• No

Votes: 36 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, he is. Also, one of the best goalkeepers Brazil has ever produced.

What does XT think?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
In true Liverpool fan tradition expect him to be biased and say Reina

why? are we the only ones that are biased? reina is currently one of the best keepers in the premiership on current form, some of his saves against villa meant we could then dish out a drubbing, so if we throw his name into the ring why the need for eye rolling? isn't that debate or should we just agree and ignore this thread.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
He is the best right now in Italy, probably the best in Europe.
Probably the best in the world.

You'll hear of Brazil producing the best full backs, right backs, strikers, midfielders etc...but never have I heard of a Brazilian GK being touted the best in the world.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Julio César is now, by far, the best keeper in the world. Probably the only good thing coming out of Serie A together with Pato and Zlatan.

·
Registered
56,235 Posts
agree.

i take this opportinity to ask if you know a goalie who doesn't use gloves?
my son asked me this.

·
Registered
23,871 Posts
agree.

i take this opportinity to ask if you know a goalie who doesn't use gloves?
my son asked me this.
I can't think of any keeper in any of the big leagues.

I remember the Portuguese keeper taking his gloves off prior to the penalty shoot-out vs England in the Euro 2004. But I can't think of anyone playing regularly without gloves.

Oh, and yes. I think Cesar is the best keeper in the World at the moment. I can't think of anyone better at least.

P.S. No jinx! :nervous:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
He might be the best in-form, but he's not the best goalkeeper in the world.

·
Registered
23,871 Posts
He might be the best in-form, but he's not the best goalkeeper in the world.
What if Cesar keeps his form and the supposedly better keepers don't regain their top form, wouldn't that make Cesar the best?

As for potential I think only Buffon and maybe Cech are better.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
he is the best in italy, but probably not in europe, i think casillas, reina and cech are ahead of him to be honest.

:howler::howler::howler:

you have to be joking

Julio Cesar this season has saved about 2/3 certain goals a game for Inter

he saved two 100% chances against Man U for example

go and watch his performances against Milan (the 2nd one) and Fiorentina this season and tell me Reina is a better keeper because frankly he's not and absolutely no one who isn't a Liverpool fan will agree with you on this

1 - 20 of 95 Posts