Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does he do besides run and foul.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
papa said:
Its like asking what a GK does beside saving goals and only staying in the D-line. :rollani: :rollani:

·
Registered
220 Posts
he's the engine of milan's midfield. he's not the most graceful player in terms of dribbling and skill but his defensive skills are top class. he breaks up plays, never stops running as you said and of course he's gonna foul a few times, hell it'd be worrying if a player like him didn't commit SOME fouls. a lot of DM's could take lessons from this guy, there's a reason why he plays in the Milan starting 11 week in and out.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I thought that too, but his importance to the team is huge, and I'm sure every time would want to have a player like him in their squad. He is the type of player who plays with his heart, doesn't care if he is going to get hurt in the tackle. A team doesn't need 11 or 10 players who can dribble and can make amazing passes/assists, but infact a team need different type of players, for different games in different circumstances.

Gattuso might have awful passes, well not "awful" but they aren't anything special and can't remember a time when he made a wonderful assist/pass.

On my part, I would love to have Gattuso in Real Madrid, although people might say I'm baised, but I would prefer Gravessen for his acurate passes, because there is no one next to him to make the acurate pass, while in Milan, Gatusso has Pirlo right next to him, Gatusso cuts, Pirlo plays. Best example of a 2 DM formation.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Every player is limited in some abilities, you don't see Ronaldinho tackling that often, do you?
Gattuso is the perfect player for the position and role he is given in Milan. They play with 3 midfielders and Kaka as AM, and everyone of the 3 midfielders has a different role - Gattuso does his one perfectly.
His passing isn't that bad either, you won't see him giving a wonderful through pass, but that's what Pirlo or Kaka should do, his job is to receive the ball and pass it around as quickly as possible.
With players like Gattuso you win trophies.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
papa said:
What exactly does he do besides run and foul
07-09-2004

CmBurns said:
Gattuso is in the same class as Viera, Davids, Makelele while Beckham is in the same class as Anna Kournikova
What is your motivation?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
papa said:
Somebody has to do the dirty work. As a former DM I can tell you it isn't as easy as you might think it is.

You have to run more, you get hurt more, you get booked more, etc.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he's the legs and lungs, a bit like a much better version of Robbie Savage.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
every team needs a player like Gattuso,a player who fights for every ball and never gives up.
IMO he's the soul of Milan's midfield :cool:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fc barcelona said:
every team needs a player like Gattuso,a player who fights for every ball and never gives up.
IMO he's the soul of Milan's midfield :cool:
The guy can easily be replaced. He is nothing special

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
That's exactly what Perez told at Valdano while he signed the paperwork for Makelele's sale at Chelsea. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
papa said:
The guy can easily be replaced. He is nothing special
Nevertheless, we'll hang on to him :embarass:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
Nevertheless, we'll hang on to him :embarass:
any truth in therumours that his wife wants to move back to UK ?

United would like him.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
any truth in therumours that his wife wants to move back to UK ?

United would like him.
He said not long ago, that until the board won't sack him, he's hounoured to play for us :smileani: Possibly one day he might leave, not in the near future though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts