Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean i still love serie A with all my heart but what i am saying is that i am ridiculously bored nowadays.

The standard of football is seriously dropping. I have not watched a good serie A match which was really well played since probably Rome derby.

Its the same in Spain. Valencia's win over the weekend was teh first good match in SPain for weeks.

The problem? Serie A and La Liga are too damn difficult. Its ridiculous, week in and week out every game is simply too difficult and it is hurting us in Europe and our standard of play is deteriorating.

Of course one could argue that Serie A is simply missing the extraodinary players nowadays with Totti Zidane Seedorf Boban Rui COsta and most of the others either suffering a loss in form or injured.

Batistuta is out so is r9 and V32 Montella is seriously hurting and Del Piero is still miles from his old self and sommin is seriously wrong with Shevchenko.

Honestly the only top class strikers still playing at their best in Serie A are Crespo and Amoroso everyone else is either injured or badly outa form.

If Serie A doesn't do sommin soon our beloved Serie A could revert into that horrible thing the called Calcio in the 70's and the 80's.

Sommin must be done about the league play.

Sadly the more super stars brought in the more poorly everyone will have to play in order to keep them out.

The only good thing about serie A in t he past few weeks has been the prestige but other than that sommin must be done about the tired ness of the players.

Too many games..........it truly does reduce the quality of play.

Mabye its time for 16 teams in Serie A.

------------------
[email protected] [email protected]

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
batistuta is out??? i know that he didnt play against milan, but what is the reason?
please dont tell me that he is injured!!!

I

·
0 Posts
I agree Tazz. It seems like most matches I watch I just can't wait for it to end it is so agonizingly boring.

------------------
FORZA INTER!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
The problem is that the very strict tactics of the coaches control the game... The players become more like robots and lose their creativity and individual talents...

Now its more about managers than the players.. I hope this changes soon :(

------------------
Sabry, Benfica
Del Piero, Juve
Forza Juve

·
Registered
677 Posts
The close quality gap in Serie A teams makes games very tense. The tougher you have to play in the league the harder it is to achieve success in European competitions because in recent years most of the big clubs had new trainers and most have not been able to establish a system to be fully ready for Europe. You need a trainer with good players that can play squad rotation effectively. One bad game then its over in a Cup competition during the knockout stage which makes not much room for errors.

Players are humans and humans are fragile beings. Most of them, especially famous ones get hit hard in every game. We may not take much notice but I understand for example tough defenders treat famous strikers like sandbags in Serie A. Players from different ethnic groups sometimes also have words with each other and it makes things more complicated (physical). These physical abuses plus some bad luck can easily attribute to injuries for players - main reason why Italian teams failed the European conquest last season.

You have to admit that the world is more becoming merged in everyway - even football. Most of the better players for example in the PL played in Italy and its not surprising for some PL teams to be competitive opponents. Spanish teams as usual are always competitive. German and Dutch teams are very strong too. The tacticle randomness and quality just makes football (the ultimate game of unknowns) more unpredictable. What works in Italy might not work elsewhere. This is why National trainers have such a tough job.

Serie A teams has what it takes to reign Europe. But complication of these factors just makes things very hard for them. Maybe in two or three years when most big clubs have settled down and establish an effective playing system Serie A teams can reign Europe again. But its going to be harder and harder since teams have to compete at both ends, domestically and at Europe. Some teams just go into European competition expecting to earn profits from the big publicity (granted you go deep into the competition) instead of winning it. Serie A teams must not underestimate other teams and give full preperation. There's just no excuse for example for Milan this season to bail out of the CL in that fashion.

I believe the big Serie A clubs must consolidate their leauge position. Thereby the staff and players can start building a system and play consistently. The big Serie A clubs right now apart from Juventus and Lazio are mostly in disarray. Most teams are just playing week to week football with little progressive signs. It'll be impossible to go very far until these teams can sort things out for themselves. Poor results will mean a new management staff and players and neverending changes at most clubs and its very hard to achieve things instantly that way. In the end its a very delicate balance between oveall competitiveness of the Leauge and competitiveness of a handfull of teams in Europe for Italy. Its either a more respected leauge or weaker teams so tha big clubs can have the domestic advantage. I think one of them must be sacrificed for the other to work. A team that can do both although not impossible is very hard to build, although this had been done sucessfully in the past by the Italian dominence in Europe.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
tazz
what d umean sheva is playing poorly
he aint getting service caus eboban is injured and zac would rather play some ****s called DeAscentis and giunti

THE MAN IS AN IDIOT

but yeah i fell asllep during milan vs fiorentina
the problem is all these matche is killing the players

I think the coppa italia should be a 1 leg tournament like the fa cup

cause it makes far too many games

------------------
MILAN is FOOTBALL

·
Registered
392 Posts
You know Tazz i was thinking the same thing,its been two or three weeks now and it seems that all the big clubs have been playing like crap,maybe its the fatigue or the lack of confidence thats been given by the media,i'm not sure.
Like this past weekend i don't even think we broke the ten goal mark,i'm not saying attractive football shows by numbers,some of the best games are zero ties but the offence in serie a is sputtering.
I think Zeman is right when he said yesterday that'It seems that when players get the ball they don't know what to do with it'
What can be done>>??

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I wouldn't use the word suck, but your point is well taken. Many games turn into brutal grudge matches these days rather than spectacles of beauty. On the other hand, the will and the need to win in Serie A is so unbelievably strong, and many of the players are so quick these days that it seems the game has been shrunk. An end to the injuries would help. A return of Zeman to one of the clubs (Nazionale?) would help. More offensive styles and the elimination of cantennacio would certainly advance the league. Lastly, we all must demand offensive flair and style from our trainers.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Oh no Mosschops please dont tell me that.. :( , well thats it guys then Serie A will suck forever....

;)

------------------
Sabry, Benfica
Del Piero, Juve
Forza Juve

L

·
0 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but Seria A has always been boring to watch. Since i was a soccer fan, i never like to watch Seria A game because it is bloody boring, the tactics were to defend the one goal lead and to draw when playing away game. Seriously, if you say Seria A has just started to be boring to watch, i wonder what you talking about.
Only until i was an Inter fan then i started to watch Seria A, i mean waiting for the game every weekend just to witness Inter playing.

However, I do think Seria A is in crisis, all the top clubs couldn't even win anything in Europe now, started from last season when Inter and Juve were both knock out of CL, then came Parma knock out by Rangers(??!), then Juve got kick 4-0, Milan out of CL by Galatasary, Lazio got kick 5-2... the list go on and on.
Seria A is like Germany National team right now, once were giant of the world.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
You just have to look around and realize that even with Inter's dissasterous form, they are somehow in contention for a champion's league spot. You would think but with a 3-0 loss to Udinesse that the champion's league would be out of reach, but lucky for Inter, neither Roma nor Parma nor Milan could really capatalize on this. If the Serie A is indeed as great as it used to be, then Inter would have had no chance at a champion's league spot. The sad thing is, I believe even if Inter make it to the champion's league, it wouldn't be because they played well, but rather because most other teams where just as bad.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ha, ha, ha! i have to laugh, tazz, because ze da fiel and i have been telling you for a long time about boring football.

you keep ranting and raving about the quality of italian football and saying how so many teams in serie a could beat the best in england, etc., etc. but now finally you are admitting the truth: defensive tactics and timidity are killing italian football. when teams play for 1-0 results, this is what happens. the fans fall asleep.

so that is why i will love the brazilian players until i die, tazz. you can call them stupid if you want (and you have enough times), but at least i can have fun watching them. and that's the reason most of us watch football: to have fun.

you can keep calling italian football the highest-quality game in the world. and you can keep watching teams score in the 11th minute and then play defense all afternoon. i'll stick with the brazilians, thank you, and watch teams try to win 6-5 instead of 1-0.

and, yes, serie a football does suck. it sucks horribly and on a regular basis!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i agree with one leg in the coppa italia. but that won't solve the problem. there simply are too many games worldwide. look, some of these players on good teams have to play three times a week, and then the next week travel to asia or south america for a friendly or qualifier or something. that's too much football.

but tiredness isn't what makes serie a boring. it's the 1-0 defensive tactics.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Lawrencio and Falcao.....I got no comments....you guys said it all :) :) :)

Tazz if your bored.....take a trip across the Atlantic, and see Corinthians and Vasco play, your bordeness will end...I ASSURE YOU THAT! :) :) :) :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Hey Falcao: What was the score of Brasil's last national game? 0-0? How many goals has the Brasilian national team scored in the last 2 world cups? 0? Brasilians talk a great game. They also admire good defense as well as offense. In fact, Brasil is suffering a crisis in their defense, and it may well prevent them from another World Cup showing in 2002. Cafu...injured. Zago.....form has fallen through the floor. Aldair...old and aging. It's easy to criticize. But ask yourselves gentleman, if Serie A sucks so bad, why would we devote so much of our time to following it? To writing about about it? Because, contrary to what the incorrect critics say, Serie A is still the classiest, most competitive league in the world. One lousy year in European play doesn't mean anything. If we generalized things upon one year, we would have all written England off years ago. Sit back, relax, and try to enjoy the end of this admittedly sub-par season. Things will improve. We have a tremendous tournament to look forward to in less than 2 months, the Olympics and more Serie A. Not every year in wine production hits a home run. Same with some calcio years. We shall return.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Primo,
against Italy we had several chances and agaisnt France that was an atypical game....something that would have happened even if they had 11 french school boys.
As for the last brazilian result...we did not train and with Jardel and Elber you don't want us to win games do you?
As for the defenders, we have not got many...but we got some good boys coming up...and soon they will be shining: Roque Jr, Cacapa, Bilica, Alvaro, Fabio Luciano. We may not be the best defense of the world, and not have a Gamarra , but certainly is not in crisis!
As for the lousy seria a year...and the start of the English domination.....English clubs before Heysel disaster dominated Europe....even Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest won the European cup.....so things are only getting back to normal! :) :) :)
By the way, what was the result of Italy's last game?

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
I think you guys misuderstood Tazz's point about Serie A. He is not saying that Serie A sucks but that Serie A is not as exciting as it used to be especially in the last few months. I think this is pretty accurate for the higher end teams as the first half (andata games) were alot more fun to watch than the ritorno games. Games like Lazio-Milan (4-4), Inter-Milan in the first leg of coppa Italia,(3-2) Juve Milan 3-1 Roma-Lazio (4-1) were all great games. Lately we have sen alot of 1-0 games with boring tactics used. Although, the Serie A is not in top form at the moment, it still is the most exciting soccer to watch by far. This is place, where skill is needed to achieve success, even the best players in the world have to learn to adapt to Serie A. Just becuase other leagues such as the ones in Brazil or England, for instance result in a higher scorelines doesn't necessarily mean that they are better. In my case, I don't need a large score line to have fun watching Serie A, some of the defensive tactics employed are a thrill to watch as long as both teams are giving it their all, I don't care if it ends 0-0. It's great to see a defender stop a forward dead in his tracks with some great little move,( especially if it's an Inter defender stopping an opponent. ) or a game played mostly in midfield with two great teams battling out in the middle and pushing forward to create chances. Also, one must remeber that even though the top half of Serie A has slowed down, I have seen some great games played by the smaller clubs that are just as exciting to watch. Teams fighting to avoid relegation has laways been one of the major things I loved about Serie A soccer, as you see small temas copme together and play some brilliant soccer. (Eg. See ehat these small teams did to Inter) Teams like Reggina and Verona have been great to watch and have added excitement to Serie A. I think maybe it's not that Serie A sucks, but maybe people are a little disappointed on how Inter is playing, lessening the excitement that one feels as an Inter supporter.

FORZA INTER & SERIE A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Ze, stop making excuses !!! :(

"As for the last brazilian result...we did not train and with Jardel and Elber you don't want us to win games do you?"

What do you mean we did not train ?? Ok sorry guys we did not train for the game so you can not beat us... Is that professional soccer ?????????

Excuses Excuses... looooooooooooseeeers....

A final is a final you lost to France and thats it... Serie A is the best in the world again thats it.. live with it...

As for serie A sucks and that stuff well okay maybe the games suck NOW ONLY but even so the tight scores (look at 3rd,4th,5th,6th places) makes things even more exciting....

------------------
Sabry, Benfica
Del Piero, Juve
Forza Juve

1 - 20 of 55 Posts