Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
va' fancul
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barring not only on todays poor performance, but in the last 2 seasons - has Seedorf left much to be desired in terms of consistency and overall midfield worth?

Personally I think its time to put the foot down on the issue, and get into Clarence's face. His contributions have been lackluster and dissapointing - and from a hindsight perspective, he doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

Maybe its because he's already one of the most successful club football players in the world i.e. his career is packed with titles:
3 CL CUPS with 3 different clubs and numerous domestic titles to boot.

One would think that with all this success, a player may lose his individual desire for winning because they have already proven soo much. Maybe Seedorf doesn't give a damn because his hunger has already been fufilled?

Whatever his reasons are (physical or mental) Seedorf has done liitle or nothing in terms of making constructive plays and quality decision making in the middle of the park. Overall he simply hasn't been good enough and I think now is a good time as any to re-examine his worth.

Am I out of line or do some think this actually makes sense?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
:shades:

What I see from Seedorf is hustle but no skill. I would keep him so as to not break up the winning formula

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I was dissapointed with his performance today but I wouldnt get rid of him at all , He is a great player and helped Milan a lot !!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Personally I adore him :cool:
I feel that if at this point of the season we're still up their, we owe him a lot :cool: I know that a number of people may agree with your point of view, but I IMO having Seedorf in midfield, together woith Pirlo, Kaka and Gattuso grants us quantity and quality, obviously, as all players sometimes he dosen't perform to max. This evening was the case.

Nothing dramatic, but we disagree with each other :)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I think Seedorf fits into MIlan's system very well. But sometimes, he hogs the ball and shoots when he doesn't need to, and will probably score 1/10000 from outside the box. He also has seemed sluggish lately, but that could just be bad form. He is naturally strong, no dening that but I think Milan could do better. I know Milan have been looking for a replacement to Pirlo in Pizarro, but I think Pizarro can fit on that side. Even Jank can fit in nicely on the left-side as a leftback or even as the left-midfielder. He could add some much needed width to the left side that Seedorf does not use effectively in my opinion. Jank can also cut in too as we've seen with Udinese.

I think if either Pizarro or Jank is placed on the left-side along with some alternatives for your aging defence, you're team just becomes even greater than I already think it is.

·
Registered
585 Posts
When Seerdorf is playing well he is great and works very well with rest of our midfield. However he is prone to the odd bad game which is emphasised more by the fact that the rest of our midfield seems almost never to play badly. I dont think we should replace him because he does a great job tho it would be nice to have a proper replacement for him who can come in just in case he is having an off day.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
One of the reasons why Seedorf did not perform to well today I believe is that he must've been fouled 10 times, and he's played a whole lot
it happens :)
He is a key player in our system, the only player in our systems that is iffy is, unfortunatelly our second striker, Crespo or his replacement. In the other positions I believe everything is very well covered up

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Seedorf and Pirlo are a big reason why we are sitting here relaxed and dreaming of a possible 10th European Cup Final next month. Actually the whole Milan squad in reality but since we are talking about Seedorf so I kept it to Seedorf and Pirlo. Both didn't have an amazing game today as they are humans. Their importance however can not be under-estimated.

I do agree that it is time to replace Seedorf but for the 2nd leg only. ;)Serginho must start because as a Milan fan I would want Seedorf AT ALL COSTS to be heading out in a white jersey on May 25, 2005 should we get there. It's just not worth a risk to have him cautioned and miss out on a possible final. He is just too important a player for the big matches. The bigger the opposition the better the Seedorf comes out to play. :shades:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Haroon said:
Seedorf and Pirlo are a big reason why we are sitting here relaxed and dreaming of a possible 10th European Cup Final next month.
Absolutely. Personally I think Seedorf is one of the many pillars of this team who I would refer to as "clutch". That is to say he comes up BIG when you need him. He has his off days..I think its fair to say that he is ON his game more than off and is an added firepower and stability in the midfield.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Haroon said:
The bigger the opposition the better the Seedorf comes out to play. :shades:

agreed. :thumbsup:

seedorf tends to disappoint against smaller teams, only to shine against Juve, inter, man utd etc. big teams. :devil:

Like sheva, clerance is the man made for the biggest stages. :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Every player has some bad days, Seedorf too. I agree that he is one of the pilars of this team like Pirlo and Maldini. True winner and we must keep him as long as possible.

Although he has horrible shooting teqhnique IMO whick only leads to a goal 1 out of 50 shots :wallbang: . Rules also should forbid him taking big penalties :nono: .

·
1st Tier Poster
51,168 Posts
He has always been inconsistent throughout his career, but fact is that he is very valuable midfielder with very wide range of skills. IMO it was his arrival at the start of 2002/03 season what can be considered as the turning point in our current team's history, as it allowed Carlo to reorganize the midfield to fit into 4-3-1-2 formation. And the fact that for almost 3 years in a row Seedorf has been a regular starter on this midfield, which is one of the best in the world (especially from defensive aspect), doesn't leave many questions hanging over Clarence's quality. He's class, it's as simple as that. :star:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Haroon said:
Seedorf and Pirlo are a big reason why we are sitting here relaxed and dreaming of a possible 10th European Cup Final next month. Actually the whole Milan squad in reality but since we are talking about Seedorf so I kept it to Seedorf and Pirlo. Both didn't have an amazing game today as they are humans. Their importance however can not be under-estimated.

I do agree that it is time to replace Seedorf but for the 2nd leg only. ;)Serginho must start because as a Milan fan I would want Seedorf AT ALL COSTS to be heading out in a white jersey on May 25, 2005 should we get there. It's just not worth a risk to have him cautioned and miss out on a possible final. He is just too important a player for the big matches. The bigger the opposition the better the Seedorf comes out to play. :shades:

I like this last bit here man, well said. :thumbsup: If Milan were to get rid of Clarence they would very much regret it.

I know what's wrong with Clarence since him cot him hair. I and I tink him look betta Natty.

Is this dude serious or what? Come on man! How can you even think about replacing a player with so much experience which is still young enough to be able to give us 4 to 5 years more of his wisdom. :frownani: Why do you think Ancelotti still plays him ? The man can play some football.

Paraiso

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
There's no way I'd replace him,He's still very important to our squad and has saved us on many occasions.He's one of the unsung heroe's of the side that doesn't get enough recognition IMO.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Seedorf is a key player, have you guys already forgotten the game vs Parma? It's no surprise that he can't string together two top notch performances but remember that your expectations on him are high. He's a box to box player and does huge effort in the midfield defensively too. I've never seen any opponents be able to settle down their play in "his" area in the midfield. Even if Seedorfs offensive contributions vary from devastating to all wrong, he still contributes as a whole.
Some games he loses alot of balls but he's always there, ready for the pass and to take it back. He never goes invisible, he's always involved. The fact that he has so many balls to lose shows that he's always playing a part. You can't set a value on that kind of contribution.
I find it daft to even consider Serginho ahead of Seedorf. On an off-day, Seedorf loses alot of balls.
Serginho, and many many other midfielder, on an off-day is invisible.
Try figuring out what kind of devastating effect an invisible player in that area would be for our diamond with Pirlo as the anchor.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Why on Earth whenever Seedorf doesnot play well a thread, either here or at MM, is opened?!!! :frustrat: :nono:

Can't you people remember that he scored the ONLY goal against Chievo just a week ago!! Seedorf hasd been like this for the entire of his career, and yet he managed to produce oustanding performance, and win trophies with every club he played for (Except Inter, well they are losers any way!!)

If you guys can't find him an excuse for being a starter, here is one to begin with:

Scoring the winning goal against Inter Merdas last season from a stunning strike :proud: :proud:

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Unnecesary thread IMO.

Seedorf is immense for us and is doing his stuff extremely well. he is a key player as several ppl said and even last night his performance was not that bad I think, having in mind PSV dominanted midfleid (not just seedorf, the whoel midfield) for 30 min or so in teh 2nd half. He wasnt great indeed, but played good enough. Lest not forget he scored teh Chievo vital goal just few days back ... :)

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
I dont like him nor players like him, I hate this lazyiness, recklessness "dont-give-a-shit" attitude that is found in players like him and sometimes cristiano ronaldo...backheels, takes ages to pass, unnecessary dribbles, shooting that hits the stadium clock most of the time, shitty corners all season, not to mention what he did to holland (missed penalties a few times and still insists on taking them!)..

What made me furious last night was when he did that 360 zidane style turn with the ball just 10 metres in front of our 18 yard line, i really lost my temper then lol a CL semi final and a narrow 1-0 lead against a team with fast wingers and he does a 360 turn that could have went wrong and exposed us in the back! oh and that humilating pass to kaladze also in the 1st half...

and i think milan will be score much more if we played serginho rather than seedorf, serginho is quicker and better at corners and freekicks, dribbles better, and more responsible in that u dont get those silly tricks with him that never produced anything, plus he is fairly consistent...so ya in short in my team seedorf will be on the bench or sold..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts