Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lennon, what can we say, great to watch, fast and a player who can beat a defender.

Stephane Dalmat, exactly the same. For years he was rated as a big talent and that is why he's gone to clubs like Inter, PSG, Marseille and even us. Now he plays for Racing Santander or was it Toulouse, anyway one of them. For years all this talk of promise but in the end, no real end product.

Now when we look at Lennon, is there much to suggest he won't be the next Dalmat? other big clubs already interested in him.

BUT however the Opta stats tell us that he's only given 1 assist in 10 games. Maybe Jol is right to not start him the whole time. Arjen Robben at Lennons age already was ripping the Dutch league apart and winning games singlehandedly against sides like Deportivo La Coruna in the CL. I'm yet to see Lennon do the same. Is there any game where Lennon has dominated a team that much yet? showed some nice stuff against Man City but a real match winning performance yet? no

and now I hear he's unhappy about life in the south of England. What's this whinging about? Robben whereever he was, Eindhoven (boring city btw) or London never had these problems. This is getting Barmbylike.

Adapting problems, overhype...could we indeed have the next Stephane Dalmat/Joaquin on our hands?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Wally said:
Lennon, what can we say, great to watch, fast and a player who can beat a defender.

Stephane Dalmat, exactly the same. For years he was rated as a big talent and that is why he's gone to clubs like Inter, PSG, Marseille and even us. Now he plays for Racing Santander or was it Toulouse, anyway one of them. For years all this talk of promise but in the end, no real end product.

Now when we look at Lennon, is there much to suggest he won't be the next Dalmat? other big clubs already interested in him.

BUT however the Opta stats tell us that he's only given 1 assist in 10 games. Maybe Jol is right to not start him the whole time. Arjen Robben at Lennons age already was ripping the Dutch league apart and winning games singlehandedly against sides like Deportivo La Coruna in the CL. I'm yet to see Lennon do the same. Is there any game where Lennon has dominated a team that much yet? showed some nice stuff against Man City but a real match winning performance yet? no

and now I hear he's unhappy about life in the south of England. What's this whinging about? Robben whereever he was, Eindhoven (boring city btw) or London never had these problems. This is getting Barmbylike.

Adapting problems, overhype...could we indeed have the next Stephane Dalmat/Joaquin on our hands?

I seriously can't belive you compare Dalmat to Joaquin. :eekani:

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Korup said:
I seriously can't belive you compare Dalmat to Joaquin. :eekani:
if you look at Joaquins end product this season, you can only compare him to Dalmat IMO. A few years ago he was far more impressive. I remember the way he skimmed Frank de Boer as if he wasn't there (ok anyone could really towards the end of his career :D) but now it seems he's just a nice winger who has a few good games per season.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Wally said:

no maybe he hasnt won us any games single handedly, yet it doesnt mean hes not playing well. mind you, playing for england u21s he has ripped a couple of teams to pieces and with him on one side, jerome thomas on the other theyve looked really promising....

and at the start of the year robben was whinging about the rotation of the squad and how he should play more!? and the fact hes not happy in the south of england, you have the Suns word for that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think of him as more of a Jose Dominguez.

He's looked good so far, but that's only in comparison to Andy 'just one more doughnut' Reid and Timmy Atouba. I mean since Ginola we haven't really had a consistent winger who can beat a man.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
He's definately not like Dalmat. Dalmat on his day was a world-beater, but you'd only see that every few games. The other times he was nowhere to be found. Everytime Lennon has played he has made an impact on the game, with the exception of those awful cup games. He doesn't need to get assists imo, he's made a few goals this season even without direct assists.

This boy is going to be something special, one of the future stars of English football.

·
Banned
2,017 Posts
The homesick thing isn't proven, even if it was true he is only 18 years old remember, so nothing on the likes of Dalmat or Anelka just yet. :D

Talentwise he is like a Dalmat I agree, but lets hope he doesn't criminally waste it like the Frenchman.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Knew this'd get you here :D good to have you back.

As for Joaquin, doesn't Betis more or less have the same players from last season which got them into the CL? :confused: so they can't be that bad if that is the case. I saw him against AZ over the 2 legs and yes definitely he looks a good player, but the zip, the real difference he used to make..all gone, it seemed. Maybe he should have moved from Betis earlier in his career.

·
Banned
2,017 Posts
Hehe thanks mate, Im in the states right now and Im feeling pretty damn homesick myself tbh, never again will I say a bad word against London.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so you moved there now for good? :eek: what's the footy coverage like?

if it's worse, well at least you can console yourself that there'll be no more talkshyte and Mark Lawrenson etc for the time being :D

·
Banned
2,017 Posts
Haven't decided yet, the coverage is a joke unless you get FSC and Gol tv(even that isn't enough for me), most people here have no idea who Diego Maradona or Pele is..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts