Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy is on fire.
He is elegant, graceful and has a great footballing brain. There is no other player you can compare with Gago in terms of skillset and style. He is arguably the best tackler on the planet and yet still possesses a sharp eye for the impossible pass with the capacity to organize the team.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
:howler:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
He's not only the best midfielder in the world, he's the best player in the world period.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Going back on topic, I used to criticize him a lot last season and I think everyone in the Real Madrid forum known that. :D But this season he really improved his game, you see he's more adapted to the pace of football in Spain and Europe. What I like about him is his ability to make a killer pass from the half way line. I doubt other defensive midfielders could do that, Sissoko for example.

Yes he might not be Redondo, but it doesn't mean he'll not be a great midfielder in 2-3 years. Anyways, my favourite CM/DM in the Real Madrid squad is De La Red. :( Now that's what I call a smart all round midfielder :proud:

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Going back on topic, I used to criticize him a lot last season and I think everyone in the Real Madrid forum known that. :D But this season he really improved his game, you see he's more adapted to the pace of football in Spain and Europe. What I like about him is his ability to make a killer pass from the half way line. I doubt other defensive midfielders could do that, Sissoko for example.

Yes he might not be Redondo, but it doesn't mean he'll not be a great midfielder in 2-3 years. Anyways, my favourite CM/DM in the Real Madrid squad is De La Red. :( Now that's what I call a smart all round midfielder :proud:
You cant compare midfielders (def) in Italy and Spain for making a killer passes from half way line. In Spain most of the teams play attacking football so it is way easier for making such passes BUT in Italy most of the teams play defensive football so that pass needs to go pass 2 lines Midfielders and defense AND still it wont work bc defense is near the GK so it might be intercepted by the GK.

AND also dont compare Sisoko pure def mid with Gago who is more of a playmaker.

On the topic I don't think Gago is anywhere near the best midfielder, yet.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohh, I forgot to name my source :D See bold part

Pepe is our leader in defense and definitely an inspiration. When he plays like that the whole defense just feeds off his confidence.

I said he has a chance to be unique if he continues to grow at his present rate, he's just getting better and better and IMO Gago can definitely be unique. Please tell me another player you can compare with Gago in terms of skillset and style? He is arguably the best tackler on the planet and yet still possesses a sharp eye for the impossible pass with the capacity to organize our football.

I love DDR, you know that. Tell you what, him and Gago wouldn't be too bad of a CM pairing. ;)

You cringe at the thought of Gago possibly being unique and then have the audacity to claim Alonso is the perfect central midfield player in the World? I cringe, baulk and have to physically restrain my eyes from popping out at that :rolleyes:.

Alonso has nothing on Gago and, when the two square up in the last 16 of the Champions League, we will see who comes out on top.
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=6812536&postcount=146

·
1st Tier Poster
49,996 Posts
lol I was suspicious when I read your first post because it was funnier and better written than your usual posts and now I know why

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
it'll be interesting to see gago-masch in the pool-rm game, i personally think masch will eat him alive, though gago does seem to be showing promise

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.