Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did Terry deserve to win the EPL player of the year?

What does he have in his game over a Bruno N'Gotty?

In 5 years time will we not comprehend how he won a player of the year award over a amazing Henry just to name a few?

and how many football fans from all around the world with no connections to Chelsea put him in their dream world 11?

Discuss..

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Faisal said:

What does he have in his game over a Bruno N'Gotty?

In 5 years time will we not comprehend how he won a player of the year award over a amazing Henry just to name a few?

and how many football fans from all around the world with no connections to Chelsea put him in their dream world 11?

Discuss..
I have no connection to Chelsea and I do rate him as one of the best center backs playing in the world today.

I didn't fancy him at first, but seeing him play this year, he is definitely one of the best at his position.

Overrated is a guy like Becks.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Becks generation is passing, Terry will never reach that level of hype but even then Beckham was a more impressive player than Terry IMO.

There is no question, Terry is good, but he isn't even the best defender at his club, let alone the best in the world.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Faisal said:
Becks generation is passing, Terry will never reach that level of hype but even then Beckham was a more impressive player IMO.

There is no question, Terry is good, but he isn't even the best defender at his club, let alone the best in the world.
Becks has a good right foot, everything else about him completely sucks ass!

As for Terry, he plays in a defense that doesn't concede alot of goals and is probably one of the best in the world if not the best. He's a big reason why and the reason why Sol Campbell or Rio Ferdinance will not start in WC 2006 for England.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You think Terry is the best english defender right? Ok mate fair enough I don't want to argue, just hear others opinion.

(And Im not going to defend Beckham, Im the last person on this forum to do so, Beckhamania was a different planet of hype and it made me sick but I would take a 24 year old Beckham over a 24 year old Terry)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FiveMagics said:
More English player bashing :yawn:

No mate you've got it wrong, this isn't English player bashing.

I rate the English defenders, no other country in the world matches the strengh in depth England have in this position, but if you say Terry is better than Rio, how can I not argue?

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Faisal said:
You think Terry is the best english defender right? Ok mate fair enough I don't want to argue, just hear others opinion.

(And Im not going to defend Beckham, Im the last person on this forum to do so, Beckhamania was a different planet of hype and it made me sick but I would take a 24 year old Beckham over a 24 year old Terry)
Yes, he is currently the best English defender with Ashley Cole coming in second for the England squad.

And if you're trying to compare Beck to Terry, that's moronic. They play two different positions and have differents sets of responsibilities.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
**** Beckham I hate the guy and he is the most overhyped player I will ever see, Im sure of this, Terry will never match his hype and thats why Im talking about his generation.

Flo tell me how Terry is a better defender than Rio, compare their game.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I think what made Terry destinguished is his attacking power. Very few CBs can attack that well. His transition is also great, he is never late to arrive where needed.

Indeed a very great player!

Not the best in the premiership though

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Faisal said:
Flo tell me how Terry is a better defender than Rio, compare their game.
Terry attacks more and puts himself up front in the midfield alot more than Rio does. Rio stands back alot. Needless to say, Man U blame Howard for all the goals that he lets in but they turn a blind eye when their defense screws up. And alot of that starts with Rio.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trust me if they swapped places this wouldn't even be a argument, Terry shouldn't be compared to Rio to be honest. Different class.

If your only going to go on how many his clubs conceeds then we might aswell get the numbers out and close this thread.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Ferdinand is more skilfull, better tackler, better passer, positional and reads the game better. Terry is a better man marker, headerer, leader and more aggressive. They are equal IMO.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Flo said:
Terry attacks more and puts himself up front in the midfield alot more than Rio does. Rio stands back alot. Needless to say, Man U blame Howard for all the goals that he lets in but they turn a blind eye when their defense screws up. And alot of that starts with Rio.
If he attacks more thats going to make him a better defender?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Flo said:
you have got that wrong, its usually Brown or Silvestre that cock up, Howard is also responsible, him and Carrol have been pretty dire this season. Ferdinand is the only one that brings stability and organization to the Man Utd backline.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts