Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that hes parents are both Greek but they left for Romania in 1949 From Greece to escape the civil war.Both his parents hold a Greek passport still,but he had a romanian passport and generally ''Felt Romanian not Greek''

Anybody got more info?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I've heard one story or two, but I don't think so. He may have a Greek sounding name (bear in mind that there's plenty of them in Romania current Xanthi coach Mantouranis is one example)but Given what he's been up to in recent years, I think he feels more Turkish.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
He almost came to PAO instead of Gala...

what a combination that would have been, Hagi - Borelli - Warzycha -- we would have won in 96

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If I'm not mistaken PAO were after him in 1989????????

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
he would have stayed long enough ;)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
His parents lived in Thessaloniki but they were not Greek.

He isn't Greek.

Now that you've brought it up, what is he??

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
He is a Vlach (Aroman).

They are people whose language is related to Romanian, hence the move to Romania.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Hagi is about as greek as Juan Ramon Rocha is :nono:
Bak ib the 80's Vardinoyinnais tried to bring to PAO the Argentine Juan Ramon Rocha under the pseudonym Boublis trying to pass him off as a Greek. This scam was exposed ofcourse and we al know now that Rocha came to PAO had hada successfull caeer.
Vardinoyiannis tried to do the same with Hagi, he tried to bring him to PAO as a Greek Giorgos Xatzis.

·
Registered
221 Posts
^^^^^^
i kno how much u hate PAO, and everything you type is pretty biased, but i wouldnt be surprised if that was true.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It is true, but it's not like PAO is the only team who has done such a a thing, is it Redhot? ;)

·
Banned
195 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
It is true, but it's not like PAO is the only team who has done such a a thing, is it Redhot? ;)

No PAOK have also have done their fair share of scams :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
REDHOT7 said:
Hagi is about as greek as Juan Ramon Rocha is :nono:
Bak ib the 80's Vardinoyinnais tried to bring to PAO the Argentine Juan Ramon Rocha under the pseudonym Boublis trying to pass him off as a Greek. This scam was exposed ofcourse and we al know now that Rocha came to PAO had hada successfull caeer.
Vardinoyiannis tried to do the same with Hagi, he tried to bring him to PAO as a Greek Giorgos Xatzis.
Lool, we know such affairs in Turkey too, with French International player Didier Six playing with the name Dündar Siz in Galatasaray in 1987. :pp

·
Registered
156 Posts
i remember the incident well,vardinogiannis was trying to bring him over as a greek,he did some deal with a romanian minister ,where oil would be supplied as a part of the deal for hagi.and yes he did bring rocha over initially under the name of boublis.other than this little minor scams ,vardinogiannis is a trustworthy person.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The Grappler said:
i remember the incident well,vardinogiannis was trying to bring him over as a greek,he did some deal with a romanian minister ,where oil would be supplied as a part of the deal for hagi.and yes he did bring rocha over initially under the name of boublis.other than this little minor scams ,vardinogiannis is a trustworthy person.
I'm glad you said it!
:lazy:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The Grappler said:
vardinogiannis is a trustworthy person.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You mean the president who treats his own players like dirt?

Much like the rest presidents of the Greek league (few are the exceptions, like Panopoulos) he's scum.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I heard that Hagi married Popescu's sister so that would make the other woman, Popescu's wife - his own sister :D lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.