Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell are answers such as these?

A question about the defence. You have Nicolas Burdisso in the squad. Why isn't he playing?
"I agree with you about Burdisso. At the start Nicolas had to spend a month away with the Olympics team and he didn't work much with us. I think a young player needs to get to know our football well. He has enormous qualities and he will be very important for Inter's future."

How decisive would Martins have been last night? And how influential could Kily González be in the derby?
"Last night's match would have been ideal for him. Especially at the end, when his speed and unpredictability could have been devastating. But he wasn't well. We're hoping he'll recover in time for Wednesday. As far as Kily is concerned, he's looking for his best form and match fitness."

What can you tell us about van der Meyde?
"He's a great player. He has all the qualities of a fantastic player. I have known him for six months. Perhaps he has lost a bit of confidence compared with the start because he has played less, but the fact that he's the only pure winger should encourage him to take better advantage of this chance."

Why has Davids played so little?
"Apart from the physical problems that have affected Davids' performance, I will ask you a question. If Davids plays someone else has to be left out. You can't play in twelve, can you?"

And Recoba?
"I greatly respect Recoba. He's enormously talented."

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why did Recoba and Davids stay behind in Milan?
"The most difficult thing about my job is making decisions that lead to players not playing or going in the stands. There are no special reasons, it's a technical decision and nothing else."

Are you confident that Vieri will recover in time?
"All the players called up are doing quite well. Vieri has a slight problem, but he did the whole training session yesterday. Just like Martins, who has a small problem but is basically okay. We have brought four strikers plus van der Meyde, who is like a fifth forward."

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i dont think he said anything bad...in fact i think the answers were perfect from the coach

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
No

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
i dont think he said anything bad...in fact i think the answers were perfect from the coach

ALL that he said was BULLSHIT.
HE JUST DOESNT LIKE RECOBA FOR NO APPARENT REASON, IF HE HAS THE RIGHT SENSE HE WOULD COME OUT AND SAY WHY HE IS GIVING RECOBA SUCH TREATMENT.. but no he doesnt even do that
just so that he can maintain his ****in golden boy image
highly pissing off for me
there is NO reason for leaving recoba on the bench when vieri and oba arent fully fit and also adriano is out of form
"TECHNICAL REASONS" ...yeah right mancio i know what you mean by that :ass:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sebastian50 said:
Is Recoba a healthy scratch?
Yes he is, Just like he was after the Anderlecht game where he had a good game, But wasn't called up for the league match v Siena

Remember these quotes

After the Anderlecht game

RECOBA: "AT THE SERVICE OF MANCINI"
Wednesday, 08 December 2004 00:27:07

MILAN - "I had the chance to play a whole match tonight and I think I took full advantage," said Alvaro Recoba after Tuesday's Uefa Champions League win at home to Anderlecht .

The Uruguayan forward continued: "We played our game and did quite well. In any case, I saw a good Inter. We are all at the service of Mancini; I do my job and I always do it to my best ability. I have been at Inter for eight years and no coach has ever given me space.

"Let's hope something changes with Mancini, maybe we could get a few victories that haven't come. And I say all this without wanting to be controversial. It's just a joke."

Then after he wasn't called up at all for the Siena game

"We had words during training and the Coach decided to leave me at home," revealed Recoba this afternoon. "Nothing else happened and I never lacked respect for anyone, nor do I want to be disrespected."

It was already rumoured there were tensions between the two men, but they exploded during Saturday’s training session when he discovered he wouldn’t be in the starting eleven despite impressing in the midweek Champions’ League win over Anderlecht.

Recoba was not even included in the squad travelling to Siena and Mancini confirmed in his press conference that this was “a technical decision.”

It’s now increasingly likely that the Uruguayan will be loaned out in January with Sampdoria and Palermo both eager to take him on.

"I want Inter to win whether I am on the field or not," added Recoba, "and the Coach has a right to make his decisions. However, it is increasingly difficult for me to spend such a long time on the sidelines. After I wasn't called up for the Siena game I asked myself what I was still doing here"

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Yes. Selecting Cruz and Van Der Medye over Recoba and Emre is bias at its best.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i really want recoba to go to milan , if all the interisti think he is a disappointment then why not make milan feel such a disappointment

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
2T said:
i really want recoba to go to milan , if all the interisti think he is a disappointment then why not make milan feel such a disappointment
I'd like to be disappointed too. :D I think that Sampdoria deserve this disappointment. :stuckup:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I'd like to be disappointed too. :D I think that Sampdoria deserve this disappointment. :stuckup:

well he was heading toward u but mancini didn't want make u strong

·
Registered
60,512 Posts
I have been at Inter for eight years and no coach has ever given me space.
Poor Il Chino. :frownani: :cry:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

Imagine Ferguson and Ruud in this pic, or Wenger with Henry, Or Mourinho and Gudjohnsen etc etc just them 2 alone and topless.

Recoba hasn't got a chance

·
Registered
60,512 Posts
Yeah I bet Mancini plays Vieri because he's sexier than Recoba...

Perfect reasoning. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Oh come on, by the sounds of things the Club is F.C. Recoba not Internazionale.

I don't see as much complaining when it comes to the likes of VDM, Davids, Emre.

The coach has the best interest for the team, not individuals.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Will give Recoba no pity.
There is a reason why he's not playing much, and there's a way you can get to it: watch him play.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Faisal youb went over the line - don't imply anything with vieri when there's nothing--- watch who starts today in porto

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Yeah I bet Mancini plays Vieri because he's sexier than Recoba...

Perfect reasoning. :thumbsup:
Nope nobody says that, Its just a picture. You think Vieri is sexier or what thats your thing and keep on judging them mate.

Mancini isn't playing Recoba for some reason and picks VDM, Cruz over him. Fair enough he is doing it for technical reason and nothing else. :)

Pulsar don't worry man Im not saying Vieri is gay at all.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I didn't mean that. I said don't imply that Vieri gets favors from Mancio. He did score and save us 4 losses. I credit Juve's comeback to him. I credit other comebacks as well including Sampdoria. Vieri earned his spot.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Yeah and those comebacks were thanks to the introduction of Recoba and Vieri who set him up. Bobo I have nothing against and I respect him greatly as a player but Mancini needs to be fair and give Recoba time and faith that he gives to others. Not only Vieri but other players he backs alot.

But instead he picks Cruz VDM's etc over him. But anyway its a technical thing like he says and hopefully we have got this all wrong and Recoba isn't finished for the season by playing in the derby this sunday.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts