Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raised this point today and someone referred to it as a joke, seriously though, are there anyone out there as consistent and classy as this guy?

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I think about that question a lot too, I never see much of Emerson, but I'm always hearing about Makele holding it together for Chelsea, and, when he doesn't play, Chelsea aren't the same team and tend to struggle.

He's their driving force in Midfield, their engine, their anchor, when he's missing, that hole is there and and they tend to struggle, and dont create as many oppurtunities.

Emerson is highly rated as well though, Brazillian anchor in the midfield.

At one stage it was Vieira, no-one could surpass him, he was fantastic at one point in his career, not to say he isn't now.

Based on what I've seen and heard, I'd choose Makele.

How about Ballack?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Emerson for me. Vieira really doesn't play that deeper role as much as Emerson does at Juve.

Makelele, Cambiasso, Pirlo and Xavi to a certain extend as well.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
grêmio has its dirty fingerprints all over the best players in the world. ehehh

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Makelele is the best pure ballwinner IMO. Like a couple of other great ballwinners he can be quite dire when he tries to be a footballer though.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Makelele is better defensively, but Emerson is better going forward and a much better passer and creates more chances for him team.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
He has been having his best season for the last 3 years.
Huh? Did you watch Emerson in 2002/03? Now that was clearly his best season, he was dominating teams in midfield practically by himself because the rest of our midfield was quite awful this year. Now he's great, but he's not the force of nature he used to be then.

Anyway, I would choose Makelele right now.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Demandred said:
Huh? Did you watch Emerson in 2002/03? Now that was clearly his best season, he was dominating teams in midfield practically by himself because the rest of our midfield was quite awful this year. Now he's great, but he's not the force of nature he used to be then.

Anyway, I would choose Makelele right now.
I meant he improved in 03-04 from his 02-03 season. When Roma finished 2nd. :rolleyes:

Then he improved again in 04-05, and now even more. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I meant he improved in 03-04 from his 02-03 season. When Roma finished 2nd.
No, he didn't improve, quite the opposite in fact.

I am not too sure about his last two seasons because i don't watch Juve that much due to them boring me to tears, but there's no way Emerson was better in 03/04 than in 02/03.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts