Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what side of the table we would be on if Mancini had some of the squads that Cuper had to put up with....

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pleased to see no one responded to this. Because deep down inside you know it is true. I wonder how the likes of Lamouchi, Farinos and Okan would have done under Mancini. Whether we would be celebrating a Scudetto with Mancini coaching them.

Deny it all you want, throw out any argument you want, but it is true.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i don't ever remember Batistuta playing with Inter, accroding to this chart, he was under cuper

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
He played for half a season after Crespo was seriously injured

·
Registered
34,079 Posts
Worth remembering that Cuper largely chose his squads. Crespo and Ronaldo leaving... Coco, Vivas, Guly, Fadiga, Van Der Meyde, Kily... it was all him.

Cuper played some rubbish football and his relative succes was down to Toldo and Vieri. Even so, Inter '02 had by far the best squad in Serie A.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
a bit of both, but mainly mancini imo, he has a strong will and is a good man manager even if he has to improve his tactics and id bet my left nut that what has been spent on our main players under mancio is less than what was spent for the main players under cuper

Always liked Cuper but I wouldnt swap him with Mancini.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roberto Gotta said this week that Mancini might leave Inter at the end of this season. From what he understands, Mancini is getting increasingly frustrated with the Italian attitudes towards football and wants to go to England.

BTW, Mancini chooses his squads too. And when Cuper finally got his wingers (which was actually the first major part of a squad that he requested), he got fired only 3 months into the season after a 3-0 win at HIghbury as well.

·
Registered
34,079 Posts
G. Facchetti said:
Roberto Gotta said this week that Mancini might leave Inter at the end of this season. From what he understands, Mancini is getting increasingly frustrated with the Italian attitudes towards football and wants to go to England.
Mancini has been talking about England ever since he left the country. Guess you can't blame him with all the sh!t going on in Calcio.

BTW, Mancini chooses his squads too. And when Cuper finally got his wingers (which was actually the first major part of a squad that he requested), he got fired only 3 months into the season after a 3-0 win at HIghbury as well.
If that the case one must say that Mancini is somewhat better at picking his men:howler:

Cuper's team was nothing without Toldo and Vieri in world class shape.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you really believe Mancini is the best coach tactically that we have had at Inter since Hodgson? Yes or No, I just want everyone's opinion

·
Registered
34,079 Posts
Hard to say. Mancini is here under very different circumstances compared to, say, Lippi.

I'm sure we could do a lot worse, though. Cuper would be a lot worse, that's for sure.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Yes, Mancini is better.

We cant know if Cuper was able to win everything and be that GREATEST Coach, if giving him another year.

Mancini earned his extension, and that itself was important for him to formulate and structure the system. That Cuper was unable to do.

The squad currently looked good becuase of AddOns and Deletes, From the previous year .....and the previous years. Cambiasso then was not exactly Cambiasso now.

Farinos then and Pele now, I think Farinos was a Bigger Name from Spain, for example.

Its difficult to compare exactly, but Mancini... YES!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know how long you have followed Inter, not by any means attacking you or even me (why would I attack myself I don't know), but from what I can see, and what I talk to people, it seems like the people hwo have follwed Inter for many years (since early 90s andearlier) think that Mancini does not deserve this success at all- and that if he was a normal world class coach that had tactical sense, then we would have done a lot better than what we are doing now- whihc is saying a lot

Now I fully credit Mancini with the great formation changes BEFORE and during Games, but I have to see more of it to know that it is SKILL and not just luck

My post written before A10

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
G. Facchetti said:
I don't know how long you have followed Inter, not by any means attacking you or even me (why would I attack myself I don't know), but from what I can see, and what I talk to people, it seems like the people hwo have follwed Inter for many years (since early 90s andearlier) think that Mancini does not deserve this success at all- and that if he was a normal world class coach that had tactical sense, then we would have done a lot better than what we are doing now- whihc is saying a lot

Now I fully credit Mancini with the great formation changes BEFORE and during Games, but I have to see more of it to know that it is SKILL and not just luck

My post written before A10
Those people are morons who still complain that Mancio should be fired because our football is not barcelona,man U or arsenal football, but when has that been the case for Inter...has it ever? Certainly never since I can remember. He has won what no one else could since Il Trap took us to glory back in the late 80s

The football ha got worse as time went on under him, but the results have been FAAAAR better, if its about the CL, wenger has never one 1 in 10 years at arsenal even though he has had a fantastic team at 1 point, ferguson has won it once in 21 years, mourinho had all the money in the world and hasnt won it with chelsea, the mighty capello won it once, lippi once....lets give Mancini more time. I was very skeptical of Mancini at the start, but he has proven me and many many others wrong, he deserves the time needed to build a team that can be compared to La Grande Inter :thmbup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes sir. Spent 2 hours. Too bad cuz no one is paying any attention to this thread.

·
Registered
46,673 Posts
I'm sure Mancio has the best overall squad, and I think Puls is on point about the Cuper comparison. I always thought that Cuper should have stayed, but in hindsight, Mancio's results and more optimistic play says otherwise. Not that Mancio is all about the beautiful game of course, but Cuper was more catenaccio than catenaccio for his own good.

No offence though, Puls, but it's a bit hard to compare the teams by looking at your chart since they contain youth and rarely used squad rotation players. Would be much easier to focus on the first team players and usual subs. But I wouldn't want you to spend any more time on this, since you seem to be slightly pissed already. :nervous:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't save the file lol so no can do :howler:

·
Registered
46,673 Posts
G. Facchetti said:
I didn't save the file lol so no can do :howler:
LOL, it's okay. Great job . :thumbsup: It's not that bad on the eyes really since it's in order of senior players. I have no right to nit-pick anyway. :nervous:

·
Registered
24,617 Posts
I'll rank it according to my opinion. Reasons for improvement:

1. The management for getting a grip and sticking to a strategy and a coach.
2. Better players.
3. Mancini.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts