·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a VDM or Kily.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
do you mean is he really a striker or a winger who scores goals? the question makes more sense that way.

i think somewhere in between really, but i really haven't seen that much of him. either way, as long as he keeps on scoring and looking dangerous he is more than welcome in the National team though.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For example, the goal he scored against Roma....he was hanging out closest to the goalie

Is a winger supposed to do that? I mean this guy was way towards the goal comapred to his teammates..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
For example, the goal he scored against Roma....he was hanging out closest to the goalie

Is a winger supposed to do that? I mean this guy was way towards the goal comapred to his teammates..
i don't know Pulsar, good attacking players do whatever they can to get into dangerous positions, regardless of what their role is on paper. i wouldn't blame him for backing himself against Roma's defence this season anyway.

i haven't seen much of Cagliari playing this season, but some things just become apparent from looking at the line-ups they select. Often when Suazo doesn't start all they seem to have is Langella and Esposito on the wings and Zola calling the tune.

none of them are really out and out target men or anything but sometimes they probably would take a position like that to benefit from the chances that the other players around them can create.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I just consider him as a right forward. Mauro Esposito can pretty much do it all; make runs up the flank like a right winger, or infiltrate the penalty box to cause problems there. He has a nack for scoring goals, and that comes from his incisive runs into the box. So basically Esposito is a right forward.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i think he is more of a withdrawn striker, yes he does make runs down the wing, but he also likes to get into the box behind the opposing defence

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Andy's right. He plays just like a right-sided striker. If you're thinking of an old fashioned right winger in the mould of Gullit, Mancini or Semioli, then he doesn't play like that. He doesn't whip in crosses at will (well not that often anyway) and doesn't have the whole fancy footwork package normally associated with wingers (C. Ronaldo), but he does like to drift into the centre and offer a fresh option in attack. I think it's a classic case of a modern striker made to look really good by placing him on the side..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Cagliari play a wide tridente (unlike Roma who play a narrow one without any width). So Esposito is found out wide, but also found in the six yard box whenever the ball is on the left so he can score from a cross.

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
I am ingesting THE best peanut butter and concord grape jelly sandwich EVER

now that is substance you vacuous s hits

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Seems like a great talent and is performing very well this year, how old is this guy?.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Barca have enough players. Id prefer Esposito to move to a team where he fits and where they need him. So this rules out Inter and Milan straight away... Juve dont really need him either. It would be nice to see Esposito move to a team like Roma :D

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
roma??-------------i know ur a big 6 club in italy....................but if barca r serious abt him they can easily stave off roma's challenge..............

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Unless Giuly is crap or leaves, Barca hardly need him unless they just want him for back-up. It would be nice to see the likes of Esposito and Miccoli in Spain, yet Esposito is only a rumour and I doubt he will be moving from Italy anyway. If a big 3 go for him, he will move to them, even if it would be a quite stupid move.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts