Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delvecchio scored 2 goals in the season.

Hubner scored 24 goals in the season.

DiVaio scored 20 goals in the season.

Is it fair that Delvecchio got called for the world cup instead of the much more prolific Hubner and DiVaio?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Trappatoni decided to take Delvecchio to Asia because of Delvecchio's capped international games with the Azzurri and because of his height and working rate on the left flank.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: Is it fair that Delvecchio is going to the world cup instead of DiVaio and Hubner?

LIME/LEMON said:
Delvecchio scored 2 goals in the season.

Hubner scored 24 goals in the season.

DiVaio scored 20 goals in the season.

Is it fair that Delvecchio got called for the world cup instead of the much more prolific Hubner and DiVaio?
Marco Delvecchio sucks, he sucked this year and the year before too, he should have stayed home and watch the world cup on TV like the rest of us.

·
Registered
368 Posts
ahhhhhhhhh... will you ever understand, one day ?....

Delvecchio NOW: midfielder on the left flank.
Hubner and Di Vaio: FORWARDS.

Why don't you notice the lack of goals for, I don't know, Lima...
0 goals! why didn't he score any goals? because he is not a forward...

you are comparing a midfielder (Delvecchio) with two forwards...

Moreover, Italian National Team don't need players like Di Vaio and Hubner: there already are Montella, Inzaghi and Vieri. How many forwards do you want?
Delvecchio is a forward (WHEN he plays as a forward) with other caracteristics, that's why he will go to the World Cup.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Is it fair that Delvecchio is going to the world cup instead of DiVaio and Hubner?

LIME/LEMON said:

Nobody said life was fair....

·
Registered
309 Posts
For a reason i don't know all the coaches likes Delvecchio.Capello prefer him from Montella,despite that Vincenzo scores and Marco doesn't.The same happend at EURO 2000,Zoff started with Delvecchio at the final and Montella replaced him.And now Trappatoni told that Marco is the player who can replace Vieri.
My guess for all this is that Delvecchio is working hard in training and ALL coaches like that.
Anyway i am sad that a lot of Roma fans writing so bad things for
Supermarco.I know that his performance last 2 years isn't the best,but don't forget his history.Only for the goal against lazio(i remember 7) we must respect him.At least i do!

Forza Roma!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Delvacchio can play well as a forward when he is needed to do so.
Have any of you ever noticed that in his few caps with the Nazionale he's only ever had 1 really bad game? It was the friendly against England and he was not used properly.
Don't any of you remember how dangerous he was when he came on in Euro2000? Remember he was the one who scored in the final to put us 30 seconds away from winning the Euro championship and he(along with Totti) was the only one making Van der Saar do any work against Holland. What about in the world cup qualifiers? Can you remember the goal he got against Romania in the San Siro?
Di Vaio should be in the team in Inzaghi's place not in the place of Delvecchio.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
I think perhaps he should have been out but not be replaced by Di Vaio... but be replaced by Baggio. That's the most logical replacement in my opinion...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts