Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the mistake in the Chievo game, I heard many people say that Milan and Juve are helped by the refs, but I ask you especially if you are not a milan fan: is milan really helped by refs and if yes please tell me when it happened this season.
This is not a juve bashing thread but for my part I don't see where the refs have helped us this year if I compare it to Juve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
i don't follow Seria A much but i'm sure of one thing:when it comes to help from referees no one can beat Juve. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,477 Posts
il_capitano said:
After the mistake in the Chievo game, I heard many people say that Milan and Juve are helped by the refs, but I ask you especially if you are not a milan fan: is milan really helped by refs and if yes please tell me when it happened this season.
This is not a juve bashing thread but for my part I don't see where the refs have helped us this year if I compare it to Juve.
I can remember that we where said to have been favoured in the Atalanta game, I have not seen footage so I can't say wether that is true. It was once claimed we where favoured in the first Livorno game, but that was refuted and it was more like we where favoured against. I seen it could be questioned wether Billy took the ball with his arm so we would have had a penalty against us in the Sampdoria game. from where I sat it looked like he had his arm to his body, but my angle was not the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Yes we're favoured by the ref's because we have been given so many penalties,In fact if we had been helped by the ref's as much as Juve we'd of won the title by now.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
All the big clubs are favoured more than a small club... but like Juve? Impossible. They're the Italians Real Madrid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
Big teams and home teams probably get more than their fair share of calls, but I can honestly say that Milan don't receive the sort of "help" from the referees that Juve do. Last season, Costacurta seemed to be exempt from yellow and possibly one red card. Shevchenko should have had a penalty called against him when he put up his hand in the wall. Lazio also had a goal wrongly disallowed, as Milan's official site admitted.

As for the Atalanta game, Nesta definitely tugged on Makinwa's shirt. (Those penalties aren't often given in Italy, though.) I didn't see the game either, but the Channel 4 match report said that the referee went over to the Atalanta bench and told the manager that he wasn't giving anything because Makinwa had committed a foul earlier on the play.

Milan are often accused of getting inordinate amounts of injury time. That's only because we tend to score at the last minute -- or the last second. :D Going back to the Atalanta game, Pirlo scored in the 94th minute. Four minutes doesn't sound excessive to me, not when there were five substitutions in the second half. And I refuse to blame our team because they keep attacking until the end!

In short, I'd have a difficult time supporting Milan if they were as crooked as Juve. The occasional referee mistakes I can take. Of course, I'm a bit more gracious about it when those mistakes are in our favor. ;) And, unlike the Rubentini, I would feel very bad about stealing points from a small team struggling against relegation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Ruffian said:
Big teams and home teams probably get more than their fair share of calls, but I can honestly say that Milan don't receive the sort of "help" from the referees that Juve do. Last season, Costacurta seemed to be exempt from yellow and possibly one red card. Shevchenko should have had a penalty called against him when he put up his hand in the wall. Lazio also had a goal wrongly disallowed, as Milan's official site admitted.

As for the Atalanta game, Nesta definitely tugged on Makinwa's shirt. (Those penalties aren't often given in Italy, though.) I didn't see the game either, but the Channel 4 match report said that the referee went over to the Atalanta bench and told the manager that he wasn't giving anything because Makinwa had committed a foul earlier on the play.

Milan are often accused of getting inordinate amounts of injury time. That's only because we tend to score at the last minute -- or the last second. :D Going back to the Atalanta game, Pirlo scored in the 94th minute. Four minutes doesn't sound excessive to me, not when there were five substitutions in the second half. And I refuse to blame our team because they keep attacking until the end!

In short, I'd have a difficult time supporting Milan if they were as crooked as Juve. The occasional referee mistakes I can take. Of course, I'm a bit more gracious about it when those mistakes are in our favor. ;) And, unlike the Rubentini, I would feel very bad about stealing points from a small team struggling against relegation.
This season, considering lucky and unlucky calls, we have lost a fair amount of points due to ref errors. Happens :stuckup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,028 Posts
And gained some, so in the end I believe we break even, though most teams are at a disadvantage I believe (at least once every time they play Juve :D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Once upon a time, when the "Juve and the Refs" love affair hit a fevered pitch (think the infamous Parma incident "confusione nell'area") I began to notice a clever ploy taking shape. For some reason Milan was included in the Juve "imbroglio" simply because they too were winning. Then came the ever so classy :rollani: comment from Mancini about only Samp. and Lazio being the REAL Scudetto winners of the last decade (and then some), etc.
Milan being pulled into Juve's 'bad light' was a clever way of having the boys at VIA TURATI have to do some P.R. 'leg work' along side Mr. Moggi.
Bottom line is that when you compare Juve's history of favortism, controvery and sheer questionable victories to Milan's 'supposed' favortism (extra time argument once again :rollani: ) as of recent it is Night and Day.
Just the sheer title of this thread "Is Milan like Juve" gives me goosebumps.

MEGLIO FROCE QUE JUVENTINO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,783 Posts
Koeman4 said:
All the big clubs are favoured more than a small club... but like Juve? Impossible. They're the Italians Real Madrid.
:wallbang: Let's count this season how many times Bar$a have been favoured more than Madrid! :rollani::yuck::fero:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
acMilanMontreal said:
Once upon a time, when the "Juve and the Refs" love affair hit a fevered pitch (think the infamous Parma incident "confusione nell'area") I began to notice a clever ploy taking shape. For some reason Milan was included in the Juve "imbroglio" simply because they too were winning. Then came the ever so classy :rollani: comment from Mancini about only Samp. and Lazio being the REAL Scudetto winners of the last decade (and then some), etc.
Milan being pulled into Juve's 'bad light' was a clever way of having the boys at VIA TURATI have to do some P.R. 'leg work' along side Mr. Moggi.
Bottom line is that when you compare Juve's history of favortism, controvery and sheer questionable victories to Milan's 'supposed' favortism (extra time argument once again :rollani: ) as of recent it is Night and Day.
Just the sheer title of this thread "Is Milan like Juve" gives me goosebumps.

MEGLIO FROCE QUE JUVENTINO

If that last sentence means what I think it means, you're not very pc. :D

As for the rest of your post, Moggi is at it again. He was interviewed after the recent Chievo-Tangentus game and whined that Juve and Milan couldn't be blamed just because they were winning. :yuck: I was pretty steamed at being lumped in the same basket -- or maybe that should be bucket -- as Juve.

Milan have profited from some refereeing decisions and have been harmed by others. But Milan are not like Juve. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything so blantant as the "favors" Juve gets from refs week in and week out. It bothers me that the refs don't even bother to disguise it.

If Milan were a bunch of cheats, I might support individual players in the team, but I could never support the team itself.

There's only one good thing about Juve's habitual cheating: when they get into Europe and realize they can't count on the referee and linesmen to bail them out, they tend to crash and burn. That's why they don't win the CL.

Except when they're doped up of course. :rollani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,239 Posts
Ruffian said:
There's only one good thing about Juve's habitual cheating: when they get into Europe and realize they can't count on the referee and linesmen to bail them out, they tend to crash and burn. That's why they don't win the CL.
That does not make sense. Juventus has reached the Final seven times in our history, only winning the competition twice. However reaching the Final is a very tough task in itself and the only way to reach it is to beat some of Europe's other great clubs. We may not have the most success in the Champions League, however we have one of the best records in terms of reaching the Final. Milan has been to the Final 8 times in their history while Juventus has 7. Your ingenious theory does not work here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,239 Posts
Ruffian said:
Except when they're doped up of course. :rollani:
1985


Get a new gig Ruffian.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
Andr3w said:
That does not make sense. Juventus has reached the Final seven times in our history, only winning the competition twice. However reaching the Final is a very tough task in itself and the only way to reach it is to beat some of Europe's other great clubs. We may not have the most success in the Champions League, however we have one of the best records in terms of reaching the Final. Milan has been to the Final 8 times in their history while Juventus has 7. Your ingenious theory does not work here.

In my lexicon, "crash and burn" includes losing the final. I'm glad to see that you've set lesser standards for your team than I have for mine. But then, we knew that already.


Andr3w said:
1985


Get a new gig Ruffian.

1996


Know your own team's history, Andr3w.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,239 Posts
Ruffian said:
In my lexicon, "crash and burn" includes losing the final. I'm glad to see that you've set lesser standards for your team than I have for mine. But then, we knew that already.
Lesser standards? All I mentioned was the facts. You're the one whose jealous that Milan can't reach "25" Scudetti.





1996


Know your own team's history, Andr3w.
Oh I do.

You just said "Juventus cannot win the Champions League without being doped up." Well, I just gave you another year in which Juventus won the CL without the suspicion of being "doped up."

Imbecile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Andr3w said:
Lesser standards? All I mentioned was the facts. You're the one whose jealous that Milan can't reach "25" Scudetti.







Oh I do.

You just said "Juventus cannot win the Champions League without being doped up." Well, I just gave you another year in which Juventus won the CL without the suspicion of being "doped up."

Imbecile.
Why would we be jealous when you cheat your way to winning titles,If anything Juve would be jealous of our clean champions league trophies.If everything was done properly we would most likely have more titles than Il ladri di Italia.remember 2 Champions league's "Uno con le morte e uno con le rigori"cant win with class.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,569 Posts
Ruffian said:
In my lexicon, "crash and burn" includes losing the final. I'm glad to see that you've set lesser standards for your team than I have for mine. But then, we knew that already.
Yes, "crashing and burning in Europe" includes going all the way to the final of a tournament but losing.

Does that mean the finals Milan lost, they crashed and burned in Europe as well?

I think your smack needs professional help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Andr3w said:
Milan has been to the Final 8 times in their history.
:nono: we have been 9 times to the finals cuz we won 6 and lost against Real, Marseille and Ajax but anyway ;)

To speak about this season, I remember Juve being helped with a free kick against Bologna ( I'm not sure, Nedved scored it).
Then there were these huge mistakes in Roma and against Chievo.
I'm not saying that Juve is bribing refs, but you are always helped by them, the fact is that I would really RESPECT you if for example Moggi or some players would say: Yes we have been helped, there is a problem and we must try to change that. We hate to win like this. But NO! Juve fans are more like: Yes ok the ref made a mistake but that's life, we would have won anyway and there is no problem in italian soccer.
That's the fact!! You just care about the result and not about the way you get it and that is the real shame!
 
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Top