Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the most ridiculous things he has done:
-Took a quick free kick againt Fulham(?)
-When the keeper tried to kick the ball he put he foot above the keeper to steal it and run into an empty net
-And yesterday he took another quick free kick

And I am sure there is more. :ass:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Would you care to explain what rules did he break? :rollani:

If anything he has shown a quick mind and great opportunism!! :star:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No wonder people hate that snob. Why can't he just be normal like everyone else. His celebrations, his attitude,.. everything about him. He is weird. seriously. And he is a bloody cheating snob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,347 Posts
the referee asked how he wanted to kick it. the rules haven't been broke.
i think the croates did it to us for the wc98.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
CMBurns said:
Some of the most ridiculous things he has done:
-Took a quick free kick againt Fulham(?)
-When the keeper tried to kick the ball he put he foot above the keeper to steal it and run into an empty net
-And yesterday he took another quick free kick

And I am sure there is more. :ass:
You are an idiot at the best of times, but here's my post in the Arsenal forum regarding this:

khimik said:
Only if the referee has instructed the defensive wall to be back ten yards. If the defensive wall is not back ten yards then the referee can give the freekick taker, and only the freekick taker the option to either have the wall at a fixed ten yards, or take the freekick there and then regardless if the wall is ready or not. Henry chose the latter, just like he did at Villa Park a year ago.
JKris said:
Poll asked Henry if he wanted the wall moved back, if Henry had "yes" (which he did not) then he would have to wait for a signal to shoot. As it was Gudjohsen quickly realised that Henry didn't want to wait for a signal and yelled at his teammates. He also did the mistake of moving away to open it up for Henry to shot, better to take a yellow card there.
Oh dear. :rollani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
khimik said:
You are an idiot at the best of times, but here's my post in the Arsenal forum regarding this:

Oh dear. :rollani:
What happened to the old fashioned way where the ref just communicates using his whistle. Does he really have to go have a discussion with Henry(the cheater, the choker) about how he wants the free-kick taken. Did you see the look on the refs face when Henry took that free kick. Even he was shocked. The only thing that prevented him from making him re-take was because of guys like you. You would be writing millions of posts calling him pro-chelsea, pro-united. And I can't believe in the arsenal thread you claim he robbed you of the penalty. :rollani: After the gift he gave you.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=319216&cc=5739
'In pre-season, we had a top referee at our training ground who showed us all the rules of football,' he said.

'So I have no doubts about it. One of the things he explained to us was walls, distance, whistle - everything was clear.

'I have a lot of respect for Mr Poll - he is a top referee. But the rules of the game are the same all over the world - in China, Japan, Mexico or England, in the top league or under-15s.'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
CMBurns said:
What happened to the old fashioned way where the ref just communicates using his whistle. Does he really have to go have a discussion with Henry(the cheater, the choker) about how he wants the free-kick taken. Did you see the look on the refs face when Henry took that free kick. Even he was shocked. The only thing that prevented him from making him re-take was because of guys like you. You would be writing millions of posts calling him pro-chelsea, pro-united. And I can't believe in the arsenal thread you claim he robbed you of the penalty. :rollani: After the gift he gave you.
Let me ask you this, is it okay when Hasselbaink and Ian Harte did it to us? Yeah, of course it was. You're only carrying on and whinging about it, and talking like you have some idea when you never have, just because it was us. What Henry did was perfectly legal because it's in the rules of sport - a sport you don't have, nor never will, any clue about.

If Brett Emerton did it in the match against Palace, would you care? No, not at all. Get over your obsession with Arsenal please, because it's ridiculous how bad and how far off you go just to post bollocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,237 Posts
Are you kidding me? His goal yesterday quickly made my personal top 10 list of goals, I absolutely loved it. He's a smart player, period, he broke no rules whatsoever.
 

·
I Need More Cowbell!
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Cacìni said:
Are you kidding me? His goal yesterday quickly made my personal top 10 list of goals, I absolutely loved it. He's a smart player, period, he broke no rules whatsoever.
Please, allow me to educate thee.

when a foul is called and a free kick is awarded the one who takes the free kick has two options.

1) Ask for distance (9.15m): When asking for distance the ref is the one who takes control of the play. You [/i]cannot[/i] serve the free kick untill the referee blows his whistle.

2) Not ask for distance (unbelievable so): If distance is not wanted the player may serve the free kick at any time he wishes to whether the defense it set up or not.

Now, I don't know if Henry asked for distance but if he did he cannot kick the ball untill the referee blows on his whistle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
He didn't ask for distance and he hasn't whenever he's taken a kick early. Henry even said so in the post-match interviews.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56,347 Posts
i copied a post from another site i use tu go :



I am a qualified referee, so I know what I am talking about

Once the referee blows for the infringement, the team awarded the free kick can AT ANY TIME take the free kick.

As John Giles said this morning on Dunphy's show, if a free kick is given in the middle of the park, players usually just bend down, stop the ball, and get on with it.

Why should the referee let the offending team have any advantage, he is penalising them.

No matter if it was a free kick or not, what happens after it is awarded is quite clear in the rules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
The quick Free Kicks arent his fault to be honest, he's just using that flawed rule to his advantage. When he 'nicked' the ball off Friedel last season, that was disallowed for dangerous play. I dont think there is an issue with Henry. The laws need to be reviewed perhaps.
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
I don't think they do. The whole point is the team that commits the foul is punished by the award of a free kick. The benefit of this decision should be in the attacking team's favour, which it is. If it wasn't, then you could just foul people all the time as they attack, and get away with it.

Much respect to Henry for being lightning quick, and respect to the ref for making a good decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,237 Posts
Loco said:
Please, allow me to educate thee.

when a foul is called and a free kick is awarded the one who takes the free kick has two options.

1) Ask for distance (9.15m): When asking for distance the ref is the one who takes control of the play. You [/i]cannot[/i] serve the free kick untill the referee blows his whistle.

2) Not ask for distance (unbelievable so): If distance is not wanted the player may serve the free kick at any time he wishes to whether the defense it set up or not.

Now, I don't know if Henry asked for distance but if he did he cannot kick the ball untill the referee blows on his whistle.
Thanks for the free education sonny, but here's the thing: Henry was asked if he wanted the distance by Poll, to which he replied a subtle "no thank you". Feel free to try to educate me some more though whenever you get the urge to. Cheerio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
This only goes to show two things:

a) Henry is one of the smartest players around.

b) CMBurns is officially the worst poster on XT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Graham Poll defended himself as he insisted the whistle does not need to be blown before a quick free-kick can be taken.

'The whistle doesn't need to be blown. I asked Henry `do you want a wall?'. He said `can I take it please?' He was very polite. I said `yes',' he reported.

'I deal with the laws of the game; I deal with fact. I gave the signal for him to take it, and that's what he did.

'The same thing happened when I refereed Chelsea against West Ham in an FA Cup replay two years ago - when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored - and I don't remember them complaining about that.'

Henry added: 'People said the same to me after I scored at Aston Villa last season.

'But I don't know if anyone asked Ian Harte when he did it twice to us, here and at Elland Road,

Chelsea should stop bitching, they couldn't beat Arsenal even though they had two little kids in the middle of the Park. Once Vieira, Ljungberg, Gilberto and Edu come back Arsenal will show they are the best team in England.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Huckerby is God said:
i agree with CMBurns about Henry..Henry is a arrogant wanker look at his celebration vs Panathinkos with that walk
He only did that because he has history with the Panathanaikos fans, you [email protected]

Henry only has haters because he is one of the best around...simple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,056 Posts
mali said:
i copied a post from another site i use tu go :

I am a qualified referee, so I know what I am talking about

Once the referee blows for the infringement, the team awarded the free kick can AT ANY TIME take the free kick.

As John Giles said this morning on Dunphy's show, if a free kick is given in the middle of the park, players usually just bend down, stop the ball, and get on with it.

Why should the referee let the offending team have any advantage, he is penalising them.

No matter if it was a free kick or not, what happens after it is awarded is quite clear in the rules.
Except in the game the whistle is blown to stop a freekick being taken from Chelsea's side at least once that I recall.

Referee's will also blow the whistle and hold up play for a substitute which disallows such an option.

And you also see teams give the ball back to the opposition after play was stopped for whatever reason, there is no rule for that yet you would be a cheat if you took advantage of it to score.

Then award a god damned penalty, even then Cech would have had a better chance to stop it. First of all it was not a foul, Pires dived. Second, this rule and piss-poor excuse is completely contradicted as ref's will OFTEN stop a free kick being played early as well as hold up play for substitutions. It has no logical basis. Chelsea players were instructed at the start of the season by a representative in how things operate, did anyone there have the slightest clue what was going to happen besides Poll, Henry and Gudjohnson? Eidur only knew because he heard it.

Again, many things are stated in the rules. A yellow card is given for pulling off the shirt and a potential early-career ending tackle... but instead of relying on the rule itself they should find the logic. This is in the REAL rules of life, circular logic, a fallacy. And look at what it would promote, now every player has to stand right in front of the ball everytime because it may not be taken with the wall. And if that happens... guess what... Ref's give cards to people. So if this referee would care to explain why he is such a hypocrite then maybe I could understand the logic behind it.

I consider Henry a cheat as I would someone taking advantage of the ball being thrown back to him to score. Although I look less fondly on Pires diving for the free kick. I still think they are both great players though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
best around?

as your a Real Madrid fan u would of noticed Raul

also you like Inter Milan ..so u must follow Italian football

how did Henry do in Italy - LOL

and the best Striker in football right now is Andrei Shevchenko FACT

u call me a twat? - go support a team u watch
 
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Top