Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i hope not, i think its offical, if u have jardel in ur team its like automatically winning. He's not the greatest player, but probably the greatest scorer. It makes u think why do teams not pay 50mil for him, but waste the dinheiro with players like ronaldo who is good, but is always injured.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
plus him heading the ball, is like someone throwing it with their hands, its always perfectly placed, jardel is great in a different way then figo, rivaldo, beckham, etc.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Scolari decided to leave him out and put Ronaldo in. Jardel is not the kind of player Brazil needs. Jardel plays a different style if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Hmm... thats something I didn't know. Surprised that Pele is coming. You may say it was the Portuguese who ended Pele's playing days in the World Cup . For those who don't know, during a World Cup Qualification match many years ago(I believe it was 1966 - Portugal 3rd in World), a Portuguese player commited a double foul on Pele and Pele declared after that game that he would never play in another World Cup again.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Soccer Star said:
Hmm... thats something I didn't know. Surprised that Pele is coming. You may say it was the Portuguese who ended Pele's playing days in the World Cup . For those who don't know, during a World Cup Qualification match many years ago(I believe it was 1966 - Portugal 3rd in World), a Portuguese player commited a double foul on Pele and Pele declared after that game that he would never play in another World Cup again.
Actually, that's not all true. Yes, the game did take place during 1966 World Cup. But Pele came back 4 years later and played on the 1970 team that won Brazil's 3rd cup.

Also, the Portuguese player in question was Morais, who played for Sporting. While he did foul Pele particularly hard, Morais still claims till this day that Pele head-butted him prior to that foul. He may have been the greatest player ever, but he wasn't always a saint! ;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Penguin said:

Actually, that's not all true. Yes, the game did take place during 1966 World Cup. But Pele came back 4 years later and played on the 1970 team that won Brazil's 3rd cup.

Also, the Portuguese player in question was Morais, who played for Sporting. While he did foul Pele particularly hard, Morais still claims till this day that Pele head-butted him prior to that foul. He may have been the greatest player ever, but he wasn't always a saint! ;)
Thanks for the correction Penguin but I never said Pele was a saint. ;)

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Soccer Star said:
Scolari decided to leave him out and put Ronaldo in. Jardel is not the kind of player Brazil needs. Jardel plays a different style if you know what I mean.
Does this style inlove them losing more games during WC qualifying than they ever had before?

I still think it is a mistake to put more stock in Ronaldo than Jardel. Ronaldo has been world's top player, but the amount of time missed from injury is too great to ignore. Meanwhile, The Jardel has been scoring goals for every team he has played for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts