end even if it is by the smallest of margins.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Psycho said:
Like I said before, I fear the matches vs the small ones more than I do fear the big matches.

Our rest programm looks tough, but I would be more worried if we were to face some other Sienas and Brescias. Those opponents look tough enough (even though Chievo and Parma are still fighting relegation) to get a focussed performance out of our boys.

3 pts are nothing, esp. with Juve having still to come to San Siro. I am just praying for a fair encounter this time, not like so many matches vs i gobbi in the past where we were robbed so badly.

Last seasons first match comes to my mind where a valid goal (I think it was JDT) was disallowed and a crystal clear ellbow check by Trez vs Simic that would have lead to a red card with every ref that were blessed by two working eyes wasnt punished.

Or this season encounter at delle Alpi. Juve could also loose some point in the remainig matches, even though despite the encounter at l'Olimpico and the upcoming match vs our cugini I dont see them dropping any points in favour for us.

Arbitr... eh, luck aint really favouring us this season, and since the rival this season aint la Roma but Juve, I am a bit uneasy, esp. considering the factor... luck :rollani:

But for sure it isn't over, a spareggio could be as probable as a few point lead by the end of the season of any other team. Juve is slightly in a better position right now, but the next week could already change a lot.
Agreed on the very unbalanced luck with refs in Juve's favour (IMO atleast 10 points), I believe that we have no more than a 20% chance of winning the title :groan: Obviously I would be more than delighted to be proved wrong, but even my beloved Uncle Lucifer is losing hope :mad:

·
Registered
601 Posts
what are you guys talking about hell its not over, and i think your program is easier than ouwer program.
and you guys play us at home.
and dont make me lauge about luck!
if you put all the bad luck and luck togheter we bouth have got, than we both share the same luck like bad luck.
so dont make any excuse plus its not over Yet.

Forza Juventus

·
Registered
601 Posts
and i also believe we can win in san siro without any reff help.
but if we win you guys will somehow find a excuse and its really get to my nerves.

look we deserfed to be kicket out in the champions leageu,because a team like Juventus can win 5-0againts Liverpool but we played just bad and i dont gowing to find a excuse even if Zlatan hit the post in england and delpiero's goal was clear onside,it doesent matter the better team won.

but i also truly believe that we deserf the top of serie a .
everybody is were they belong .

Under Juve ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gino said:
and i also believe we can win in san siro without any reff help.
but if we win you guys will somehow find a excuse and its really get to my nerves.

look we deserfed to be kicket out in the champions leageu,because a team like Juventus can win 5-0againts Liverpool but we played just bad and i dont gowing to find a excuse even if Zlatan hit the post in england and delpiero's goal was clear onside,it doesent matter the better team won.

but i also truly believe that we deserf the top of serie a .
everybody is were they belong .

Under Juve ;)
You know well enough that you've had a number of very favourable ref calls throughout the season. Not talking about bribed refs, but you should be 10 points under, battleing with Inter for 2nd and 3rd.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The way I look at it, and the reason I voted for option 1, not just out of hate, is b/c I think that Inter will probably beat Juventus this week. That leads to me naturally to yes, you are still in it. However, I think that will serve as a wake up call in the Serie A. In addition to the fact that this Wednesday could be a tie, I think that Juve will be looking for revenge agatinst Milan and I also see Milan strugglying more against small Italian teams than Juve. That is why I voted, not out of hate.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The title race is NOT over YET.

However,;)

IMO now we are in a potential risk of coming second in BOTH scudetto and CL...:(

Chelsea focuses only on CL(they have 10+ point cushion in Premiership), Juve focuses on series A. Milan are in two fronts and trailing Juve by three points, and we have a coach who NEVER use player rotation.

That means, our first 11 would have to play a match every 3 days, every match weigh like a final itself.
In contrast, Chelsea/Juve players would have much more rest physically and mentally in between matches.

i dream of a double, but now I fear for a trophyless season...

We have NOT YET lost the scudetto race at this moment, but call me pessimistic and negative, but I fear the worst scenario approaching...:(

Indeed IMO, there's an easy solution to prevent this, some PLAYER ROTATION would help. Most of our starters are tired mentally and physically, to start them a game every 3 days would kill them...

Actually players like Ambrosini, Billy, Kaladze, Pancaro, Serginho, Dhorasso, Tommasson, Rui Costa...should NOT be ignored by the coach. :groan:

FORZA MILAN:devil:
:star: #7 and #18 :star:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
realistically yes, you just have too much on your plates now, looking back in history the National League/ CL double can hardly be ever done and you have handed Juve the initiative now.

shame because you are a much better team than they are, but that's life.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's going to be easy,Of course given all the robbed points by Juventus doesn't make life easier for us.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Its far from over, after we verse Juve this round.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
If anyone these days is capable of winning the double, it is us. Dont start losing faith again like lots of people did early in the season. Juventus has a very tough run. We will produce the goods when we play them at the San Siro. We will also produce the goods in Europe, and teach Chelsea a mighty good lesson. We are very much on track for the double!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The Shev said:
If anyone these days is capable of winning the double, it is us. Dont start losing faith again like lots of people did early in the season. Juventus has a very tough run. We will produce the goods when we play them at the San Siro. We will also produce the goods in Europe, and teach Chelsea a mighty good lesson. We are very much on track for the double!

i didn't lose faith. I just point out that there's possibilty for us to win the double this season, but also there's an equal possibility for us to finish as 2nd in both fronts. It's an entirely objective analysis.

PSV, Chelsea and Liverpool has equal chance to win CL as us, I think it would be extremely GREAT acheivement for us to win the 6th, but any other results can occur, and it would not be an underachievement. After all, we are already semi-finalist. :stuckup:

And I have already suggested a possible solution to the fatigue and mental tiredness problem the team is facing, which is to employ a small scale of player rotation of the team.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A few stats:

Fouls:
Pos. Squadra Falli

1 Juventus 795 :eekani:

2 Messina 729

3 Bologna 728

4 Brescia 714

5 Palermo 698